• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet delayed over Qur'an "expressions" (shipping Oct. 27th US; Nov 3rd EU)

Miburou

AmMortal said:
Very nice read. That should highlight how not all Muslims see it as an offense.

It really isn't that bad, some might even consider it a good thing.

Buuut, leave it to bigot gaf to start crapping everywhere, without any understanding of the context.

Choose a side, dude! Do you think it's offensive and it's a good idea to have been removed? Or do you think Sony over-reacted and it isn't offensive?

AmMortal said:
Very nice read. That should highlight how not all Muslims see it as an offense.

It really isn't that bad, some might even consider it a good thing.

Buuut, leave it to bigot gaf to start crapping everywhere, without any understanding of the context.

You were defending it being taken out pages ago ffs. YOU saw it as an offense.

Stop calling everyone bigots, especially when your camp has been defending stoning people and beating women.

AmMortal

Banned
Miburou said:
Choose a side, dude! Do you think it's offensive and it's a good idea to have been removed? Or do you think Sony over-reacted and it isn't offensive?

Oh crap, that came out the wrong way. :lol

Off course, if they removed it, I think that Sony did an awesome thing. A lot of Muslim are now into LBP.
TheHeretic said:
You were defending it being taken out pages ago ffs. YOU saw it as an offense.

Stop calling everyone bigots, especially when your camp has been defending stoning people and beating women.

Did you even read my posts on "beating" women and stoning?
The word iḍribūhunna comes from the root daraba ( ضرب). The word has been used many times in the Quran to mean: to hit, to travel the earth, to set up, to condemn. Thus many scholars have taken it to mean " Seperating, or condemning your spouse". As hitting, someone you love, is at its core against Islam. The Prophet Muhammad said :

The best of you are those of you, who are the best to their wives

AmMortal said:
yeah, mistranslation.

Unless you can prove otherwise.

For every person that claims the word has another meaning there will be someone who beats their wife and justifies it with that verse. I don't particuarly care what the word means, people will make it whatever they want to make it. The use of the word "obey"(and its Islamic equivalent) to describe a marriage is disgusting enough.

NSider

I didn't know about this song or the artist before this whole thing. I only found out about him here in GAF.

So, I contacted him explaining in detail what the song contains and why he, as a devout Muslim, shouldn't be singing Quran phrases with music. After a couple of days he replied and said he'll change the song (the one that was in LBP).

As I said, great guy.

lupinko

NSider said:
He sounds like a great guy.

A SALAMOU ALEIKOUM
thank's for you message BRO , im muslim to , INCHAALAH we gona change the song , GOD BLESS US
Toumani Diabaté
Grammy Award

He ends his fan replies with Grammy Award? o_O

Igo

Oh lordy lord. I'm so glad I left this thread before all the hatred and bigotry really got blatant.

I'm sure this has been posted but.

Alex Evens said:
Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all.

This thread is a disgrace.

lupinko

NSider said:
Heh, I think he obviously meant to say "Grammy Award Winner".

You don't understand what I was saying, oh well I guess these people should do the same right when they sign stuff:

Michael Jordan
NBA Champion

Michael Schumacher
F1 World Champion

Tom Hanks
Oscar Winner

George W Bush
US President Elect

NSider

AmMortal said:
:O

Whoa, changed the entire song?!
Yeah, he'll just remove the part with the Quran phrases.

lupinko said:
You don't understand what I was saying, oh well I guess these people should do the same right when they sign stuff:

Michael Jordan
NBA Champion

Michael Schumacher
F1 World Champion

Tom Hanks
Oscar Winner

George W Bush
US President Elect
He likes to flaunt it, so what? :D

Jaeyden

I wonder what the bill for this fiasco is? Cost of recall to Sony? Lost sales from canceled preorders? I wonder if the poor songwriter will lose out on royalties?

Jaeyden said:
I wonder what the bill for this fiasco is? Cost of recall to Sony? Lost sales from canceled preorders? I wonder if the poor songwriter will lose out on royalties?
What's his label ? Is it a Sony, Columbia... one ?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Chalk up another win for radical fundamentalists. Just about every game ever made that features an American setting shits all over any number of Muslim beliefs, btw.

Unless all of us wake up Islamic tomorrow there is no appeasing the radicals.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
lol just saw this story on the Australian News SBS. Its pretty big story.

edit: they motioned resistance not being recalled.

guggnichso

Banned
m0dus said:
But M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., president of the non-profit American Islamic Forum for Democracy told Edge on Monday, “Muslims cannot benefit from freedom of expression and religion and then turn around and ask that anytime their sensibilities are offended that the freedom of others be restricted.

Listen to this man, he's so right, I want to have his babies.

No45 said:
Last Album release was on Nonesuch Records.
Ok. I've checked and if I'm correct it's A Warner Group label so the artist have nothing to worry about his royalties.
And maybe at the contrary this thing will make him more famous...

I'm sad that we have to do such things because some are offended by "little" details.
But I can understand that they at least have the right to say what they think about it, what I don't understand is why it's MM or Sony's pb since it's the artist that chose to express his talent this way.
People who are disagree with that should just discuss it with the author and maybe they'll understand why he used those phrases in his song's lyrics.

NSider

Dr. Jasser obviously knows nothing about what kind of game LittleBigPlanet is. He knows nothing about context of the song or the lyrics. This isn't about freedom of speech. It's obvious MM didn't put that song in the game to send a message or anything. They were actually surprised to hear what the words actually were, and when they found out they immediately prepared a patch but Sony decided to pull the game. So this whole "freedom of speech" argument doesn't fly.

This isn't anything like the Resistance FoM controversy were the church was an integral part of the game. The song in LBP was an unintentional mistake. If it was something obviously intentional, I (personally) wouldn't even bother to contact Sony about it and would just not buy the game if it offends me, and chalk it under freedom of speech.

Chû Totoro said:
But I can understand that they at least have the right to say what they think about it, what I don't understand is why it's MM or Sony's pb since it's the artist that chose to express his talent this way.
People who are disagree with that should just discuss it with the author and maybe they'll understand why he used those phrases in his song's lyrics.
Already did:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13310510&postcount=2474

Throughout all the bickering and back and forth arguments in this thread, I have taken one thing from this discussion.

M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D is the freaking man!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not sure how this fits in with Nsider's communications with the singer, but the BBC had a report on this on last night's news at ten, relayed by Eurogamer here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=264251

Speaking to the BBC's News at Ten TV programme, Toumani Diabate, the Malian singer of the music track that has caused the delay to LittleBigPlanet's release, has defended his lyrics.

The game was recalled from retailers worldwide last week so that the song could be removed. It features two lines that directly quote the Islamic holy text, the Qur'an, the inclusion of which Sony feared might offend some Muslims.

Diabate, a Muslim himself, doesn't see the problem. "It's quite normal to play music and be inspired by the words of the prophet Mohammed," he told the BBC. "It's my way to attract and inspire people towards Islam."

The BBC reporter has his own blog on the issue here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2008/10/a_hard_headed_decision.html

Can we imagine Sony executives giving the green light to a shoot-em-up set in a mosque?

In a global market it makes sense not to alienate great chunks of your market by offending their religious beliefs. This is particularly true if the offence might trigger an angry global response.

Are there double standards here? Offending a religious group is fine so long as you can be confident they won't burn your corporate flag?

(As he himself says, though, this was really just a hard-headed business decision rather than anything to do with actually respecting religious sensibilities).

Fady K

ymmv said:
Well, at least those answers came from a human being. You seem to be an ok guy juding by those comments. You're not a hardlining fundamentalist, but a moderate. The only real problem is that you're a slave to your religion. You're doing your best to rationalize the crazier aspects of islam, for example your defense of something as horrid as stoning,(oh, those laws are dead letters, no judge will actually condemn women to be stoned) It seems like you realize it's impossible to defend those laws and then you get the poor excuse: if I don't agree with the tenets of the koran, the problem cannot be the koran so it must be me. I simply don't know enough about the islam or else I wouldn't be conflicted about this.

The trouble is you'll be never able to learn enough to reconcile your misgivings because the islam isn't perfect and flawless, it was made by humans. Mohammed wasn't the messenger of god, he was just a guy with a religion he made up at the spot. If the koran was the word of an infallible god, why are there conflicting texts? Why are there abrogated texts? Why are there nasikh that replace mansukh?

Why does the koran contain absurdities about the stars being lamps that the devils use as missiles? Allah turning Jews into apes? What is this nonsense about jinn? The list could go on and on. If you're interested in all the strange facts, contradicitons, etc in the Koran, you should look up http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm. Or try http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles.htm#quran

I can understand you very well when you say Im a slave to my religion, but I must let you know that my point in reading further info about the religion isnt due to me trying my best to rationalize something blindly, but rather to see if there are things that make sense behind it more - ultimately leading to a better understanding of it (gosh I have never used the word understanding so much before in my life.) As for my 'defense' of stoning, maybe I didnt make it clear enough but im not trying to defend stoning and advocate it, im just saying that, within Islam, those who earn such a thing as stoning can only earn it in a very specific manner that is nearly impossible. I just want you to consider the chances of being witnessed by four people + committing adultery + knowing that it can lead to execution before you do it + being a Muslim. When you realize that these four conditions MUST happen in correlation - do you see how hard it is for anyone to earn such a punishment?

By the way, I have heard there are countries which use such a system of punishment in the name of Islam without the use of four witnesses, that is absolutely wrong and I will look into a case or two when I get some free time. But such cases are wrong and barbaric as they follow a system not based on Islam, rather they take advantage of something rooted in Islam and twist it towards a direction they want.

Also, did I say "if you dont agree with the tenets of the Quran then the problem must be you?" If I did, I apologize for I would not have meant it the way it sounded - in actuality, I would actually not find one little thing wrong with you if you put the effort to research a certain ruling in the Quran well - and then disgaree with it.

I agree that you can never learn enough about a religion - but i think that the more you look into a religion (or even better, religionS) you get a good grasp about things you never imagined about religion before.

As for Islamic belief, it is believed that Muhammad was a messenger who was responsible in delivering the message of Islam. This topic is big in itself, though there are a lot of explanations as to what happened and why in the Quran itself. As for what you stated about infallible texts, the Quran that we use today is the one and only Quran that was ever available - not a single modification as far as Muslims know. There are no newer versions of it ever since its existence. Also, in Islam we believe in the message that Moses and Jesus among others delivered, and as for Muslims, chronologically speaking, the Quran was the last major holy book that came and was never modified since. One of the worst sins that a Muslim can commit is meddle with the Qurans content in any shape or form, and Muslim scholars until this very day continue to look out for the preservation of the Quran. There is a lot of info to be told about the Quran, but rather than focus my efforts solely on this issue, I will discuss the other points you mentioned as well - unless you had some interest in me explaining more points about the Quran (or anything I say, for that matter) - then a PM will do. I am not too familiar with the other stuff you mentioned at the conclusion of your message - but I will, however, tag that link you provided me with, look into it, and get back to you through a PM or so once I do.

Xenon said:
Fady K -
359joxz.jpg

posted out of respect

AmMortal said:

You guys are too kind :)

RandomVince said:
I do see your point. Some of the myths I listed are for young children to believe in, others are things that people in general used to believe in through older religions (Zeus) or implications of religion (spherical crystals holding the planets in check).

Religion does hold a lot more sway than these myths do, I concede that point. But I do think this would probably have more to do with religion addressing some pretty important human concerns that are yet to be addressed by any other philosophy to such an extent. The sorts of issues Im thinking of are ones such as fear of death, fear of loss, need for community, the need to feel important etc.

But just to go back briefly to the point you (rightly) raise about age - how many parents tell their kids that the tooth fairy is make believe? No-one says that about gods. I think children get ingrained with religion, and most dont critically think about it. I personally think religion should wait til one is old enough to make up their own mind if they want to believe or not.

I very much agree with what you say in the paragraph, and its quite interesting honestly. And I -especially- agree with you that many people who believe in religion take it for granted - I know many people around me just like that. I think it wasnt too long ago when I decided to look into the stuff myself rather than just listen to what people tell me - and my God what a difference it made. I felt like I lived a lie to tell you the truth - not saying my belief is right and yours is wrong - im saying that the amount of stuff I learned in contradiction to what I was tought was mindblowing. And btw - I also agree with how you say it is better to look at religious matters when one is old enough to decide and compare based on what info is available. I think this whole post of yours is full of sense, interesting, and amazing. Good read man :)

EviLore said:
I don't care what religion you believe in or what your religion requires of you, if you come on NeoGAF and defend wifebeating as an acceptable practice you're getting kicked out.

EviLore, you are 100% correct in what you say. But please let me tell you that Islam does not defend wifebeating in anyway, and what castle007 was referring to when a Muslim husband is permitted to hit his wife (lightly, and NOT on the face which isnt allowed whatever the circumstance) is at SUCH an outrageous situation that it simply wouldnt happen. What would drive a GOOD man to hit his wife? Certainly nothing, right? And as far as I know, none of the Muslims I know who *follow* Islam has EVER had to resort to that, and dont plan to either. You must realize that this is a case considered at a terribly EXTREME rate that is NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE. And just to let you know, unlike the popular misconception that many believe, Islam puts the role of women at a higher level than men can EVER achieve - specially mothers and wives. Since we spoke about this "wife beating" matter in a manner that caused you to think the way you did in your post that im replying to - Im sorry if it caused any misunderstanding, im just here to let you know that Islam condemns the abuse of women in every way, and discourages the beating of a wife except on an extreme level that, if you actually saw just how extreme, youd realize that youd most likely have had to marry a sick psychopath for a wife in order for you to beat her "once" and NOT on the face. I hope I made the idea of how it is in Islam clearer to you.

Cheeto said:
Wow. I feel sorry for whomever you marry.

There's a big difference from using force to disapline a child, and using force to "disapline" an ADULT woman. The idea of disaplining an adult is belittling to begin with even without physical force.

Just read my reply to EviLore. "youd most likely have had to marry a sick psychopath for a wife in order for you to beat her "once" and NOT on the face" - at a situation like THAT, then Id feel sorry for him, not his wife. But what are the chances of us marrying someone like that who will also piss us off to such a point that it breaks our control down? Not very likely. At all. And besides, "disciplining" of adult woman doesnt start with hitting in Islam AT ALL. It is a LAST resort that barely ANYONE would ever reach - if anyone ever reached it at all from the true followers of the religion. Sure you have some dumb pieces of shits who supposedly are Muslim that abuse such a ruling and somehow pretend that hitting is permitted outright. But its not. Actually, youd fall asleep while reading just how MUCH you have to discipline your wife through kindness and tenderness in Islam. "Hitting women" is out of the question in a less-than-one-truly-messed-up marriage which I hope none of us in GAF go through - and would be even rare in such a case. So to sum up - Islam does not encourage the abuse of a spouse or a woman in ANY way.

TheHeretic said:
A womans testimony is worth half of a mans under Sharia law. It doesn't apply to men "just the same" at all, and I judge it because I do know it.

I dont mean to sound like a smartass - not my intention I came off as one - but can you show me proof of this since you know it?

TheHeretic said:
You are a fucking disgrace. You've single handedly set your religion back a thousands years for everyone and anyone who read that.

Please read my reply to Evilore.

moe_81 said:
The treatment of women has less to do with Islamic religion and more to do with Islamic culture. Real Talk.

Yes. A lot of the negative stuff people believe is about Islam is rooted in the culture of some Muslims which is WRONG and not Islamic religion itself.

jett said:
Hitting women?

Fuck your religion.

Jett, you're talking about another religion here. Islam is nothing about hitting women, and doesnt encourage it. If you get the time, read through the explanations, and not just the "hit women", cause otherwise you would be looking at a completely different and wrong picture of the religion.

Morph-0 said:
Its not surprising that you think the Quran is full of absurdities when you visit website such as those you have posted links to. These sites have deliberate and corrupt motives as is shown by the amount of bullshit posted on them, clearly they do not understand certain aspects of Islam but nor do they want to, some of the posts made on these sites look like they have been written by college drop outs. If you seek answers then please take your questions to an Imam who is educated and will be able to explain the real answers to the questions you still have then you will not be confused.

Punishments like stoning are meant to serve as a clear deterrent so as to reinforce the seriousness of the crime and our understand on this matter will be different if you are from the branch that does not see such crimes as serious. It is important to remember that if you don't commit the crime you have nothing to fear nor worry about.

As for women's rights Islam was in fact the first religion to give women proper rights please watch the following lecture it is long but you will learn much, it really kicks off at around 24 minutes in please see here

There is no radical or moderate Islam, their is Islam and not Islam. Radical is not Islam.

WOW. Your post is so damn awesome!! And thanks for the link - HOPEFULLY people who are not aware of it will give it a watch sometime!

TheHeretic said:
To summarise, the only people who can understand the Koran are those who have already bought into the religion and Islam was progressive 1300 years ago in regards to womens rights.

Welcome to the 21st Century, we've come a long way.

I would think this is a fitting answer:

m0dus said:
Well, I'd argue that after reading the rather caustic back-and-forth in this thread, maybe not as long a way as you think . . .

And TheHeretic, religion was not designed to be changed through time. So heck, 25th century even? No problem. Religion is not supposed to change through time - SURE, peoples thoughts do change, but the religion doesnt. Because Islam wasnt designed exclusively for when it was first introduced, it was designed as something to guide Muslims of all generations.

BTW Modus thanks for the article.

Nsider said:
Quote:
A SALAMOU ALEIKOUM
thank's for you message BRO , im muslim to , INCHAALAH we gona change the song , GOD BLESS US
Toumani Diabaté
Grammy Award

He sounds like a great guy.

Is he changing it??? And was it your message that he replied to??? If so holy shit, that was unexpected at all! Now im definitely starting to think he didnt know about the using of verses being wrong before :)

deepbrown

Fady K said:
Is he changing it??? And was it your message that he replied to??? If so holy shit, that was unexpected at all! Now im definitely starting to think he didnt know about the using of verses being wrong before :)

Yes where is that Diabate quote from? Is he changing the song just for LBP?

Fady K said:
I dont mean to sound like a smartass - not my intention I came off as one - but can you show me proof of this since you know it?

Its in the Koran somewhere, i'm not exactly a big reader. In financial matters a womans testimony is worth half of a mans, the treatment of rape also heavily favours the perpetrator (almost always men).

Fady K said:
And TheHeretic, religion was not designed to be changed through time. So heck, 25th century even? No problem. Religion is not supposed to change through time - SURE, peoples thoughts do change, but the religion doesnt. Because Islam wasnt designed exclusively for when it was first introduced, it was designed as something to guide Muslims of all generations.

And thats why the Koran mentions lashing, the sky being a giant dome around the Earth and the Earth being flat. Its a period piece, incompatible with modern knowledge and values.

I saw a piece on the 10 o'clock news last night (BBC). The Resistance fiasco came up there too. Still, lots of free advertising.

Oh, and wow at this thread, just wow.

Big_T

TheHeretic said:
Its in the Koran somewhere, i'm not exactly a big reader. In financial matters a womans testimony is worth half of a mans, the treatment of rape also heavily favours the perpetrator (almost always men).
And i found out that the reason for that in islam is because the women is not good in the financial stuff, and she always forget.

Fady K said:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar
From the Quarn:
If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her.) (Al-Baqarah 2:282)

And the women testimony in crimes does not count:
The exclusion of woman's testimony, altogether, from cases of major crimes, and cases requiring retaliation in kind, is meant to protect women and steer her away from scenes of crime and aggressions against souls, honor and property. It is frequent, for instance, to see a woman closing her eyes, or running away in panic from a scene of bloodshed; therefore, it becomes difficult for that woman to give a reliable account of the crime.

So i learned from the site that the women testimony in islam :
Financial : 2 women =1 man
Crimes : She cant .
feminine affairs: 1 woman= 1 man

RuGalz

Valkyr Junkie said:
Did they have to override the purchase?

Yea. They just thought for some reason the game isn't in the system yet so they manually override it. They had no idea about the recall.

RuGalz said:
Yea. They just thought for some reason the game isn't in the system yet so they manually override it. They had no idea about the recall.

My Wal-Mart store manager wanted to protect the company from any potential lawsuit :|

Jackass.

PuMa

RuGalz said:
Thanks to the thread. Dropped by Wal Mart and walked out with the game. *cheers*!

Lucky bastard. I called one near me and they said they had it in. When I went over there, they said they just found out it was recalled. :-(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is TERRIBLE news. Now I have to wait a whole extra month before everyone can guage LBP's performance in the NPD. :(

FightyF

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Right, so people actually trying to kill the man over a book was justified? Who gives a fuck if it was blasphemous, you don't threaten to physically harm someone for criticising your religion. Again, you don't have a single thread going for you in this argument. Your excuses always boil down to "but they offended us" and fail to see that religious officials calling for the death of a man over a BOOK makes Islam look like religion for the mentally unstable.

I never spoke about what is justified and what wasn't, read my posts a second or third time if you have comprehension issues. I pointed out the obvious, that you can't compare the situation between using the Quran in a song (which many religious Islamic songs DO), and a book that is considered blasphemous. The reaction will be completely different. To claim that they will be similar is laughably ridiculous.

And I've never said anything about "they offended us"...again I think you need to read my posts over and think about them if you have having troubles grasping what I'm saying here. I'm assuming that you have comprehension issues, rather than you simply attempting to put words in my mouth, as a service to you.

TheHeretic said:
It wasn't even that long ago riots broke out over a bloody cartoon strip.

To me it sounds like the more vocal muslims need to learn a lesson in humility. If we are all to coexist we put up with the things that offend us because we don't want the things we do that offend others to be banned as well.

The fact that you apply the actions of a handful of Muslims (I believe 12 or so were arrested for burning an embassy) to the entire population of 1.5 billion Muslims, speaks volumes of your ignorance.

ymmv said:
Muslims have a quite peculiar set of beliefs. According to the koran it's forbidden to draw Mohammed's likeness. It doesn't stop with Mohammed. There's a very strong sentiment against all forms of figurative art in the Islamic world which led to an incredible number of bath tile designs and hardly any paintings or statues. Another peculiarity is their dislike or even hatred of their pre-islamic past. That's why the Egyptians weren't interested at all in the world of the pharaohs, the pyramids, hieroglyphs, etc. Their past had to be rediscoverd by western scholars because Egyptians themselves had been taught for centuries to despise their own history. Even now there are Egyptians who (like the Taliban) would prefer it if those hateful millennia old monuments and statues were destroyed.

You think it's "peculiar" because you don't understand it? The logic is extremely clear. No graven images because they shouldn't be worshiped. Idols came about because people had images and statues of their parents, grandparents, and they thought that the way to talk to God was through them, and then over time those images became targets of worship. It's a very clear explanation as to why images of people or animals in Islam have been subdued, and only restricted to medical books written hundreds of years ago.

Secondly, you are wrong about the Taliban destroying statues, they were actually protecting those statues until an American NGO came in and spent millions to restore them, and angry Afghan villagers shot at them. True, the Taliban did little when they found out it was an American NGO, but you're completely wrong in claiming they wanted to tear down these historical monuments because they represented a certain history.

Lilsnubby said:
The solution is to avoid anything anything even remotely islamic as many of them are "deeply offended" by just about anything.

This is the sort of ignorant thinking that got Sony in trouble in this situation.

Miburou said:
You know what's funny? I had 5 different people listen to the song (all of whom can be described as sensitive Muslims) and none found it that offensive, and these are people who found the Mohammed cartoons very offensive.

Sony was just being a pussy (and the guy who complained was an asshole, which leaves the retailers who are holding out on the game as the pricks :D ).

That's because the cartoon's were designed specifically to offend Muslims, and this song in LBP was designed to celebrate Islamic beliefs.

Of course they weren't offended and of course Sony over-reacted. All Sony had to do was contact Muslim organizations and ask. Could have saved themselves a recall.

ilanna said:
Okay, how about we reverse the roles. What if a guy cheats on his wife, can she hit him??? It's only fair you know. He disobeyed his wife by commiting addultery! Women should have equal rights.

She can hit him with stones *rimshot*

EviLore said:
I don't care what religion you believe in or what your religion requires of you, if you come on NeoGAF and defend wifebeating as an acceptable practice you're getting kicked out.

I don't see how you could consider that wife-beating at all. Have you EVER been to a women's shelter? How can you compare a slap on the ass with your wrist (which is what it literally is) to the beating or hitting of women?

READ HIS POST AGAIN, HE WASN'T CONDONING THE HITTING OF WOMEN. You totally jumped the gun there. Maybe to you, someone who doesn't know what he's referring to (in regards to the slapping of the ass with your wrist) you may think that this means actually hitting your wife. That was what he was attempting to clarify in his post. You didn't read his post well enough to see that.

TheHeretic said:
And thats why the Koran mentions lashing, the sky being a giant dome around the Earth and the Earth being flat. Its a period piece, incompatible with modern knowledge and values.

It doesn't mention the sky being a dome around the earth and the earth being flat, it refers to the earth being an egg shape.

So yeah, you shouldn't be posting here at all until you educate yourself.

Seems like you are the one incompatible with modern knowledge, and by modern I'm speaking about a book written 1400 years ago.

Dizzan

MINI Member
I can't believe this conversation over the recall is still going.

Either way, the games in the wild, can we keep it on that??

FightyF said:
It doesn't mention the sky being a dome around the earth and the earth being flat, it refers to the earth being an egg shape.

The only reason you thinks thats true is because you fail at objective reading.

FightyF

Banned
TheHeretic said:
The only reason you thinks thats true is because you fail at objective reading.

No, I think that because it says that pretty clearly.

But hey, you seem to be a fan of ignoring the obvious so your reply doesn't surprise me.

sonycowboy said:
My Wal-Mart store manager wanted to protect the company from any potential lawsuit :|

Jackass.
My store never got it in unfortunately.

Still, I would think it'd be in the system if the release date was the 21st. Oh well. As soon as I see them get shipped in by UPS, I'm buying it.

Top Bottom