• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat Invitational - Now with more DOTA!

Man, leavers in this game are more brutal than other MOBAs.

They definitely need to punish the leavers a lot more harshly.

Right now there's no punishment at all (other than not getting the CCs/prizes from matches you leave). Their long-term strategy is to have the matchmaking match leavers with each other, but I don't think the player base is big enough yet for that to have any effect.

I certainly wouldn't mind if they gave leavers a slight CC penalty for the next 3-5 games, but I think Uber is worried about alienating paying customers.

I still have a love-hate relationship with this game... I've been matchmaking with a friend, and we rarely win games anymore (even though the two of us are consistently top of our team, usually by a decent margin). Neither of us can tell if we're doing something wrong, or just getting constantly screwed by the team balance.

Alright. I booted up SMNC.. It says Log In... I planned on using my beta account. The moment I hit log in it takes me to the register page... okay, I guess I have to for the first time

finished up and now it's hanging on "Connecting..."

wut I do gaf

Does this have controller support or am I going to get wrecked using a controller? Will try either way since I loved the first one.

I play with a controller, find it a lot more suited to a game like this (console background!).

Does feel like there's a bit of aim assist when using one?

JWong

Banned
Right now there's no punishment at all (other than not getting the CCs/prizes from matches you leave). Their long-term strategy is to have the matchmaking match leavers with each other, but I don't think the player base is big enough yet for that to have any effect.

I certainly wouldn't mind if they gave leavers a slight CC penalty for the next 3-5 games, but I think Uber is worried about alienating paying customers.

I still have a love-hate relationship with this game... I've been matchmaking with a friend, and we rarely win games anymore (even though the two of us are consistently top of our team, usually by a decent margin). Neither of us can tell if we're doing something wrong, or just getting constantly screwed by the team balance.

I wonder if it's a good solution to implement good bot AI when the player leaves. They can just push bot lanes, spend money on bot spawn, and be an annoyance at the annihilator when needed. There's not too much benefits for killing players. I certainly get lots of kills and still lose the match.

Also, the game doesn't really have a good way of gathering folks, does it? Can we make our own channel and join up?

I wonder if it's a good solution to implement good bot AI when the player leaves. They can just push bot lanes, spend money on bot spawn, and be an annoyance at the annihilator when needed. There's not too much benefits for killing players. I certainly get lots of kills and still lose the match.

I've wondered about that... seems like a lot of work for a relatively small team to implement, though. And any bonus they give to the team that's down a man will be incredibly hard to balance -- if it's too weak, it just prolongs the game further, and if it's too strong, it could swing the game in the other direction (and it would really suck to lose because the other team got an artificial advantage).

The only good solution will be to prevent people from leaving in the first place. But that's easier said than done. :p

Have they fixed matchmaking yet?

It does skill-based matchmaking for everything now. Still not perfect, but better than it was when it just took whoever was available.

Tokubetsu

I like the game but these 800-2gig patches every fucking week is seriously stupid. It's a waste of bandwidth and they should have fixed this MONTHS ago.

JWong

Banned
I think Megabeth is my best character.

Good lane control, hit and run on turrets, and decent melee special.

Top Bottom