• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You actually have people talking? Usually the game is a voice wasteland no one has their mic sign on. No one talks at all.

Makes the game not as much fun as it should be. As coordination is out the window.

Does anyone know if DICE do voice servers where you have to use a mic?

Might be random luck but I'm in 'chatterbox' random games quite frequently. I mainly play on European DICE servers.

My headset is broken now tho (5 year old MS one finally kicked it), getting a new Bluetooth/360 wireless one next week.

Is there a reason the squad system sucks as much as it does in this game? I remember in Bad Company 2 you clicked play with friends, invite your friend, join match and done. It's basically like that in this game too but rarely does it put me and my friend on the same team and when it does it puts us in different squads. Is it the game or is it something we're doing wrong?

olimpia84

Is there a reason the squad system sucks as much as it does in this game? I remember in Bad Company 2 you clicked play with friends, invite your friend, join match and done. It's basically like that in this game too but rarely does it put me and my friend on the same team and when it does it puts us in different squads. Is it the game or is it something we're doing wrong?

It's the game. I hope they fix it soon because it's annoying and a waste of time trying to get the squad set up after you join the game.

the game auto balances each player as they join so it often splits a group when they enter the server.

it actually seems to do this by design and not as a bug.

meppi

the game auto balances each player as they join so it often splits a group when they enter the server.

it actually seems to do this by design and not as a bug.

All good and well, but why do we always seem to get split up, yet often end up on the same team. Just in different squads. :-/

Face it, DICE just sucks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm guessing that you're using the MG36 on B2K maps. It's a known bug with that weapon on those maps.

Yep, MG36, QBU and the other Sniper gun ALL work on vanilla maps but not B2K maps currently. So don't use those on there or avoid them after getting 10 kills with them on vanilla maps.

olimpia84

Seriously fuck this. Yet another "connection to the server was lost" message during a key part of a game. I'm getting tired of this shit, it's ALWAYS during an important game. Worst of all, it's very frequent. And even worse is that I get disconnected and try rejoin the game literally less than 10 seconds after the disconnect message and I get the "lol game is already full".

And no, it's NOT my internet connection. I have clocked more than 27 hours of online Resident Evil Revelations with my 3DS and never had a single disconnect message. It's either the stupid netcode of the game or the fucking PS3 console (which by the way it's WIRED to my internet connection while the 3DS is obviously using the weaker router signal). Sony should takes notes from Nintendo on how to make a quality product that actually works.

Huh ? I had a weird bug : whenever I wanted to play a deathmatch, I restarted with my basic weapons (and I had no access to the other weapons I had unlocked). I did not have this problem in conquest mode...does anybody else have this problem ?

Ocho

I just noticed there's a Console community thread.. and here I was posting on the other one.

I've been planning on finally getting BF3 for PS3 or X360. Are both version comparable? How's the PS3 posse? The only reason I may go 360 is because of party chat. I hated to join some gaffers on the good days of BFBC2 only to be the odd man out in a random squad.

How's the game?

I just noticed there's a Console community thread.. and here I was posting on the other one.

I've been planning on finally getting BF3 for PS3 or X360. Are both version comparable? How's the PS3 posse? The only reason I may go 360 is because of party chat. I hated to join some gaffers on the good days of BFBC2 only to be the odd man out in a random squad.

How's the game?

PS3 version has controller input lag. DICE is "looking into" it. other than that, they're pretty comparable.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im in Conquest mood anyone wanna play today? (PS3)

olimpia84

Saw a guy cheating in Op. Metro. He was underneath the floor slab on top of Charlie so it was really annoying as you couldn't get to him and the flag would start blinking if you left the area. We still manage to win though so it was all good.

hagaf22

Neo Member
Looking for PS3 players that play the objective on conquest. I've been around the forums, but just recently got my account approved. I have a mic, and cap flags like a baws. PSN Hagaf22

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Every time that I invited you the game got full today apparently =/
Yeah sorry man i tried about 3 - 4 times and no luck.
See you today!

Looking for PS3 players that play the objective on conquest. I've been around the forums, but just recently got my account approved. I have a mic, and cap flags like a baws. PSN Hagaf22
Ill add you in a bit. I love me some Conquest.

TheSeks

Played a round yesterday. People running like lemmings up to the enemy to be killed.

Yep, people still can't play the game. :|

TheSeks

got it!

2x SQDM medals left now... but not today

I tried to join you but got put on the other team and since that's 4 vs 4 I went NOPE.avi and went to Call of Duty.

Leveling up the perks there is so damn annoying. Muchs BF's unlock system look good.

Tek

So I just recently picked up Battlefield 3 and started the solo camp - I did the first mission fine, but the 2nd mission - Operation Swordbreaker is glitching.

I get out of the vehicle and walk over to the guy looking at the map then nothing happens. My teammates just stand there. I looked online and saw that this was a glitch with the HD Content pack so I deleted that. However, the same thing happens.

Do I need to start my game over? Delete my save? Clear the cache?

This is on a slim 360 - game is not installed to the HDD

My other question, can I ever reinstall the HD content pack again? I'm surprised that this wasn't patched considering the game came out in Oct.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, any ETA on the patch? Specifically PS3?

Also, is Strike at Karkand worth picking up for Rush mode. I dont care how it plays in conquest.

That's what I'm doing right now but it's nowhere nearly as fun as achieving platinum stars in BC2. Weapons in BF3 handle differently and are way more boring.

One thing I don't like about BF3 weapons compared to BC2, is the sound. In BF3 I am basically forced to use a suppressor so I don't show up on the mini-map. Didn't have to worry about that in BC2 (no suppressor option anyways) and now I don't get to hear the sweet music of these rifles firing. I love the sound design and effects, but I hate how all my rifles/carbines sound the same because of the suppressor. Really wish DICE didn't put that into the game, (firing making you appear of the mini map that is).

Miggytronz

Whoa............You guys following suit?

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/blackout-battlefield.3881/#post-40258

bf3blackout_image-jpg.621

The real issue with Battlefield 3 isn’t the game itself believe it or not. The great thing about a game is it can be patched, fixed, corrected and enhanced where needed… and whose job is that you wonder? DICE, the game developer and the people who should be running the Battlefield community, not some marketing/publisher powerhouse with nothing but dollar signs and stock projections in mind… why am I talking about this you may ask? It’s because the loyal, dedicated, veterans of this game know and understand that DICE is working their ass off to fix the game, and the issues we demand, but Electronic Arts worried about nothing but money. This community has been neglected since the launch of the game in October. No information on patches until release date, and no communication at all from the studio and developers on issues.

As a longtime battlefield player, community manager, and a person who knows what is going on with this community on a daily basis, I’m frustrated, you’re frustrated… Shouldn’t we expect better? At least acknowledge the existence of the issues we present, and have a very long list of things to work on. Yet... we know none of this information have that communication now do we? You wonder why I assume of course, why is it that the studio who developed the game, cannot communicate with the followers, fans, and community that the very game they built? The answer of course is Electronic Arts… We can’t get information, or even acknowledgement about the issues we raise, patching schedules, game updates, or even hints at Downloadable content. Electronic Arts is too concerned with releasing information based on their precious yet inaccurate numbers that calculate the best times to release game updates and DLC. Not the community, not you, and certainly not me.

DICE after all, is owned by EA… this isn’t all EA’s fault to be honest; some of the blame lies with DICE as well. Obviously there are some issues that are currently in the game that exist as problems because of the failure to QA said problems. (USAS-12, MAV Elevators, etc…) We can assume that a lot of these instances with weapons being so severely unbalanced and blatant issues with map glitches such as the MAV situation are because of the rush to push the game out to compete with Modern Warfare 3. Nevertheless, we’re kept in the dark with no patch schedule, no details, and not even direct responses from DICE, at all.

So… this is what we’re going to do… as a community. We’re going to give Electronic Arts until Friday, March 2nd to announce the next major patch and the fixes that they have made, or are currently making. SOME acknowledgement of the outcry about the issues that is currently wrong with the game right now, today… Or we’re going to black out the entire battlefield community for 1 day, 24 hours, no playing, no posting, and no tweeting. Silence fed right back into the mouths of those who have chosen to give us the very same silence. We’ll be waiting for you to give us our community back EA, and put it in the very capable hands of the people who developed, and made the game. Please, we beg you, allow us to communicate, get information, and answers from the game developers, not bullshit responses on twitter from @Battlefield telling them to contact a game advisor.

We’d just like to also clarify that we love and appreciate all the DICE developers, and enjoy very much interacting with them, sharing ideas and planning events with them. However, we are a community site, and we carry the voice and speak for the community, right now, the community needs your attention, communication, and a little more transparency as to what’s going on with the game.

Stay updated here, and across all our sites for motivation and movement to Black Out the entire Battlefield community should it come to that… Follow the @dontrevivemebro and @Battlefieldo twitters for more information on the #BF3Blackout , should it come to this… hopefully it does not.

JJD

DICE has always been like that. Long stretches of time with no interaction with the community.

What a shame.

Yeah, it's easy blaming EA, and I'm sure they are responsible for many of the game issues. There's no arguing that BF3 was a little rushed. But Dice post release support has always been laughable. BFBC2 was the same.

I don't get the hate USAS Frags get.

Are they overpowered? Yeah.

Do they need a nerf? Yeah.

Do they break the game? Hell no.

I was never a shotgun guy, and I only started using the USAS Frags when I heard that they were going to be nerfed. I wanted to know what everyone was talking about. I only use then when I'm running Recon or Support, which is less than 15% of my time spend in the game. They are fun, but useful in specific situations, contrary to some guns that are good all around.

I was never owned hard enough to rage against someone using then. Usually when I die to a USAS player it's because he got the jump on me, so I would die anyway. In Bazaar or Metro you gotta be a little careful against USAS players, but since most of then can't aim for shit I don't have much trouble. On big maps I laugh at guys gunning at me with shotguns, and at those kind of maps I almost always run engineer with a standard carbine.

The frags itself don't do that much damage, the problem IMO is the splash damage, but as I said, I've not yet felt that I was at a huge disadvantage against a USAS player.

Yeah, it's easy blaming EA, and I'm sure they are responsible for many of the game issues. There's no arguing that BF3 was a little rushed. But Dice post release support has always been laughable. BFBC2 was the same.

I don't get the hate USAS Frags get.

Are they overpowered? Yeah.

Do they need a nerf? Yeah.

Do they break the game? Hell no.

I was never a shotgun guy, and I only started using the USAS Frags when I heard that they were going to be nerfed. I wanted to know what everyone was talking about. I only use then when I'm running Recon or Support, which is less than 15% of my time spend in the game. They are fun, but useful in specific situations, contrary to some guns that are good all around.

I was never owned hard enough to rage against someone using then. Usually when I die to a USAS player it's because he got the jump on me, so I would die anyway. In Bazaar or Metro you gotta be a little careful against USAS players, but since most of then can't aim for shit I don't have much trouble. On big maps I laugh at guys gunning at me with shotguns, and at those kind of maps I almost always run engineer with a standard carbine.

The frags itself don't do that much damage, the problem IMO is the splash damage, but as I said, I've not yet to felt that I was at a huge disadvantage against a USAS player.

yeah, they're annoying and overpowered and really make attacking Metro Rush feel broken, but i never thought "fuck this game, i'm done!" after playing.

Top Bottom