• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Yorker: Trump, joking about Pence on gays: “he wants to hang them all!“

WedgeX

Banned
From the New Yorkers’ The Danger of President Pence

The New Yorker said:
Trump and Pence are misaligned politically, too. Trump campaigned as an unorthodox outsider, but Pence is a doctrinaire ideologue. Kellyanne Conway, the White House counsellor, who became a pollster for Pence in 2009, describes him as “a full-spectrum conservative” on social, moral, economic, and defense issues. Pence leans so far to the right that he has occasionally echoed A.C.L.U. arguments against government overreach; he has, for instance, supported a federal shield law that would protect journalists from having to identify whistle-blowers. According to Bannon, Pence is “the outreach guy, the connective tissue” between the Trump Administration and the most conservative wing of the Republican establishment. “Trump’s got the populist nationalists,” Bannon said. “But Pence is the base. Without Pence, you don’t win.”

“Trump thinks Pence is great,” Bannon told me. But, according to a longtime associate, Trump also likes to “let Pence know who’s boss.” A staff member from Trump’s campaign recalls him mocking Pence’s religiosity. He said that, when people met with Trump after stopping by Pence’s office, Trump would ask them, “Did Mike make you pray?” Two sources also recalled Trump needling Pence about his views on abortion and homosexuality. During a meeting with a legal scholar, Trump belittled Pence’s determination to overturn Roe v. Wade. The legal scholar had said that, if the Supreme Court did so, many states would likely legalize abortion on their own. “You see?” Trump asked Pence. “You’ve wasted all this time and energy on it, and it’s not going to end abortion anyway.” When the conversation turned to gay rights, Trump motioned toward Pence and joked, “Don’t ask that guy—he wants to hang them all!”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

These are the things the current President jokes about his own Vice President.

jelly

I know who Trump would like to hang and that quote makes me think Pence actually said that in conversation, Scum.

That's probably not a joke actually. Pence just can't think of a way to make it legal yet. He's a scumbag.

Sorta creepy when in that exchange Trump seems like the more reasonable person.

OnPoint

5818b1d9150000d80453109b.jpeg

what an embarrassment

Fascists joking about mass murder, what a way to start the week.

And this would happen over my dead body, fuck everyone who has enough hate in their heart to entertain such monstrous views of people that aren't exactly like them.

Somnid

I've very sorry to all those homosexual Americans. If Trump ever does get impeached it's out of the frying pan and into the fire.

What's amazing and will likely only get more so as time goes on is how the amoral moron Donald Trump chose one of the most diametrically opposed ideologues possible with Mike Pence. They have nothing in common, no commonly held beliefs or anything. Entirely different people, other than both being complete dumbass pricks.

RPGCrazied

Then goes to speak at Values Voter Summit which is an identified hate group.

God damn this man has no shame. Awful, disgusting.

Trump was on point for once. Only thing he is good at appears to be pointing out others shortcomings. Just what we need in a president.

Shauni

I've very sorry to all those homosexual Americans. If Trump ever does get impeached it's out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Nah, not really. The issues the GOP have now wouldn't magically go away with Pence at the wheel, despite all the talk of him being the 'connective tissue' of things. He'd be a lame duck President even than Trump is becoming. I mean, remember, they saddled Trump with Pence only partially to appeal to the 'moderate' and establishment Republicans, they also did it because his career was basically dead and they didn't want to risk torpedoing someone with a viable career if Trump tanked like many were expecting.

Snaku

Banned
So what would be more humane: gas chambers or hanging? I mean cause either way these fascists are gonna kill ya.

chadskin

Just more evidence this administration is living in the last century. They'd obviously get executed by lethal injection, not hanged!

Future

Did any homosexuals actually endorse / publicly vote for trump? We already know that tons of women could look the other way on the locker room talk. You’d think he would have gotten 0% support of the gay community, women, minorities.... but if that was really the case I doubt he’d be president

Probably Trump's way of deflecting making it look like impeaching him would just lead to Pence as president and he'd be worse.

RPGCrazied

And another thing, what kind of President jokes about someone hanging gay people? THIS IS NOT NORMAL! ABORT! IMPEACH!

As a gay man myself this infuriates me.

Koomaster

If Trump was capable of self-reflection he'd realize saying this about his VP (the guy he hand picked) even in a joking manner doesn't look good on him either.

Top Bottom