• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the Sony developers up to

AznSniper

I found some interesting things looking through LinkedIn.

This guy had been with Sony almost forever but it seems he helped in the concept of a new Life Simulation space for PS4. So, Home 2.0 on PS4?

EnUVnJQ.jpg

It was also interesting because he was art director on an unannounced PS Move title, but in the summary, he states that he was art director for The Universal (unreleased). So, maybe this title was cancelled.

FgXqqQF.jpg

qkIYK8W.jpg

According to this guy's profile, he was working for Studio Liverpool and you can see Wipeout for PS4 and Project X a 1st/3rd Person Shooter for Vita/PS3. My guess is that Project X was the Splinter Cell style game for PS4 that Eurogamer mentioned in this article. It probably moved development onto a Vita/PS4 game instead.

rrdGT8x.jpg

Here is a guy who worked for Magic Pixel Games (Carnival Island) and they were working on a PS4 title.

jHR5A8t.jpg

Globox_82

Banned
I found some interesting things looking through LinkedIn.

This guy had been with Sony almost forever but it seems he helped in the concept of a new Life Simulation space for PS4. So, Home 2.0 on PS4?

It was also interesting because he was art director on an unannounced PS Move title, but in the summary, he states that he was art director for The Universal (unreleased). So, maybe this title was cancelled.

According to this guy's profile, he was working for Studio Liverpool and you can see Wipeout for PS4 and Project X a 1st/3rd Person Shooter for Vita/PS3. My guess is that Project X was the Splinter Cell style game for PS4 that Eurogamer mentioned in this article. It probably moved development onto a Vita/PS4 game instead.

nice find. Just one question. Is it confirmed that Sony liverpool games are canned, I mean that article says it, but it doesn't make sense to cancel wipeout after 18 months in development. and that splinter cell game, I wonder if we ever get some concept art or something

EDIT: Yeah now I remember

http://gamingeverything.com/38936/rumor-concept-art-from-canned-sce-studio-liverpool-ps4-project/

KAL2006

Banned
Gamesindustry published today an interview with Ru Weerasuriya from Ready at Dawn.

Some interesting quotes:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-the-console-industry-says-ready-at-dawn-boss

I have a feeling Ready at Dawn will not be ready to show their game at E3. Seems like they worked on it for only 2 years, and Ready at Dawn is a really small team.

Benelux = Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands

Netherlands = Guerilla Games new ip?

Makes sense. Dont really like the name "The Order" sounds generic.

KAL2006

Banned
Any news on a Vita ip? Or is that all left for the indies now?

Vita seems to be dead

You have Tearaway, inVizimals and Killzone upcoming

Bend is making a Vita game, perhaps Uncharted GA2
Gravity Rush 2 is likely in development
The producer of Soul Sacrifice has said he wants to make another Vita game
Drinkbox are likely making another PSN downloadable game
Just Add Water said their next game will be PS4/Vita
Perhaps ClapHanz can make another Hotshits, maybe Hotshots Tennis
Maybe Tarsier Studios making another vita game after LittleBigPlanet
Maybe Sony Japan is also making another Vita game

Vita seems to be dead

Informative and I also giggled when you called hotshots hotshits, whether intentional or unintentional you made me smile while remembering how gloomy my Vita's future is.

Mario007

Vita seems to be dead

That Destiny of Souls trademark mentioned portable systems...

Dat 3rd team.

They're going to start doubling and even tripling down on a lot of their studios. It's a smart decision. It's better to have one enormous first party studio than to have three or four smaller ones. Development is much quicker with the former.

Top Bottom