• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recently in Hip-Hop: Eminem and Cash me Ousside

Don't fret, it's not a collab

Eminem - Untouchable (lyrics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0u32FNNV6Y

Em's album is shaping up to be good, finally. The message and lyrics are great, but it took me a minute to get used to his production and style here. When the beat gets good in pt.2 the flow gets everywhere, but at least the last bars are fantastic.

Bhad Bhabie - "I Got It" (Danielle Bregoli)
https://youtu.be/WlZu4RmD_oU

Danielle Bregoli's is generic trash, but she's actually getting better at rapping.

highrider

Banned
I actually thought the em song was terrible, almost offensively bad. From the rock chorus, the beat to the actual verse, it was a stunningly adept study in how to make something sonically displeasing. Lyrically it’s fine, em at his worst is still solid in that usually.

The cash me outside girl seems heavily in the current rap playbook, kind of taking the boss bitch Cardi angle, but what else is she going to do, it’s the cash me outside girl. It’s not that bad considering those things, it did sound like a professional recording at least, I don’t know what was going on with the sound on em’s music.

Your title makes it look like they did a collab.

The Eminem song is actually quite good, i like the concept and i like how he put it together. The song is seemingly told from the perspective of a white police officer for the first verse and a half with a heavy rock beat backing it, for the last verse and a bit he raps from the perspective of a black man dealing with the police and the beat then changes to a more traditional hip hop beat. Untouchable could be a reference to the movie The Untouchables in which a FBI task force was setup to catch Al Capone as sometimes police offices are referred to as untouchable it or the fact that police are never held accountable for their actions or even referencing the title of the lower class in India which are called Untouchables or Dalit. The intro and hook show that he is directly talking about police and the dynamic between them and black American's.....

Intro-
"Hands up, officer don't shoot, Then pull your pants up, promise you won't loot, We may never understand each other, it's no use, We ain't ever gonna grasp what each other goes through"
Hook (Eminem part) -
"White boy, white boy, you're a rockstar.....White boy, white boy, in your cop car.....White boy, white boy, you're untouchable"

Also the last part of his final verse is savage, i love it. So true....

"Home of the brave is still racist 'ville, So this whole nation feels like a plantation field
In a country that claims that its foundation was based on United States ideals,
That had its Natives killed, Got you singin' this star-spangled spiel
To a piece of cloth that represents the "Land of the Free" that made people slaves to build"

Sorry for the long ass post but i love this, been waiting for Eminem to drop some social commentary/realness for years now. Glad to see both tracks so far released are heading in that direction, just hope most of the album follows suit. Still want to see Slim Shady show up for at least a track or two though.

Social

The song is REALLY hard to listen to. The second part is OK, but it's just a really bad song altogether.

This is what constitutes rapping nowadays? Kill me.

Lol, we're all hanging by on a thread here.

I haven't watched a lot of em interviews, but it's like he wants to make something listenable out of something not listenable, but it actually turns out that you can't do that. Just going back to his style takes patience, hope and forgiveness (on my part).

TedNindo

Somehow the only verses by Em I really liked in the last 10 years were always as a feature. And then he kills it. But I cant get through his albums anymore. His flows seem to be all over the place on his own releases.

I actually thought the em song was terrible, almost offensively bad. From the rock chorus, the beat to the actual verse, it was a stunningly adept study in how to make something sonically displeasing. Lyrically it’s fine, em at his worst is still solid in that usually.

The cash me outside girl seems heavily in the current rap playbook, kind of taking the boss bitch Cardi angle, but what else is she going to do, it’s the cash me outside girl. It’s not that bad considering those things, it did sound like a professional recording at least, I don’t know what was going on with the sound on em’s music.

Your title makes it look like they did a collab.

The song is good, I like the rock chorus and the 2nd beat.

DiscoJer

A couple weeks ago I saw a 20-something dude with a "Cash me outside" tattoo.

If not for this place, I would simply be baffled by that phrase. Now I just find it sad.

Crazyorloco

that last verse was so good. Great flow. I didn't like the chorus so much, I feel like Eminem songs always have poor choruses.

Top Bottom