• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Langy

So does anyone have any experience with Game or the Square-Enix store for pre-orders?

I wanna pre-order the FFXV deluxe edition and it only seems available from those two places, so question is, who is more reliable to get me it on or even before lauch day?

So does anyone have any experience with Game or the Square-Enix store for pre-orders?

I wanna pre-order the FFXV deluxe edition and it only seems available from those two places, so question is, who is more reliable to get me it on or even before lauch day?

I've only ordered CE's from Square Enix store but I always get them on release day via DPD. Square will use Royal mail for the deluxe edition IIRC, Game will probably do the same. You get extra postcards from Square Enix , but you can use game points & get cashback via game. I've never gotten a pre-order early from Game, but I haven't gotten one late either - but other people on GAF have.

FYI, GAME nets you A King's Tale as a bonus, Squeenix Store does not.

oti

Banned
Just got my NSMBU + Luigi U for 10€ from Saturn. Only deal left is Mirror's Edge for 10€.

Still bummed out I didn't get Bloodborne GOTY for 15€. :(

images

I'd also add http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/ to the OP. Between that and Idealo you're covered for general prices of games outside of sale events.

Lime

Funny how I've stopped using the threads deals after going digital.

The only thing that I use from the thread is hardware deals and digital key sales

Neku89

I haven't seen it anywhere else, and I don't have posting privileges, so this thread feels like the proper place to put this deal...

Basically, Sony is doing a promotion in Italy: buy a PS4 Slim 1TB and one game for at least 349€, get back 100 (PS3/360/WiiU) or 200 (PS4/One) euros by trading in your old working console.
Coincidentally, two retailers (Iper and Carrefour) are doing another promotion in which they give you 89 (Iper) or 100 (Carrefour) euros in in-store credit if you buy a PS4 Slim 1TB + Fifa 17 for 349€. Finally, if you're not interested in Fifa, you can trade it at a GameStop for 40€ in in-store credit until the 14th of October.

Now, I have my old PS4 500GB which is perfectly functional, but whose warranty has expired a couple of months ago. With this promotion I upgraded to the 1TB Slim for the very low price of "10€": 349€ - 200€ by trading my old console - 100€ of Carrefour credit - 40€ of Gamestop credit.

The Sony promotion is also very good if you have a very old (but unmodded and still working) PS3 or X360: those are accepted and you get back 100€!

thechemist

My favorite thread, thanks to everyone who posts great deals! When the last thread was posted who would have thought that the UK (fellow Londoner here!) would be starting the process to leaving the EU soon, how times change, anyways bring on the deals!

Stolen off HUKD:

Two PS4 Dualshock 4 Controllers (V2)
£57.98 @ Sainsburys

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/...ries/playstation-ps4-dualshock-v2-controller?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2x-...ng-code-works-out-28-99-each-free-c-c-2520826

1. Add 2 Playstation PS4 Dualshock V2 Black / Red/ Blue/ Controllers to the basket

2. Register as a New Customer and Pick a Collection slot (Or get the controllers delivered from £1)

3. Add the E-voucher ''AFFVBXTTSM'' for £18 off a £60 spend

4. Price will now be reduced to £57.98, time to checkout!

Works out at £28.99 a controller

Even though I don't live in EUR and get jealous of the in-store deals, I still follow this great thread for the online deals that sometimes send overseas. :p

Especially for Nintendo stuff as we're all a PAL family still. <3 Thanks to stupid region locking. >_>

Metalmarc

Edit : nvm re-read op

Just to add though i had a problem with Shopto in 2014 and were a complete ballache to deal with trying to get my money back for over 2 months, (website stated at the time to wait 28 days for the items to arrive before attempting to claim a refund, 2 months later though nothing showed up and they were still ignoring me, of course i came onto here to complain and found it was banned, which was too late but no suprise) so just a heads up, i may be in the minority, but i have heard others who have had the similar problems with higher value items. I finally got money back after getting a consumer rights channel on social media involved.

Paper Mario Colour Splash is £30 at Base.com. Cheapest I've seen it so far. Never used Base before so not sure what they're like for delivery/getting preorders to you on time but couldn't pass up the game at that price.

TheMoon

Paper Mario Colour Splash is £30 at Base.com. Cheapest I've seen it so far. Never used Base before so not sure what they're like for delivery/getting preorders to you on time but couldn't pass up the game at that price.

You'll get it on-time if you live in the UK. You'll get it the following week if you don't.

Eanan

I've just got the 500gb one s and FIFA and forza horizon for £244 from Zavvi which is the best I've found in the UK.

Thats pretty decent but hope we get a repeat of the amazon £199 one s deal from a week or two ago.

Famassu

What are the chances of Until Dawn being ~£15 in a Halloween PSN sale? Likely/not likely?
There's probably going to be some kind of monster/halloween themed October sale. Until Dawn is a somewhat likely be a part of such sale. Whether it's as low as 15£, that I wouldn't be so sure of. Could be or it could be a little higher.

Edit : nvm re-read op

Just to add though i had a problem with Shopto in 2014 and were a complete ballache to deal with trying to get my money back for over 2 months, (website stated at the time to wait 28 days for the items to arrive before attempting to claim a refund, 2 months later though nothing showed up and they were still ignoring me, of course i came onto here to complain and found it was banned, which was too late but no suprise) so just a heads up, i may be in the minority, but i have heard others who have had the similar problems with higher value items. I finally got money back after getting a consumer rights channel on social media involved.

I had a similar problem, had to wait 3 months for them to process a refund. When I called the guy was a total dick on the phone. Will never use them ever again.

I bought a PS4 for my brother from them last year and the outer box was damaged .. I checked the ps4 and the HDD cover had some scratches & they offered to refund or replace it , I initially accepted but the scratches were hardly noticeable and the ps4 ran quieter than my one so I asked them to cancel the cancellation. They were polite both times o_O. Although the person I spoke to when I was returning a game they sent me accidentally was pretty rude, which was wtf since I was being kind & saving them money - they had no idea they sent me it
(no despatch e-mail, order was cancelled weeks before) & hadn't charged me...

Zafir

I had a few problems with Shopto around when the PS4 launched. They missed the release date on one game(Tearaway I think), hadn't even shipped it until I sent them a message asking where it was. I also had a PS4 vertical stand ordered, and they shipped me the wrong product. Lastly they handled the mega bundle really poorly (people who'd pre-ordered after me being offered it when I didn't get a choice).

They apparently don't handle big scale launches very well at all.

Between all of that happening in the span of a few weeks, and all the stories from other people, I don't think I've used them much at all since. Maybe once or twice when they've had a good price on a game, but that's so bloody rare these days. Most of their prices aren't cheap at all.

I didn't realise that the new discount promotion on Amazon game preorders meant that you got a £6 voucher too if you had a preorder on the go!

Battlefield 1 for £29.15 is pretty damn fantastic!

NaviLink

Tesco had some 500Gb PS4 with Uncharted 4 this morning, I tried for hours to go through the checkout process, only to be told every time that they didn't have enough stock. How can such a big company have such an awful website?

I didn't realise that the new discount promotion on Amazon game preorders meant that you got a £6 voucher too if you had a preorder on the go!

Battlefield 1 for £29.15 is pretty damn fantastic!

Why'd you get £6 o_O? The e-mail said £2 gc as thanks for being a video game customer, I have a couple of pre-orders with them as well :S.

Why'd you get £6 o_O? The e-mail said £2 gc as thanks for being a video game customer, I have a couple of pre-orders with them as well :S.

No idea, I just had an email on Friday explaining the £2 off system on preorders/new releases from now on, and saying I had a £6 voucher on my account as a thank you for preordering one for more games recently (of which I've got 2) and/or games withing two weeks of release.

Sure enough I logged in and I had a £6 voucher to use. I assumed everyone had gotten one lol?

No idea, I just had an email on Friday explaining the £2 off system on preorders/new releases from now on, and saying I had a £6 voucher on my account as a thank you for preordering one for more games recently (of which I've got 2) and/or games withing two weeks of release.

Sure enough I logged in and I had a £6 voucher to use. I assumed everyone had gotten one lol?

o_O Mine is only £2,I have 2 games ordered as well though.

I'll copy the email later, then you could forward it to Amazon customer services and ask for equal treatment?

Nah that's fine, there's a 50% chance Amazon's CS will end up confused, it was just a bit weird they sent people different amounts though. Might be one of my games(since it's a niche title & they mess up when they list these sometimes) wasn't in the right category when they calculated it or something. Having a PS4 Pro & PS VR on top of the games should count for something though =@.

NateDog

Apologies for using this thread but anyone get their MW campaign code yet? I got mine today (Smyths Ireland) but there's no download in my queue / on my system and I can't even find the download list any more on the PS Store. It seemed to say it was like a reservation but I haven't had this before so I wanted to ask.

stalker

I got 8 euros fron amazon spain premium because I have recently bought or peordered 4 games. I think the policy has been 2 euros per recent preorder or new game bought, 2 gbp in the UK.

Edit: wait, looking at my recent orders I have bought more than 4 in september, but preorders pending as of october 1st are only 4. I guess this may be the rule applied. The email from amazon spain was certainly not clear at all.

Guys I am losing my shit over here.

I recently preordered two titles from The Game Collection, neither shows on the orders section on their website when I log in to my account.

I paid via PayPal what are my options if they don't ship the games and leave me for dead here?

I recently preordered two titles from The Game Collection, neither shows on the orders section on their website when I log in to my account.

I paid via PayPal what are my options if they don't ship the games and leave me for dead here?

You probably weren't logged in and did a guest checkout when you paid with PayPal. If you have the email receipts you'll be fine.

goonergaz

Any payments via paypal will be on your paypal account and you should have an email too?

Craft

I've ordered without being logged in before and after contacting them they added the orders to my account.
If you've got the order numbers just drop them an email their support is really good.
No funds are taken until the order is dispatched anyway, although this is slightly different for Paypal due to the 28 day preauth limit where they'll either take the funds on the dispatch or 28 days after the order whichever comes first.

BraXzy

PayPal receipts should do but The Game Collection are good, I've never had an issue with them so you shouldn't worry :)

Any payments via paypal will be on your paypal account and you should have an email too?

It was a paypal guest checkout, I deleted my paypal account months ago.

I have emails from TGC and paypal, moved them to a folder where they won't get deleted/lost under volume of incoming email.

Tizoc

I'm looking to buy the Eisenhorn Trilogy of books; is there any online retailer selling all 3 books for cheap? Amazon UK has each book for GBP 9.

Top Bottom