• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applying for a new job online, and it's got a previous/expected salary field that you can't skip. I've always hated giving that info so early, any suggestions. Was thinking of putting down $1, just not sure how that would go over.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I totally can't call a physio place since I seem to have a fair bit of self doubt about my stupid back. I wonder if I should just go to the doctors first and see if a physio is an option based on what they find. I have no idea what i'm doing.

Or hope that my week off solves everything without me doing anything. woo hoo!

I'm tempted to join the gym across from work as well. Although I can't find much information on it via the net. I want pictures and information without stepping into the building, dammit.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
http://www.vooks.net/awaits/

What's on in 10 hours?

I didn't mean that in a condescending or mean way, I just crash up at her place a lot so I don't have night after night of sitting on my PC listening to music and posting on GAF like I used to.

Plus my weekends have gone from gaming and posting on GAF for 2 days to going out to a gig and then being hungover.

Well that was meant to be the site launch yesterday, it would have said 2 days to go.

April Fooled, its a new new site! But had some problems with my server.

Agyar

I totally can't call a physio place since I seem to have a fair bit of self doubt about my stupid back. I wonder if I should just go to the doctors first and see if a physio is an option based on what they find. I have no idea what i'm doing.

Or hope that my week off solves everything without me doing anything. woo hoo!

I'm tempted to join the gym across from work as well. Although I can't find much information on it via the net. I want pictures and information without stepping into the building, dammit.

Just go and ask to be shown the facilities and ask about the rates and membership conditions (contract, termination notice, payment periods). Then go away and think about it.

Most gyms have a shitload of cardio equipment (treadmills, bikes, elliptical cross-trainers) but the amount of weights (including free weights and machines varies). Free weights are usually the thing that people don't pay attention to when they join a gym then realise they want later.

My suggestion would be to take note of the number of machines but focus on whether the gym has squat/power racks (and how many), olympic barbells and floor space to use them, a decent set of dumbbells and plenty of benches.

Applying for a new job online, and it's got a previous/expected salary field that you can't skip. I've always hated giving that info so early, any suggestions. Was thinking of putting down $1, just not sure how that would go over.

try and avoid answering the salary question. If you are ever asked by a person, say you'd prefer not to answer the question based on past experience and that you're open to offers.

Chances are, whatever you put is more than they want to pay. If the online thing doesn't allow you to skip, try putting NA or 00 000. Better to let them make an offer and then attempt negotiations.

try and avoid answering the salary question. If you are ever asked by a person, say you'd prefer not to answer the question based on past experience and that you're open to offers.

Chances are, whatever you put is more than they want to pay. If the online thing doesn't allow you to skip, try putting NA or 00 000. Better to let them make an offer and then attempt negotiations.

Yeah, ended up putting $0. Best to let them make the offer, if I even get that far that is.

midonnay

http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...m-game-sale-scam/story-e6frfrt9-1226316539362

When customers turned up at stores this morning, many found staff claiming to be unaware that the sale had even been scheduled.

Twenty-six-year-old desktop support worker, Charles Grogan told news.com.au that he visited three different Dick Smith stores in Queensland but found that many of the games listed were not on sale.

“Toombul was first on my list, there was at least 100+ people in line by the time doors opened,” Mr Grogan said.

“Customers ran to the back of the store where the game section normally is, skipping past all the items on sale in 'throw out bins' along the way.”

“When I got to the counter, the sales staff were yelling out to customers to stop picking up the display boxes for Xboxs and PlayStations as the store had no stock of those items that were on sale.”

Mr Grogan said that most of the sale stock wasn’t on display at Dick Smith’s Cannon Hill store, but was kept behind the counter.

“The staff member at Cannon Hill told me that the leaked list of sale items actually changed a few times over the weekend,” he said.

The staff member also told Mr Grogan that the sale was meant to start on April 5 but had to be pushed forward due to the leak.

“They didn't have the staff over the weekend to reprice the stock on the shelf, instead they came in early and took it all off the shelf,” he said.

News.com.au senior developer Sebastian Servat was one of the people queuing up this morning, a decision he said was a complete waste of time.

“There were hundreds of people just barking in the store, grabbing games, consoles, accessories, just to make it to the register and be told that nothing is on sale,” Mr Servat said.

Some reports even claim that because of the leak, Dick Smith declined to offer many goods on sale.

One commenter on Gizmodo said the staff at Dick Smith posted a sign outside one of their stores that read:

“Dear Customers,
As you may know, we are having a huge gaming sale starting from 2/4/12.
However due to the internet leak, our business will not drop 80% of what was listed until April 10th.
Thankyou (sic)”

lol, there goes dick smith's name

I just don't get why they felt the need to push things forwards in response to the leak. If they had to respond at all, it should've simply been a "yes something's coming up but we're still preparing" statement and then going ahead as planned.

“DSE Altona had almost nothing (on sale), plenty of stock of items that were clearly on the discount list at full price," wrote a commenter known as "Mixer" on OzBargain.
THATS WHERE I WENT
So i sent my mum there on friday to see what they had. because of that she knew where everything was. so she gobbled up all the wii motes and then got sworn at by the rest of the 100 or so people in there who she out shopped.

“DSE Altona had almost nothing (on sale), plenty of stock of items that were clearly on the discount list at full price," wrote a commenter known as "Mixer" on OzBargain.
THATS WHERE I WENT
So i sent my mum there on friday to see what they had. because of that she knew where everything was. so she gobbled up all the wii motes and then got sworn at by the rest of the 100 or so people in there who she out shopped.
Why would you buy all the remotes? Don't you need 4 at most?

I was in line before they opened with about 40 people and was one of the first in the door. At the shop I went to (Whitfords City) not a single item was available for sale. A girl I know works there and she said all the staff purchased everything before they opened. She personally bought 2x DSi and 37x games (and still complained that she didn't get everything she wanted to).

Yagharek

THATS WHERE I WENT

If ever the term "unwashed masses" was appropriate, it would be for hordes of game clearance sale bargain hunters.

I expect riots in the streets if/when Game goes under.

THATS WHERE I WENT

I frown at this behavior.

hamchan

New episode of Game of Thrones was good but wow it must be confusing for people that haven't read the book. So many characters.

THATS WHERE I WENT

SO YOU ARE THE ONE TO BLAME!!! @#$%

Did you pick up any consoles at all? Don't care about wii motes.

Sending your mum to do your dirty work...tsk tsk. Shameful.

Jintor

I'm... not really sure.

I think I should have probably sat down to read it all at once instead of drip-feeding it whenever I could catch a break from my legal assignments

New episode of Game of Thrones was good but wow it must be confusing for people that haven't read the book. So many characters.

The first series was confusing for me because of this too. Took me 4 episodes to realise there was two families and the white haired people were different too.

The dude at DSE obviously did batches of stock as when I got there at 4pm there were quite a few games up on the shelves. Grabbed a few decent bargains and was tempted by the $50 Xbox HDD and a PSMove gun shell for $5 to go with the one I already have.

360 EA Sports Fitness 2 pack for $5 - will go great with the Mel B thing we have and the resistance band will work with it too. Was tempted to pick it up at KMart for $20 a few weeks back so this worked out well
Wii Yoga Mat for $1 - again, will go great with the fitness junk and a good spot for me to do exercises twice a day now

3DS PES2011 for $5 - do you want this to do a review Vook?
DS Dragon Quest 9 for $5 - never played, love Level 5
DS Prof Layton 2 (Box) for $5
DS Prof Layton 3 (Future) for $5 - only played bits and pieces, will be great gifts for the nieces/nephews who got DS's last year

Shaneus

I'd be keen on that HDD. Is it slim or fat?

Also, I might already have a 250-gigger. I'll have to check when I get home.

Edit: Fuuuuuucking V/Line. Letting me know that the train I was going to catch will be running 15 minutes late AFTER the option of taking the previous train goes by. Fucking dipshit cunts. Fed up with their shit.

Oh hey, would anyone here have scored a copy of The Saboteur for PC for $2 they'd want to get rid of? I'm not jonesing for it, but if it's just laying around or something I'd love to have it.

Did I say I got two G27 wheels for $140 a pop yesterday?
Why 2? Also everywhere had them at that price. You are not special. You are just another one of god's creatures.

If I can find a $100 Xbox I'll buy this, if not someone else can have it.
Just let me know in the morning, will be making another trip at 9am just for shits and giggles so I can grab it then if need be. Doesn't seem like many flippers here, most of the crowd wanted a keyboard or a DSi. They didn't even get aggressive at all, just many many questions and hopeful faces for the games guy. The games dude looked primed for a lashing so at least his day wasn't too bad, in addition to the phat loot he would have picked up. Won't be long until he is out of a job anyway by the sounds of it.

I'd be keen on that HDD. Is it slim or fat?

Also, I might already have a 250-gigger. I'll have to check when I get home.

Oh hey, would anyone here have scored a copy of The Saboteur for PC for $2 they'd want to get rid of? I'm not jonesing for it, but if it's just laying around or something I'd love to have it.
Slim.

Also The Saboteur is a bit rough on PC. This may interest you (and me but it would just get wrecked here :/ )
Also it is $20 on Origin which is pricey.

Rezbit

Didn't give a toss about the sale apart from a potential PSP that would obviously not even be available. Sounds like a disaster all round. I had no chance seeing as I have to be at work at 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom