• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

I didnt get the game yet but my brother is having the time of his life with the game. He created his own wrestler that always make me chuckle every time i see it.
aXPcBzul.jpg

He looks like someone you would see on the DVD cover of an early 2000's gross-out comedy.

atomsk

Party Pooper
should have known Road to Glory servers would shit the bed during the first time limited event. (on PS4 anyway)

2k gonna 2k

Gave in. Got the game.
Graphics are way better. Especially entrances. Nakamura's entrance is spectacular. They have nailed the hair finally.
Played 4-5 Singles matches. All were fun. AI has improved for singles matches at least.

There is one BS overwhelming ability. Undertaker just squashed AJ Styles in few seconds. 2 offensive moves, signature and then finisher. Hilarious but fun.
Let's see when the glitches come up.

I still haven't had a squash match

Me either.

I pretty much do Universe exclusively.

Going into my first WrestleMania and building the card.

Brought back Undertaker for a Mania feud with Samoa Joe
Brought Angle back to fued with Seth Rollins

AJ Style just won the Smackdown title and will probably have a multiperson match for the strap.

Sting won the Royal Rumble.. which was for Triple H's Universal title. So they will be facing each other again in the main event.

stn

I'm a bit torn on buying this year, need some help:

1. Is the submission system still that shitty wheel alignment thing?
2. Does editing original wrasslers still take up a CAW spot?
3. Are there new masks, face paints, etc...
4. Can you turn off degrading face paint?

Thanks.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm a bit torn on buying this year, need some help:

1. Is the submission system still that shitty wheel alignment thing?
2. Does editing original wrasslers still take up a CAW spot?
3. Are there new masks, face paints, etc...

Thanks.

i can only answer the 1st, you can change it to be the face buttons which is what I've done

El_Cinefilo

I really feel like this game was meant to have microtransactions but they changed their mind late on. Maybe when they realised how buggy the release version was going to be or because of loot box backlash. The economy is a ridiculously slow grind. Each character unlock takes 12 to 20 decent matches. A decent loot crate seems like it'll take double that if my career gives them out the same way. How many matches would it take to unlock all the wrestlers, arenas and belts without buying the accelerator pack? Probably 1000's.

There is one BS overwhelming ability. Undertaker just squashed AJ Styles in few seconds. 2 offensive moves, signature and then finisher. Hilarious but fun.
Let's see when the glitches come up.

Reminds me of the early SD games where a running clothesline followed by a frogsplash off the turnbuckle was enough to get the 3 count!

I really feel like this game was meant to have microtransactions but they changed their mind late on. Maybe when they realised how buggy the release version was going to be or because of loot box backlash. The economy is a ridiculously slow grind. Each character unlock takes 12 to 20 decent matches. A decent loot crate seems like it'll take double that if my career gives them out the same way. How many matches would it take to unlock all the wrestlers, arenas and belts without buying the accelerator pack? Probably 1000's.

This pisses me off the most about the game. Is gonna take me until 2K18 till I finally unlock everyone I want. 2K17 took ages to unlock characters and this even takes longer. Too much of a grind to keep me motivated. SFV is tame in comparison as I can unlock a character pretty quickly. Its gonna take a month for me to unlock all the Stings.

RkOwnage

Has anyone messed around with my career ? I want to do it just for the trophies as well as RTG. But I'm not looking forward to either...anyone had any luck?

El_Cinefilo

This pisses me off the most about the game. Is gonna take me until 2K18 till I finally unlock everyone I want. 2K17 took ages to unlock characters and this even takes longer. Too much of a grind to keep me motivated. SFV is tame in comparison as I can unlock a character pretty quickly. Its gonna take a month for me to unlock all the Stings.

I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up more. I skipped the last few years before this one. I caved and bought the accelerator pack but they won't get me with that again. I'll be looking into that before buying in future. As someone who grew up watching Monday night wars era WWE and WCW most of the characters I want to play as need to be unlocked.

GravyButt

So I downloaded the shield and the bar on xbox one community creations. Is there a way to have them as character attires instead of separate characters? Also if so can you make it the default one?

I was also curious if you could edit a players overall at all? I remember reading something on here saying if you edited something on certain characters the crowd wont sing their entrance or character wont talk or something, whats that all about?

Will all of this carry over to universe mode( haven’t started it yet?)

Sorry if these are questions that are easily answered, I played 2k17 very little and never edited or did anything like community creations.

NineOverSeven

Neo Member
So I downloaded the shield and the bar on xbox one community creations. Is there a way to have them as character attires instead of separate characters? Also if so can you make it the default one?

I was also curious if you could edit a players overall at all? I remember reading something on here saying if you edited something on certain characters the crowd wont sing their entrance or character wont talk or something, whats that all about?

Will all of this carry over to universe mode( haven’t started it yet?)

Sorry if these are questions that are easily answered, I played 2k17 very little and never edited or did anything like community creations.

-If you go to edit them, in the personal info section there should be an option to use as a alternate attire. Just set it to yes then save. After that, MY WWE, select a wrestler and it should be quite far down on the list as attire I think. That'll make it default.

-Also done through My WWE. Select a character and its under attributes. Think you need the accelerator dlc to do it though. Dunno about the second bit though.

-Universe let's you use them but I think you need to set them up specifically for that mode.

Kumorin

Coming off of a side quest in My Career where I was supposed to beat up Kofi in a backstage brawl and despite winning the match, then winning it again and then losing and then winning and not being allowed to move the f@!$ on until I lost again, I’m a little disappointed at how derpy things are.

I legit can’t win the three man tag in MyCareer. If I tag out, there’s no guarantee the Usos will tag me back in. I hold out my hand for what feels like hours but they just keep tagging each other and then they either score the pin or lose. The success conditions are frustrating to say the least.

Kumorin

Has anyone messed around with my career ? I want to do it just for the trophies as well as RTG. But I'm not looking forward to either...anyone had any luck?

Just be prepared to

a) stroll down a lot of halls.
b) change your T-shirt every week
c) cut a lot of promos
d) develop a dangerous habit for illicit drugs while waiting for shit to load

VulcanRaven

Is this a good game? I have WWE 2K16 and I wonder if the series have improved since it. The graphics are better at least.

Top Bottom