• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag meganews

Innotech

Banned
duckroll said:

- remake
- 16:9 mode
- Nightopia Dream Pack comes with the original 48 page Nights artbook
well fuck. I might have to buy this AND the goddamn original now. But thats ok. I dont think I can own too many copies of niGHTS.

Eteric Rice

jj984jj said:
That'd make no sense.

:lol QFT and it's not even the same game.

Yeah, but having the original on one console and the sequel on another is even weirder. >_>

Unless the original comes to the Wii as well, but I see no mention of it.

I don't mind, I own a PS2. Just seems weird. :D

Innotech

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Yeah, but having the original on one console and the sequel on another is even weirder. >_>

Unless the original comes to the Wii as well, but I see no mention of it.

I don't mind, I own a PS2. Just seems weird. :D
thats what Ive been saying. It makers zero sense to put one on Ps2 and then the sequel on Wii. Maybe if it was on Ps2 a long time ago, but thats not the case. Unless this is more of that Sega logic.

Lobster

Banned
Wow..the style theyre using for NiGHTs into dreams is well..

They should have used a downgraded NiGHTs Wii engine.

This is my opinion though..

Fans might actually like the old style with upgraded graphics.

Lobster said:
PS2 Sengoku Basara 2 8777
Wii Sengoku Basara 2 8878

Any reason why the Wii version is better?

Bumped to next page.

ethelred

Thought. What if Sega were to do a high quality PS2 remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga along the same lines as what they're doing here with NiGHTS into Dreams? Mmm.

Innotech said:
thats what Ive been saying. It makers zero sense to put one on Ps2 and then the sequel on Wii. Maybe if it was on Ps2 a long time ago, but thats not the case. Unless this is more of that Sega logic.

It makes perfect sense. The timing of the announcement is odd from a business standpoint, but the platform choice is solid.

Eteric Rice said:
And the sequel on the Wii? :D

No.

Eteric Rice

ethelred said:
Thought. What if Sega were to do a high quality PS2 remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga along the same lines as what they're doing here with NiGHTS into Dreams? Mmm.

Lobster

Banned
ethelred said:
It makes perfect sense. The timing of the announcement is odd from a business standpoint, but the platform choice is solid.

Yup. If the Wii game bombs, this being a port (remake) it would be easier to recoop losses from the Ps2. Unless the Ps2 game bombs too. Then SEGA are just screwed.

Eteric Rice

Lobster said:
Yup. If the Wii game bombs, this being a port (remake) it would be easier to recoop losses from the Ps2. Unless the Ps2 game bombs too. Then SEGA are just screwed.

Yeah, but why not just port it to the Wii as well? Twice the chance of making some money.

*shrugs*

ethelred

Christ, man, what's your damage? "Oh, it doesn't matter to me because I have a PS2 but WHY ISN'T THIS GAME ON WII WHY CAN'T ALL GAMES BE ON WII WHY WHY WHY?!"

1187165720330.gif

Eteric Rice said:
Durante get the FUCK OUT.

Every a god damned Wii game that looks interesting is announced, it's thread turns into a "it should have been on this" bitch fest.

STOP THIS STUPID SHIT PLEASE.

:|

This is you.

Lobster

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Yeah, but why not just port it to the Wii as well? Twice the chance of making some money.

*shrugs*

Why do you want more ports on Wii? WHY?

I want the sequel dammit! Paint your Ps2 White dammit!

Leave them ports off my Wii.

Eteric Rice

ethelred said:
Christ, man, what's your damage? "Oh, it doesn't matter to me because I have a PS2 but WHY ISN'T THIS GAME ON WII WHY CAN'T ALL GAMES BE ON WII WHY WHY WHY?!"

1187165720330.gif

Holy shit, why do you keep jumping on me? I don't mind, I'm just trying to find the logic behind it.

Jeeze dude, chill out.

Tristam

Eteric Rice said:

Worf_is_Frustrated.gif

Anyways, a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga is hoping a little too hard. Although it would be nice for those of us who did own a Saturn but never got PDS for obvious reasons.

Eteric Rice said:
Holy shit, why do you keep jumping on me? I don't mind, I'm just trying to find the logic behind it.

Jeeze dude, chill out.

You're trying to find the LOGIC behind there not being a SEQUEL TO PANZER DRAGOON SAGA ON THE WII??!

Tailzo

Jonnyram said:
Etrian Odyssey 2 Feb 21

Cool. I never got EO1, but I'll try to get the sequel before it's sold out. Btw. the prequel was released :

JP January 18, 2007
NA May 15, 2007

Does this mean we can expect the sequel to come around June / July in NA?

Eteric Rice

Tristam said:
Worf_is_Frustrated.gif

Anyways, a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga is hoping a little too hard. Although it would be nice for those of us who did own a Saturn but never got PDS for obvious reasons.

You're trying to find the LOGIC behind there not being a SEQUEL TO PANZER DRAGOON SAGA ON THE WII??!

No, NiGHTs. I was joking about the Panzer Dragoon thing. :p

This is you.

This is you.

1195396036037.gif

Innotech

Banned
ethelred said:

1187165720330.gif

This is you.
Why cant niGHTS be on Wii? Why do we ask that? Well maybe because the sequels on there. It kind of, you know, makes sense to put the original out there for people wjho havent played it so they might be interested in the sequel. Or do you think thats just a foolish idea?
Yeah theres alot of ports on the Wii, but isnt this one of those rare games everyone WANTS ported to as many systems as possible? I mean shit, Im still saving us som I can buy a old Saturn JUST so I can play this game the way it was originally intended. And Ill probably buy the Ps2 version, but my point is that it would have been a good business decision to put it out alongside the sequel.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tailzo said:
Cool. I never got EO1, but I'll try to get the sequel before it's sold out. Btw. the prequel was released :

JP January 18, 2007
NA May 15, 2007

Does this mean we can expect the sequel to come around June / July in NA?

Depends on how much Atlus loves us

grandjedi6

Innotech said:
Why cant niGHTS be on Wii? Why do we ask that? Well maybe because the sequels on there. It kind of, you know, makes sense to put the original out there for people wjho havent played it so they might be interested in the sequel. Or do you think thats just a foolish idea?
Yeah theres alot of ports on the Wii, but isnt this one of those rare games everyone WANTS ported to as many systems as possible? I mean shit, Im still saving us som I can buy a old Saturn JUST so I can play this game the way it was originally intended. And Ill probably buy the Ps2 version, but my point is that it would have been a good business decision to put it out alongside the sequel.

Why isn't it on the Xbox? the Dreamcast? the DS? the PSP? the 360? the PS3? You could ask all those questions and more

Innotech

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Why isn't it on the Xbox? the Dreamcast? the DS? the PSP? the 360? the PS3? You could ask all those questions and more
You dont understand what Im saying. THE SEQUEL is on the Wii. So why shouldnt the original be?

Eteric Rice

grandjedi6 said:

I think he means that since the sequel is on the Wii, it would make sense that the original was there was well.

Which would have made sense.

Innotech

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I think he means that since the sequel is on the Wii, it would make sense that the original was there was well.

Which would have made sense.
exactly. I mean I could understand if NJOD didnt exist and then it would be grasping at straws to want NID on the Wii, but I have a very legitimate point here. If the sequels going to be there, why not put out the original, like how nintendo has put out SMB3 so people could understand GalaxY? Its called marketing. And they could make money off sales of the original in a whole new package. Win/win.

Lobster

Banned
Innotech said:
exactly. I mean I could understand if NJOD didnt exist and then it would be grasping at straws to want NID on the Wii, but I have a very legitimate point here. If the sequels going to be there, why not put out the original, like how nintendo has put out SMB3 so people could understand GalaxY? Its called marketing. And they could make money off sales of the original in a whole new package. Win/win.

10+ mil consoles vs 100+ mil consoles.

grandjedi6

Innotech said:
You dont understand what Im saying. THE SEQUEL is on the Wii. So why shouldnt the original be?

Sega wants to release a remake of the original Nights yet doesn't want it to compete with the sequel. So they release it on the most popular console of last gen that is still alive and all the Wii owners probably already have. It makes perfect sense

Eteric Rice

Lobster said:
Eteric and Innotech aren't viewing this from a sales-age point of view.

But from a SA point of view, wouldn't it makes sense to have the original on both?

Same with the sequel.

grandjedi6 said:
Sega wants to release a remake of the original Nights yet doesn't want it to compete with the sequel. So they release it on the most popular console of last gen that is still alive and all the Wii owners probably already have. It makes perfect sense

Not perfect sense, but good enough for me I guess.

Innotech

Banned
Lobster said:
Eteric and Innotech aren't viewing this from a sales-age point of view.
Ps2 owners snubbed Okami. you dont think they would leave niGHTS to die too?
Its an even more niche type of game. Its not nearly as marketable today.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
grandjedi6 said:
The timing of the announcement is almost as bad as the announcement of the RE4 Ps2 port, from a business standpoint.

ivysaur12

Banned
NiGHTS Remake on the PS2!

Fragile being co-developed by tri-Crescendo and the Venus & Braves team!

Now all tri-Crescendo needs to do is collaborate one more time with Monolith and make the sequel to the most underrated RPG last gen.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ivysaur12 said:

Now all tri-Crescendo needs to do is collaborate one more time with Monolith and make the sequel to the most underrated RPG last gen.
QFT.

Make it happen, TC and Nintendo.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Lobster said:
Yeah no, that I can understand. Announcing a Ps2 port before the GC version released most likely affected the GC games sales.
Uh huh, it's probable, and? What does that have to do with a NiGHTS into Dreams remake for PS2?

ethelred

ivysaur12 said:

At the moment tri-Crescendo is collaborating with a much better team who was responsible for a much better, and much more underrated, RPG.

Tiktaalik

Wow at Assassin's Creed scores. Despite those high scores it'll probably still sell like crap. I'd wonder how Japanese gamers could ignore such a high scoring game, but NA gamers do it all the time too with JRPGs like Persona 3.

Maybe we'll be surprised and it'll be a psudo breakout hit like GTA.

duckroll

Tiktaalik said:
Despite those high scores it'll probably still sell like crap. I'd wonder how Japanese gamers could ignore such a high scoring game

It's on two systems that most people don't have and don't want?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Tri-Crescendo + Venus&Braves team = MASSIVE HEADSPLODE :D

i've been jumping around about this game for the past half-hour. N/B BETTER bring this stateside. i really hope someone comes up with some better scans. this game is killing me with anticipation :D

ivysaur12

Banned
ethelred said:
At the moment tri-Crescendo is collaborating with a much better team who was responsible for a much better, and much more underrated, RPG.

While Venus & Braves is a great game, BKO still comes out on top.

But maybe that was just a fluke. Trusty Bell wasn't all that special.

Top Bottom