• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Amalur:

"If I knew I'd be looking for a man who was brought back from the dead..."

Game. I am not a man. Why do you not want to understand this.

"Gender based variables are hard~ lets just call them man no matter what gender they pick!"

Just got back from voting...I feel ...less than enthused actually...really didn't care for it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You're finally playing Amalur?! D:

I am! I've put about... 30 hours into it. I think I'm half way through the main story? Mostly I've been doing the faction quests, which have been a lot of fun. Although the way they've been going, soon I'll be leader of everything in the country.

This happened to me a lot, too

The game isn't so good with replacing gender variances in dialogue.

They could at least do that. :x I guess that would take "work" though. D:

I am! I've put about... 30 hours into it. I think I'm half way through the main story? Mostly I've been doing the faction quests, which have been a lot of fun. Although the way they've been going, soon I'll be leader of everything in the country.

Maybe i should have voted for you then :eek:.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know why they don't just scheme the sentences to use generics like, "If I'd have known I was looking for someone brought back from the dead..."

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I don't know why they don't just scheme the sentences to use generics like, "If I'd have known I was looking for someone brought back from the dead..."

Nooo, that would make sense. As we've already discussed, that would be boring.

My boyfriend was watching some 3D tutorial where the guy was modeling a woman. She had torpedo boobs and the final image of her was her naked in an extreme boob and butt shot. He said, "...and also today I'll be showing you some things about female anatomy." I was like... no, no please don't share your "knowledge"! D:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Beef, you can choose whatever position you want! D:

Well, except for Secretary of Awesome Games because of FFVI Hatin'.

I went to my parents' place today because their TV was broken, so I got a new TV and was installing it for them as a surprise.

But my dad came back early and had me fix a bunch of other stuff, too. D:

Huh. Pretty sure mine (360) said 'woman'.

Were you female?

EDIT: Not sure why but I've only recently got into Bomb The Music Industry!

They're fucking awesome.

Also completely weird (in a fun way) at times

But that first song might just be my new favourite song. I really love that sort of really fast singing he does in it.

I know it's a long shot, but anyone have any good recommendations for stuff like that with singing like that? Other examples of what I mean: Chorus here and here

Emitan

Does that involve lifting heavy objects for the fun of it? Just because... Because you're a man.

First task: Lift heavy tree trunk and throw it over a cliff.

"Raaaaaaaaah! behold my manliness!"

When we used to play Lost Planet we called the Vital Suit Shotgun the Manly Shotgun because just firing it would cause you to fly backwards. Lost Planet is a game for MEN.

leadbelly

Banned
When we used to play Lost Planet we called the Vital Suit Shotgun the Manly Shotgun because just firing it would cause you to fly backwards. Lost Planet is a game for MEN.

pfffft! real men would absorb the recoil as if it was nothing... nothing!

Ask my man Dave. He'll tell you.

leadbelly

Banned
What is a man? A miserable pile of one liners.

Do not be afraid of the one liners my friend. Do not fight the urge, let it become a part of your soul. Become one with the one liners. Absorb it into your very being. Once you're at peace with the one liner, it is then you will understand the true nature of the man.

Do not be afraid of the one liners my friend. Do not fight the urge, let it become a part of your soul. Become one with the one liners. Absorb it into your very being. Once you're at peace with the one liner, it is then you will understand the true nature of the man.

Or at the very least, you'll be damn good at breaking ice with the ladies.

I've been attempting to keep myself off the internet in lieu of that "force a GAFer to do something" thread but it's really damn difficult to do so when you work as a software engineer. I probably shouldn't be making excuses, but here we are. Sigh, what a dilemma.

At least I got some decent weight training in today, so the day wasn't totally wasted.

Or at the very least, you'll be damn good at breaking ice with the ladies.

I've been attempting to keep myself off the internet in lieu of that "force a GAFer to do something" thread but it's really damn difficult to do so when you work as a software engineer. I probably shouldn't be making excuses, but here we are. Sigh, what a dilemma.

At least I got some decent weight training in today, so the day wasn't totally wasted.

That's the worst thing about computer based work. Easy as shit to procrastinate.

So I've picked up Party Down again from where I stopped watching it. Such a shame it got cancelled, soo good.

Though it is making me want to do comedy acting again.

SRG01

Why am I up at 2am? I have tons of work tomorrow, but can't bring myself to sleep...

edit: Also, what have I missed in this thread over the past couple of months? I've been IRCing mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom