• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2017 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Boke1879

Here's mine

MOMQo2K.jpg
DDfZ1tt.jpg

7QKGunU.jpg
BhhiR1E.jpg

Ecto311

dQ0XZpLl.jpg

Got to walmart at 5am and they were just putting this out. Forgot about it coming out today but loved the demo. I played more of the demo than zelda on the switch so far so this will get a ton of play. Good thing the game smokes my ass when I thought I was decent at tetris at least.

Gamble

you painted it black, you monster! :O

looks cool though ...but ...you monster!

I think he may have grabbed the limited edition black and gold ones that were put out last year, I actually have them both though I don't have anywhere to display them just yet :-(

Boke1879

you painted it black, you monster! :O

looks cool though ...but ...you monster!

LOL nah. It's the Legacy Black and Gold Dragonzord and Megazord combined.

I'll be getting the regular Dragonzord soon and the Soul of Chogokin Megazord next month.

Fulge1973

Banned
It's a mine impression or the pages of this wonderful thread decreases by month in a month? Does it depend on the rise of digital delivery?

April's turned out to be a pretty good month. I took advantage of the recent Gamestop 4 for $10 sale to pick up a few extra PS3 titles and we came across a really good deal on a 55" 4K TV that replaced the 42" plasma we've been using.

CNIgGMT.jpg

bDeVS2l.jpg

It's a mine impression or the pages of this wonderful thread decreases by month in a month? Does it depend on the rise of digital delivery?

You're not wrong. The thread's life started out getting about 2-5 pages. At its peak it was regularly getting 15+ pages (sometimes 20). From 2013-2016 it started dropping back down to about 5-8 pages and now recently I'd say we're settling back to the old 2-5 pages.

I don't think it's really about digital delivery but that may play a small part (I personally have bought 1 physical game for myself in the last 3 years). I think it's more that Neogaf median age has increased significantly over the years and I think older people buy less things and are less likely to feel like displaying those things unless they're particularly important.

A population of 'stable' adults won't be showing things like new apartments, new cars, home furnishings, etc. because they already own those things. Similarly, a good number of them won't feel like displaying small purchases because it's so unimportant in the life of somebody who has the money that a full time career provides.

Personally I'm pretty frugal and barely ever have anything to post about and the things that I do buy are probably not very interesting.

Not that this applies to everyone, there's just a higher percentage of these kind of people as Neogaf ages. And it's not like you're childish or something if you like posting this stuff, it's just different things for different people.

LegendX48

Did you get any physical games for it, or are you planning to go strictly digital?

good luck on your test!

No physical games yet, planning to trade in my wii u copy of BOTW for the switch version soon. Not going strictly digital, though I might go digital for multiplayer games.

edit: Oh, and thanks!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
YO!!

33430005814_699511900e_z.jpg

Feeling so excited right now. Gotta simmer down and study for a test now lol

Reserva travel brush!! Nice!
I have a #8 non travel version. Excellent brush!

Is that one of the princeton sable liners with the black handle?

LegendX48

Reserva travel brush!! Nice!
I have a #8 non travel version. Excellent brush!

Is that one of the princeton sable liners with the black handle?

yeah, got a #6 Reserva, fits right in my Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolor box too which is great. The other brush is a #2 DaVinci rigger. Hoping to try them out this weekend.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, got a #6 Reserva, fits right in my Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolor box too which is great. The other brush is a #2 DaVinci rigger. Hoping to try them out this weekend.

Noice!! I've been doing acrylic abstract lately so I'm just using burner brushes. But brush lust is a real thing!

Had to order the steelbook version (with the superior cover) from Best Buy but also picked up the Target version. Can't believe they went with this cover though lol.

51485814130__70E86121-A057-40EE-9AD7-0A8562EEAD50_zpst6rh3e33.jpg

Forgot I had preordered this. So its my first switch game for a console I don't own yet. I guess that means its time to buy a switch
RmdskiM.jpg

Also a couple weeks ago I bought new shoes. They're asics gel-lyte v and they're quite comfortable. They had blue laces but I put the orange ones they came with on. Not sure which I prefer, but I'm going with the orange for now.
k41WfMk.jpg

Justinh

Under $3, everything brand new and sealed aside from Metropolis

I'm jealous. I want to get a newer version of Seven Samurai, mine's one of the old single-disc versions (but not one with the Toho featurette or whatever). It's still so damn expensive. I guess worth it for this movie though... 3 dollars is a really good damn deal.

AlfaTrion

Here are my March pickups:

Amazon sent my pre-ordered (1st wave) Switch about a week late and decided to ship the other 4 items at the same time, even the Wii U version of Zelda so I didn't get to jump on at the same time as everyone else.

LIKUQTk.jpg

Pre-ordered this from a store and it arrived on time for pickup

Gzabcbx.jpg

That month's EDGE

3U2DTVL.jpg

I got this for my GF and she played the HELL out of this game. It's fantastic and she did 5 of the main endings:

AQv9zFr.jpg
fIF1Nbm.jpg

She also found this at a big discount

VzPMcUA.jpg

Got these two for $20CAD and Poochy/Yoshi I got in Feb but never took a pic of it. I did take the pic of the amiibo last month tho.

AkYNLUB.jpg

Finally picked this up. Now that I finished Mass Effect, before getting back to Zelda, I might jump in and finish single player for this.

x9oPuZF.jpg

And after this hugely unpolished game, I will never pre-order any EA titles ever. Even for the discount. NOTE: The PC version was for a friend.

6ZxUybm.jpg

Koppai

1HBFSf3h.jpg

My second ARTFX-J series figure featuring May from the Pokémon Game Series. The first one I have is Red, and the next one will be Serena from XY series. Unfortunately the box got damaged a bit.

Picked up these Blu-rays over the past few days. I had also ordered the first X-Men movie, but they cancelled it since the one copy they had was damaged. Heh.

-Iron Man Ultimate 2-Disc Edition
-Iron Man 2 3-Disc combo pack
-Thor
-X2: X-Men United 2-Disc Edition
-X-Men: The Last Stand
I didn't realize until later that the version I got of X-Men: The Last Stand was the single disc and not 2-disc one that has some nice extras on it. Oh, well. It was only $1.51 with free shipping, and I got it just to complete the collection. I got it from the same seller and in the same order as X2: X-Men United. It was a last second addition.

The first two Iron Man movies and Thor were the only ones I was missing to complete my Marvel Cinematic Universe Blu-ray collection. Glad to finally have all of them.

hiro_x

Just got my Switch with MK8D!

This thing is really good, my wife and son are having a blast with MK8D. Can't wait to try other games.
DGpRQ26.jpg

I was getting my tire change at sears on 4/17/17 and was told it's going to be an hour job. There was a salvation army shop across the street so I thought I check it out in the mean time.

A BRAND NEW/SEALED COPY OF Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition for $6.60 after 40% off.

575c606d63.jpg

Awesome!

Top Bottom