• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many hours of gaming do you put in per week?

Around 14 to 21, sometimes much lesser like 2 hours per week. Mobile can't count since I just set it to auto mode most if the time (fire Emblem Heroes) .

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
About 5-10 hours a week and if I'm really into a game like Dark Souls or Bloodborne then about 12-15.

Fbh

I normally play like 1-2 hours during week days. On weekends it depends. Could be 0 if I have something planned or 3-4 hours/day if I don't.

I'd say normally it comes to something like 10-15 hours a week.

But there are a few games every year that I get really invested in (most recently Breath of the Wild) so when I'm playing those it can easily come to 20 or more hours a week.

If im playing a good RPG or something like that, sometimes as much as 20 hours a week.

I took a week off when FFXV came out, started it tuesday night, by sunday night i had 55 hours, it was glorious.

It varies for me, I've had entire weeks where I haven't even touched a game if I'm too busy elsewhere in my life, though these past couple of months it's about 14 and 18 hours, give or take. If there's something really big for me coming out (this year having 3 back-to-back with BOTW, Automata and P5) I could spend easily an entire days worth of spare time gaming.

Andrew J.

It really varies. My work schedule, what's on TV, whether I go out to see a movie or decide to binge an on--demand show, if I dedicate myself to marathoning a game until it's done...it can range from a couple hours to dozens.

prag16

Banned
0-20

20 if there's a new game I'm super SUPER hot on (rare).

Around 5 is more typical. Just not enough hours in the day. 90% of my gaming time comes directly at the expense of sleep.

At least 20 hours on weekdays is a lock, it's my schedule. On weekends, it all depends on whether I hang out with my wife, visit our parents, or just stay at home. It could be just 5 hours on weekends when I'm not at home, but at most I could spend the whole days playing games.

Usually 5-6 hours a week, feels a lot to me. When I pick up a new game, I can easily put in 5-6 hours over a few days, before going back to a normal routine, but that feels excessive when I do it. I can't believe when I go into a new game thread and people have played 15 hours/finished the game like a day after release.

anddo0

I work 45 hours per week. I can get as much as 16 hours on my two days off, and as little as 2 hours on my work days.

Jolkien

30-50 hours. It helps that I work long shift but only 3 or 4 times per week (alternating). So my short weekend are at minimum three days.

Maybe 5? Depends on if we have hard deadlines at work and if their are games I want to play. Mario and AC will take that to 10 or so.

Nowhere near as many as I would like. Even less when I eventually throw further study into the job/relationship mix.

I just want to play Yakuza Kiwami in peace 😭

odhiex

5-10 hours range for me. If I am super busy, maybe less.

Edit: but in some rare occasions I got plenty more time than normal, so maybe 15-20 hours per week.

Shredderi

Depends if there are games I want to play or not. Some weeks it can be 0 if there's nothing I feel like playing and other weeks it could be 50+.

Pretty much this. It's not unusual for me to go weeks at a time not playing at all, only to to end up playing 8h a day for a while. My biggest passion is doing music stuff so a lot of the time that takes priority for me, but then after finishing something I might go like two weeks in a row of not even wanting to think about doing music and then I play a lot of games. Most of the time I do a bit of both by doing music and playing something quick and easy like overwatch. I usually reserve more traditional gaming sessions for weekends. For example, I haven't played The Evil Within 2 at all this past week, but now it's weekend and I'm ready to jump back in.

1 to 4 hrs pwe week. There was a sad time in my life when it was 12+ hrs a day though. I just have way too big of a to do list to get much gaming anymore. Also, I've played so many games in my life, it's hard to get excited by new games.

Between 2-10 hours at the moment. I am a teacher and many evenings I am too busy planning lessons to play games, other evenings I am too tired and would rather watch TV. I would say 2 minimum as I normally will squeeze in a a bit of game time every weekend. I play a lot on holidays though, and it is the start of a 1 week holiday today.

SuomiDude

About 20-30 hours a week. Most of it is Pokemon Go (which I play basically whenever I go for a walk or such), the rest is Super Mario Maker. Of course when a new game comes out, I'll play it a lot, but at the moment, that is my gaming time.

redcrayon

I spend around 12 hours a week commmuting, so around that, although it also gets spilt with my reading. On average it's probably around 8 hours a week, mainly on portable RPGs.

Servbot24

Banned
On average about half an hour. If I buy a new game I'm excited about it could get up to 2 or even 3 hours in some weeks.

Probably around 5-10 hours depending on how sluggish I feel after work. I just don't have the time or energy for it like I used to. Even when I have free time I still barely game. I honestly spend most of my time listening to music while surfing the web.

shaneo632

All over the place. I am just as into movies as I am games so I tend to go through cycles where I'll watch a shitton of films and play no games, then the opposite.

On average probably 8-10 hours a week, but this easily goes up to 15-20 when a big new game comes out.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Averages to 1 hour a week.

I usually only play one day on the weekend for a little bit.

Not gonna lie, if games were better, I'd play more.

Chinbo37

On a pure average about 1 to 2 hours a week.

Lately I've been too busy to game but when Zelda was out for example, I was playing like 2 hours a day.

Top Bottom