• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Remaster Coming 2017

LiK

Apparently the JPN dub for original games were awful too but ignorance is bliss and I wouldn't mind dual-audio either.

Apharmd

I'm over the edge. If this isn't real I will be devastated. I will need to lock myself in my room and I don't know, listen to Linkin Park?

Nyoro SF

The original Shenmue dub is so awful it's kind of legendary. I hope they were able to re-license all the VAs, I have to relive it in all of its glory.

Theonik

I think that would be necessary. The game suffer from the SEGA Dreamcast's era of first party dubbing. :")
This is untrue. It suffers from Yu Suzuki wanting the dub to be done in Japan under his direct supervision despite not having much grasp of the language. (among other things)

Apparently the JPN dub for original games were awful too but ignorance is bliss and I wouldn't mind dual-audio either.
Please.

Spaghetti

This thread has taken some twists and turns in the last few hours.

The return of stretch goal/funding discussions and a dev studio CEO playing with our hearts over Shenmue HD was not what I expected to see.

EDIT: And yes, ShenmueGuru is legit.

Spaghetti

Good stuff though ?
What do you think?

DSC_3373-1024x684.jpg

I'm hardly going to breach the trust of the development team and Suzuki-san himself, but there are those who can vouch for my credibility.

I wasn't trying to discredit you in any way!

Are you allowed to say if the December 2017 release date is definite?

EDIT: And yes, ShenmueGuru is legit.

I really wasn't trying to discredit him in any way; I'm just very excited about all this Shenmue info and would love to know more :)

JP

Can I recommend that anybody who is going to watch the Easy Allies stream of Sony's E3 conference, like me, buys a pair of these this year? I think it's going to get VERY loud again.

ear-safety-1-600x400.jpg

Spaghetti

I really wasn't trying to discredit him in any way; I'm just very excited about all this Shenmue info and would love to know more :)
I know, just chiming in with a link to why he's legit.

Not to speak for ShenmueGuru too much, but he's kind of bound by trust to keep the details of what he saw in Japan to himself (no NDAs!), so don't be too surprised if he doesn't say anything.

Some minor things have been talked about publicly or alluded to by ShenmueGuru and others who attended the Japan dinner, so I don't think I'll get in trouble for repeating them; but it really boils down to that far more work has been done than you would expect based on the Kickstarter updates. There's a deliberate strategy from YSnet to not show their hand before they're ready.

meerak

I played Shenmue for the first time last year and loved it; don't have the second game though... would be very down to replay the first one actually in a rerelease...

So yeah, I'm down.

schaft0620

I just want to say that I didn't say Blue Point was making Shenmue 1&2HD but that they are working on something and people assume it will be at E3.

I have no idea and people are sourcing me.

Top Bottom