• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oh hi.

(wow, swear I didn't see that others had done up two of these GIFs almost beat for beat exactly the same way; proves just how awesome some of these moments were onscreen!)

I feel like a bunch of these have serious E3 potential (with subtitles over the next month). Is there somewhere we can put all the GOT gifs we've made over the season? These six episodes have been absolutely rich with moments.

ibjVaoXIw1RPan.gif

iDjgxM17QrRoB.gif

inpIQhGwUD4c8.gif

ibismUtJRnCYRH.gif

ibqwDt2IIlMuPW.gif

i45HAeYMA5AhC.gif

KingK

Theon has been absolutely amazing so far this season. The beheading scene was soooo fucking good. Alfie Allen has made Theon so much better than the book portrayed him. At this point in the series, Theon was my least favorite POV character, but I actually enjoy his parts on the show the most, other than Arya.

(series)
The way Theon has been handled so far makes me really want to see them get to his ADWD arc. It's one of the best in the series (only ones I think are better is Arya CoK/ASOS), and I want to see if Alfie can pull it off. After that beheading scene last week, I think he can.

Kud Dukan

Theon has been absolutely amazing so far this season. The beheading scene was soooo fucking good. Alfie Allen has made Theon so much better than the book portrayed him. At this point in the series, Theon was my least favorite POV character, but I actually enjoy his parts on the show the most, other than Arya.

(series)
The way Theon has been handled so far makes me really want to see them get to his ADWD arc. It's one of the best in the series (only ones I think are better is Arya CoK/ASOS), and I want to see if Alfie can pull it off. After that beheading scene last week, I think he can.

Yes, Theon has been one of the best parts this season. That beheading scene was outstanding.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yep, very foolish. Netflix is a phenomenal success, HBO not allowing people to directly subscribe to HBO GO is just flushing money down the toilet.

Not really. Trying to implement that kind of model would be flushing money down the toilet as the cable companies would react pretty strongly to it. The world isn't quite ready, sadly.

Magnus

I put mine on min.us, http://minus.com/mXYoa2AMn/

Haven't done the latest ep. yet though.

Oh, totally been hosting on minus, yeah. I just mean, I hope there's one central repository for all of these, lol.

I mean, I've obviously been saving all of mine by episode, but I don't have the subtitling skills and GAF's insane wit, so I want to make them available for use over the next month, lol.

Massa

Not really. Trying to implement that kind of model would be flushing money down the toilet as the cable companies would react pretty strongly to it. The world isn't quite ready, sadly.

HBO is already flushing money down the toilet by not selling people what they want.

Talon

HBO doesn't have the privilege of acting unilaterally and selling a streaming service. You've seen how Dish has reacted to AMC. Don't think for a second that the cable and dish companies wouldn't do the same to a premium channel.

Especially when competitors (ha) like Showtime and Starz are around.

Draft

Theon is the breakout character of the show, Littlefinger is the runner up.

Everyone knew Tyrion was going to be a lot of fun, but the performances for Theon and LF have been really great.

Therion

They are merely paying the Iron Price for the show.
That reminds me... When they say Rodrik "has to pay the iron price," is that phrase being used the right way? I only recall it meaning to take by force, but I might be wrong. It definitely stuck out to me though.

ZeroRay

That reminds me... When they say Rodrik "has to pay the iron price," is that phrase being used the right way? I only recall it meaning to take by force, but I might be wrong. It definitely stuck out to me though.

ACOK
In the books, some other guy spit on Theon when him and his crew were reaving. Aeron told Theon that the spitter had to pay the Iron Price by drowning. Wonder if they'll ever bring the drowning aspect of the Ironborn to the show?

tino

Banned
I think the TV show has made the GRRM book delay a lot more bareable. We are just 1 year and a few months from my favorite moments of the series. That idea makes me really happy.

I have made peace with the fact that GRRM may never finish the book. As long as he has told the ending to the TV producers, I am fine with the show being canon. I mean beside Asha getting a dumb name I have no problem with the TV show at all. Majority of the changes are very good changes.

I look forward to season 4 TV skipping most of (book4)
Brienne
's boring shit.

Dany's an inexperienced young girl with nothing but her dragons and her bloodline who is acting tough to try to hide how weak her position is. I think Clarke's doing a fine job.
Yup, that's how I read it, too. She's in over her head here and it shows. The Spice King isn't taking her seriously, and she's having trouble finding an angle.
Thanks, as always. Those look great.

HBO doesn't have the privilege of acting unilaterally and selling a streaming service. You've seen how Dish has reacted to AMC. Don't think for a second that the cable and dish companies wouldn't do the same to a premium channel.

Especially when competitors (ha) like Showtime and Starz are around.
Exactly. Unfortunately I don't think they're in a position to make that leap yet without some serious repercussions.

Theon is godly acting. Say what you want about some of the changes, but, usually the acting and the cast choices were spot on.

I remember my friends thinking Theon to be just another minor character in S1 and would never be important. Oh, the joy when i see them watch these latest episodes.

Therion

ACOK
In the books, some other guy spit on Theon when him and his crew were reaving. Aeron told Theon that the spitter had to pay the Iron Price by drowning. Wonder if they'll ever bring the drowning aspect of the Ironborn to the show?
I just did some thorough ebook searching, and you have all the details right except that the "iron price" phrase is never used. It's never used in any of the books the way they used it in the last episode. Not that it really matters, but that sort of thing sticks out to me. I half-recall a similar problem in the first season, but don't remember the specifics (haven't watched since it first aired).

Theon is good, but i don't love the way he delivers some of his lines. The part where he burns up that letter, and the part where he gets drowned, are good, but his outburst toward Balon (your only boy!) sounded off.

I haven't gotten far into CoK yet, but does the TV series make Tywin a lot more likable than the books? I'm getting that vibe, because I only get the feeling of a ruthless, tactical lord in the books, but he's extremely likable in the show. If this can't be answered without spoilers...I understand, haha

Theon is good, but i don't love the way he delivers some of his lines. The part where he burns up that letter, and the part where he gets drowned, are good, but his outburst toward Balon (your only boy!) sounded off.

The outburst was actually the scene that really made me like Allen and his character. Probably the first moment of sympathy I felt toward him.

I'm excited to hear that he has a pretty big part in CoK. Can't wait to see where the next four episodes take him. I think, from what I've read (just got past the feast/meeting with the iron lords in CoK), I really what they did with his character in the series. Him being baptized and not giving a fuck when he first steps off the boat vs. being baptized after his humiliation and accusing Balon...it makes a huge difference in his character, IMO.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I haven't gotten far into CoK yet, but does the TV series make Tywin a lot more likable than the books? I'm getting that vibe, because I only get the feeling of a ruthless, tactical lord in the books, but he's extremely likable in the show. If this can't be answered without spoilers...I understand, haha
[ACoK]
It's hard to form an opinion on Tywin in ACoK since he's barely in it.

God damn, as I finish preparing this article and nabbing images....the parallels, love it:

[Storm of Swords]
It'll be interesting to see how the show handles Robb beheading Karstark when they get there. I think they've casted Karstark for this season so I wonder if they move that up in the show?

I'm excited to hear that he has a pretty big part in CoK. Can't wait to see where the next four episodes take him. I think, from what I've read (just got past the feast/meeting with the iron lords in CoK), I really what they did with his character in the series. Him being baptized and not giving a fuck when he first steps off the boat vs. being baptized after his humiliation and accusing Balon...it makes a huge difference in his character, IMO.

I think Theon in the show at this point is far more sympathetic than he is in the books. Probably because in the books we know all of the characters' internal thoughts and Theon really comes across as a dick in the books as I recall, even more than the show. Plus the show really tried to emphasize his relationship with Robb which I don't think is played up as much in the books.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The guy playing Theon really did a great job with his portrayal, I was even surprised by how well Bran's actor seemed to come into his own in this episode when he sat up on the bed and was refusing to give up Winterfell.

frequency

I agree with everyone about Theon.

Although I still think he's a total jerk (and always was) even on the show. But great acting and he has way more depth. And at least he has more of a reason to be a jerk.

Dany is pretty much how I pictured her from the books. I did not like her there and I do not like her here though.

The only actor I really find weird is the guy who plays Littlefinger. He has this weird accent thingy that he tries to do. It bothers me and sounds really forced/fake/unnatural. His acting is good, it's just the voice.

I love the assassin for Arya. He has one of the coolest voices, he sounds like a cooler and more smooth Gambit from X-men. Just a slick badass type of character. I hope he still has a decent part in the show after she picks the third kill.

Can't get enough of Danaerys, not just because of how hot she is but because the dragons are awesome and I want them to grow and help take over the kingdoms so she can become queen. I hope this is a "good" side I'm on, like should I be feeling this way if I'm rooting for a good guy. OBviously still rooting for the Starks but I'm hoping Danaerys and the dragons taking over is also good. In fact I want that to happen the most, it would be the greatest thing ever. If she gets killed or the dragons die or gets written off somehow I will be very upset and deflated about the show.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The guy playing Theon really did a great job with his portrayal, I was even surprised by how well Bran's actor seemed to come into his own in this episode when he sat up on the bed and was refusing to give up Winterfell.

That actually was an amazing scene, if only because I couldn't tell if Bran was naive and didn't realize what was happening, or if Theon was so inept (and so blind to the optics of taking a keep from a fucking child), or if Bran was incredibly brilliant and playin the shit out of Theon.

I'll have to rewatch, but although I doubt the latter of the above theories, he sure seemed like he was having fun with him.

Orlandu84

That actually was an amazing scene, if only because I couldn't tell if Bran was naive and didn't realize what was happening, or if Theon was so inept (and so blind to the optics of taking a keep from a fucking child), or if Bran was incredibly brilliant and playin the shit out of Theon.

I'll have to rewatch, but although I doubt the latter of the above theories, he sure seemed like he was having fun with him.

I had the same reaction at the scene when I watched it as well! Much like the second book, this second season has had a lot of very good character development as characters are forced to choice who they are by what they do. Good stuff.

marrec

Banned
I agree with everyone about Theon.

Although I still think he's a total jerk (and always was) even on the show. But great acting and he has way more depth. And at least he has more of a reason to be a jerk.

Something about the intensity of his face really sells some of those scenes for me. The Baptismal and the execution of Sir Roddrick both made me really think this guy is the second best actor in the show.

Walshicus

The only actor I really find weird is the guy who plays Littlefinger. He has this weird accent thingy that he tries to do. It bothers me and sounds really forced/fake/unnatural. His acting is good, it's just the voice.

That's because he went from running a South-England accent in the first series to a kind of Welsh accent in the second.

As a Welsh accent it's not too bad. It's just odd that they made that decision after a whole series of doing South-English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom