• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Vipu

Banned
Hi,

Updated my office to get a more simpel and just plain more good looking setup.
My progress has really changed over the years. From 3 monitors and 1 43" widescreen above, to 1 ultrawide, to now 1 165hz normal 27" and newer been happier than now :)

PC specs:
CPU: i5-6600K OC
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Asus Strix
RAM: 16 GB 3200Mhz Corsais
Case: Define S
CPU cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 X

Other hardware:
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Wireless
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB
Speakers: EDIFIER R1700BT
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Amp/DAC: Fiio Andes e07k
Monitor: Asus 27" PG8Q (165hz)

9MkqtVb.jpg

Zn1MM2z.jpg

mE6tPC9.jpg

CvPRNjC.jpg

I like how that table looks so good and when you check closer it looks like really cheap to make too.
Just simple nice looking wood and those things to put it on wall.

Crosspost from Guitar GAF: Made some guitar hangers out of walnut, and finally got them all out of the closet.

34917694962_94d5359932_c.jpg

Up: added another shelf

35062149526_94037d783b_c.jpg

New x52 Pro HOTAS for ED in VR.

A 1080Ti Asus Strix also added.

This will be going on my space simulation seat when I get around to finishing the blessed thing off ...

Kyne

This will be going on my space simulation seat when I get around to finishing the blessed thing off ...

this is a nice PC setup.

gonna do any Star Trek VR in that space simulation seat? :p

Where did you get that stand/table to holder your PC tower? I'm limited on space for my desk, and that looks like something that will help get my tower off my desk with the space I have.

It's something I made last year over a weekend. I couldn't find anything suitable so put this together.

Tell me you're putting some buttshakers into this thing. Love the setup.

Thank you. I may fit one - probably the Buttkicker LFE if I do. There's still no sign of Elite Dangerous support through Simvibe software though unfortunately. I have 4 mini LFEs in my racing rig and they do really add to the experience.

I don't have a whole lot going on but my setup is this:

I don't really have a whole lot of room for a setup since I've got a bed that is way too big for the room it's in (though I do like having a huge bed since I roll around a lot in my sleep), so I kind of have to make do with the space I have.

I do want to change out my entertainment center to one that is a bit smaller and has compartments (there's one I saw in this thread that I liked but I'd have to find it again). Also want to get a new chair (the one I've got is kind of old and is starting to show its age a bit).

Do you mind if I ask where you got this desk from?

It's a customised desk I put together in 2012 - it's a Trexus (100cm x 60cm) with dual cantilever legs. I'm not sure they make them anymore after performing a quick search.

The customisations included making the bespoke monitor shelf, adding side and front sections to the desk and covering the main, flat surfaces with durable chalkboard vinyl. The side pieces were made from MDF and filled / spray painted.

JapeMincers

A few of my three setups. I'll try and get some better shots later rather than using my phone.

My main gaming platform

i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz
16GB XMS3 1600MHz RAM
GTX 980 @ 1500MHz

ngJxKrt.jpg

My 'new' console setup.

Sony 50" W829
Sony XT-100 sound base
PS4
XBOX One S
Steam Link
Neon Switch

QU06qeI.jpg

My 'retro' corner. All connected with RGB Scart

32" Sony CRT
Dreamcast
Wii/Gamecube
XBOX
PS1/PS2
SNES
Mega Drive

5zE0kjA.jpg

New apartment... went for 850 sqft to 1200... my couch sits back much further now which made my 55 inch look... inadequate, so I upgraded to the 65 inch LG E6P OLED!

SskFhra.jpg

Also hooked up both of my subs, moved the Samsung JU7100 to the bedroom (which is also bigger now so it's not over bearing. I am content.

123rl

I've got an upgrade coming this week. There's some awesome deals on Kef speakers and I've got one of the last remaining new units of the Kef q300 bookshelfs. Also, I've got the Kef q200c centre speaker and, again, this is so hard to find new. I got both for about £430, saving about £700 in the process.

Photos to follow on Tuesday when they arrive

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
This is my setup for the year.

PSVR, Vita, Retro Freak and Famicom with NES Mini in the lockers. Along with a Korean Vita TV and a PlayStation TV.

Basically what is showing is a Sony XBR65X850D with the 800 series UHD player, a Wii U, N3DSXL, PS4 pro and iPad Pro 10.5". Hi-res 7.2 speaker setup.

Mihos

Gold Member
Everything is always a work in progress, but here is what it looks like if you walked in today:

Office, I primarily use it for work, but the room is great for VR and gaming
PC1.jpg

On the bar side of the room, I still need a proper poker table there.
Bar1.jpg

Retro1.jpg

Most are running through RGB SCART, except for the RF systems which I have a small rack tuner. Everything is ready to play just by turning the system on.
Retro2.jpg

Dealing with controllers is always a pain, this was my solution (the black fabric acts as bags for the cords to fall into)
Controllers.jpg

All of the portables charge while on display, so you can grab and play them all.
Portable1.jpg

Portable2.jpg

On the theater side, this is where I play most my PC games and modern systems. I am having a contractor come in and rework most of that area soon. You can also see a couple of arcade machines I restored recently.
Theater1.jpg

I am still working on the media closet, I may never be done with it.
Closet1.jpg

The room off to the right is a small electronics lab where I restore and maintain a lot of the retro systems, as well as some work for my day job
Lab1.jpg

I have another X51 in the master bedroom for some light PC gaming, but that isn't something worth showing.

Everything is always a work in progress, but here is what it looks like if you walked in today:

PC1.jpg

Bar1.jpg

Retro1.jpg

Most are running through RGB SCART, except for the RF systems which I have a small rack tuner. Everything is ready to play just by turning the system on.
Retro2.jpg

Dealing with controllers is always a pain, this was my solution (the black fabric acts as bags for the cords to fall into)
Controllers.jpg

All of the portables charge while on display, so you can grab and play them all.
Portable1.jpg

Portable2.jpg

On the theater side, this is where I play most my PC games and modern systems. I am having a contractor come in and rework most of that area soon. You can also see a couple of arcade machines I restored recently.
Theater1.jpg

Closet1.jpg

The room off to the right is a small electronics lab where I restore and maintain a lot of the retro systems, as well as some work for my day job
Lab1.jpg

I have another X51 in the master bedroom for some light PC gaming, but that isn't something worth showing.

My GAWD this is beautiful!!!

deadlast

What's the audio setup you got going on there? I assume all audioengine stuff.
Also, that desk looks like it can be moded into a Viewlix arcade.

CrazyHorse

Some of you are rich! I always though NeoGAF would have more younger and poorer people.

TBH I like the simple setups more. They have more character, charm and normality. The rich looking ones are just too far away from the average person.

Mihos

Gold Member
Some of you are rich! I always though NeoGAF would have more younger and poorer people.

TBH I like the simple setups more. They have more character, charm and normality. The rich looking ones are just too far away from the average person.

Not really, when you have been collecting and taking care of the stuff for over 30 years, it just adds up. Hell, half the systems were given to me as gifts, or like the baby pacman/frogger machines given to me simply because I had the room and means to fix them up from an in law. Maybe all in all, I have spent about 10 - 15k spread out over the course of 30+ years. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than golf.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Not really, when you have been collecting and taking care of the stuff for over 30 years, it just adds up. Hell, half the systems were given to me as gifts, or like the baby pacman/frogger machines given to me simply because I had the room and means to fix them up from an in law. Maybe all in all, I have spent about 10 - 15k spread out over the course of 30+ years. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than golf.
One of my wild bengal cat has the same name as your username :-D.

Agent713

I love everyone's setup. So unique and beautiful! I want to start my setup soon. Just moved into my own apartment. Where could I go and get a good desk?

What's the audio setup you got going on there? I assume all audioengine stuff.
Also, that desk looks like it can be moded into a Viewlix arcade.

You're correct, it's Audioengine (A2's and D1 DAC).

The desk styling is to fit in with the my other DIY projects in the room - which also include a Vewlix arcade cabinet as it happens. I posted it a few pages back but here it is again:

Where are those shelves and desk from?

Ikea, naturally. I don't remember the desk name, but it's just one of their tops and leg options. Shelves are Lack, units are the old Expedit.

Looking into selling our house in the next couple of years and getting me my own dedicated space, if I'm still working from home by that point. Then I'll be designing something from scratch. Perhaps Greene and Greene or Craftsman style. Can't decide if I want to do the whole room modern or early 20th century.

Darien

My setup update - now mainly focused on VR gaming. Added PlaySeat + Thrustmaster T300 + Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 + AIM Controller + a little bit of interior change.

34608058833_a0016a84f2_h.jpg

34608004813_a955a2f01d_h.jpg

Caayn

My setup update - now mainly focused on VR gaming. Added PlaySeat + Thrustmaster T300 + Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 + AIM Controller + a little bit of interior change.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4261/34608058833_a0016a84f2_h.jpg[img]

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4261/34608004813_a955a2f01d_h.jpg[img][/QUOTE]Nice setup. Three questions though:

1) Why haven't you used tape, or something else, to hide the cables from your PS4 Pro and Camera? They kinda stick out when no other cables are visible.

2) The black bar beneath the PS Camera, is that a speaker?

2) You're using a beamer? How is it?

It's not about being rich and in fact I doubt many here are what you'd consider wealthy. It usually boils down to either amassing it over a period of time or being a normal working adult with enough income to afford a hobby or two. When you're young and/or money's tight though yeah I guess it can look like some are "rich". Just try to keep some perspective on it.

Heero5

PC1.jpg

Bar1.jpg

Retro1.jpg

Retro2.jpg

Controllers.jpg

Portable1.jpg

Portable2.jpg

Theater1.jpg

Closet1.jpg

Lab1.jpg

Awesome set up! Great controller idea. Love your cabinet that your handhelds are in as well. Do you happen to know the name of that cabinet or where you got it?

Tau

Yes! this is a fantastic setup, love the feature wall too! What TV is that?

34608058833_a0016a84f2_h.jpg

34608004813_a955a2f01d_h.jpg

Top Bottom