• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

Dany

Banned
I don't know which control I like. The new one makes the most snese t seems to easy to pull of tricky's. Just press X,A,B,Y and and LT+RT and face buttons does a super tricky? The camera seems too close, can I pull it back any?

As a huge SSX fan I am still getting my hands warm but I like what I've played

KillGore

Can someone tell me how to get the "Tricky" power quick? I sometimes seem to get it really quick doing simple moves while other times I do a complicated move and I get nothing? (and vice versa)

I'm currently using the face buttons, is the analog stick option better?

Can someone tell me how to get the "Tricky" power quick? I sometimes seem to get it really quick doing simple moves while other times I do a complicated move and I get nothing? (and vice versa)

I'm currently using the face buttons, is the analog stick option better?

I usually get it pretty quick just holding a certain trick. For the 360, if you hold right trigger, forward on left stick and any of the face buttons excluding A, you can get pretty good points that way.

In other news, I finally got my time on JT2 below 2:00. My current best is 1:55. :)

Doing double input moves that aren't the same button and holding them build up boost really fast. Haven't tried doing the special tricky move while in super tricky, figure it's not worth it since I rarely get high off the ground in the race event.

Got my time down to 1:53:69 which is about a full minute faster than my initial run, very very satisfying (especially when my friends are stuck at 1:59)

kaskade

I still haven't played the 360 version yet but I feel like it won't be so bad controlling it. I didn't realize beforehand that there was a whole new control scheme. It definitely seems more suited for the 360 controller with the way the shoulder buttons are laid out. I just kind of feel like more of my friends on the 360 version will be playing it. Or maybe it's just time to fill out my PSN list a little bit.

Top Bottom