• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are times where your father did stuff that you knew he didn't want to do

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
and could tell that he hated it, but did it anyway to make you happy :)

d8g5o2pu0p201.jpg

BANGS

Banned
It's a man's, and more importantly a father's, duty to do shit he doesn't wanna do for his family for the rest of his life. Red Foreman taught me this when I was still a teenager, and I'm glad he did...

appaws

Banned
Cute.

I remember my dad taking me to the WWF. Hulkster vs. Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase at the Rosemont Horizon. We won tickets in a radio contest. He hated pro wrestling so much, but he took me anyway and bought me a shirt.

My dad is a good dude.

NYCrooner

Don't know my dad but as a new dad, I'm always pushing myself to do stuff with my daughter that I'm not necessarily in the mood to do. But when I see how happy it makes her I feel so good. Nothing in this world I won't do for her. I've watched Moana over 1,000 times. I wake up singing the soundtrack.

bosseye

My dad? Nothing because he's a complete flake and a useless father who wasn't around from the age of 9 onwards.

Me though, I do stuff with my kids all the time I don't want to do initially, but then like the comic, it grows on you because they're having fun. I don't really want to be dragged from my bed at 7am on a Sunday to play dress up shops with my 5 year old daughter, but she won't be five forever and then I'll miss this time.

Simply playing games my son likes with him...stuff like Fortnite or Minecraft.

Can't say I'm having a bad time but I'd rather play Xenoblade 2 all day long.

My dad used To do the same for me.

Heath V

It's a man's, and more importantly a father's, duty to do shit he doesn't wanna do for his family for the rest of his life. Red Foreman taught me this when I was still a teenager, and I'm glad he did...

Isn't that the truth, I've made countless sacrifices and I know that it's the right thing to do.

MastAndo

Gold Member
I would say when he knocked up my mom and I popped out 9 months later. Sorry pops, but still, much appreciated!

...in all seriousness, probably the 70-hour work weeks he pulled year after year, so he could move us out of our shitty apartment in a shitty neighborhood into a nice big house in a more pleasant area.

My dad had a really hard time with my transition, all the while supporting me 100%.

He was great when I first came out, said he always knew and he was happy i was able to be myself but when i began my transition he asked me a few times if i wouldnt be happier as a gay man.

But he never told me not to do it, i think if i didnt have a brother it might have been even harder for him but he never complained. My mum told me recently actually, that he took it very hard but every time he vented to her he told her that he still loves me

My dad is my hero

tkscz

Sat there and watched me play Megaman x2 all damn day. I know he didn't want to, but he did.

hunnies28

I'm not a father yet, but I know that the day I become one I will be following much of his advice.

cryptic

Worked two jobs and never saw me. Had me in his mid-thirties.
Left me alone with a mentally ill mother.
The working class jobs made him too tired to play with me at that age, also, lots of my family died when I was young as I was born at such an age.
We did lots but I had adhd(possibly more likely from being born in parents mid thirties), so I was always too much for them.
I got punished a lot for having too much energy, and I think that bothered him.
The neighborhood I lived in had no kids so that also was an unforseen consequence of rushing to escape the hood for me.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Don't know my dad but as a new dad, I'm always pushing myself to do stuff with my daughter that I'm not necessarily in the mood to do. But when I see how happy it makes her I feel so good. Nothing in this world I won't do for her. I've watched Moana over 1,000 times. I wake up singing the soundtrack.

About 500 times so far for Moana for me.
Yeah when I see my kid’s faces happy I’m happy and Moana is pretty good as a film anyway

Ubername

Banned
I remember I used to walk around nude when I was say younger than 10 and one time I just took a shit on his bedroom floor right next to his bed no joke. So he had to clean it up, wasn't mad at all lol.

The amount of times I dragged him out of the house to drive me places, often hours away. He never said no, and never complained. He was an unpaid taxi driver for me for years.

The day I passed my driving test I think he was happier than I was!

I remember my dad took me to a Weird Al concert as a kid. It was weird because it seemed very out of the blue but it was my first concert ever and Weird Al is a hell of a performer.

Top Bottom