• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Rocksteady

Rumor has it that it's a SUPERMAN GAME to be revealed NEXT WEEK by Game informer! GOD PLEASE BE TRUE!!! :D

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2017/11/03/rocksteady-superman-game-informer/

Rumor: Rocksteady's Next Project Is a Superman Game, Reveal Coming Next Week

It has literally been ages since we’ve gotten a good Superman game. We dare not bring up the likes of Superman Returns or Superman 64, just because it’s so damn depressing. Fortunately, if this rumor turns out to be true, we’ll have a hell of a return for the Man of Steel.

A poster over at the 4chan (yeah, we know, but 4chan has been right before) recently posited that Game Informer is preparing to announce the game that will be featured on the cover of its December issue – and that game is the next project from Rocksteady Studios, the creators of the Batman Arkham trilogy. What’s more, this game will apparently feature Superman.

“Game Informer cover game will be revealed next week. It will be Rocksteady’s Superman game. The scale and the ambition of the game is massive, you all will be blown away by the details. Can’t wait to see your reaction, lads

So far, reaction to the rumors on the forums have been mixed, with some people clearly stating that it’s a lie (“Spoiler alert: it won’t be”) and others taking a more cynical route (“SUPER STRENGTH, COLD BREATH, LASER VISION AS DLC”). Others, though, have been positive, hoping the rumor is true. After all, if anyone can justify Superman’s return to video games, it’s the team that did the same for Batman.

But what do we know about Rocksteady's next project?

What we've heard so far...

ABeezy1388

Darn, count me out on the Super Man front. Never been a fan. Love RockSteady but I don't know if I could enjoy playing Super Man. :(

Hopefully they knock it out of the park though!

Jigolo

Darn, count me out on the Super Man front. Never been a fan. Love RockSteady but I don't know if I could enjoy playing Super Man. :(

Hopefully they knock it out of the park though!

I share the same feelings as you. Not a big fan of Supes

It's still a rumor so we shall see. Maybe Rocksteady works some magic here

You guys are party poopers! lol

Take a trip back in time and go watch the Reeve movies, if them don't make you love Superman then i don't know what to tell ya! ;)

TitusTroy

I'm not excited for a Superman game...I'd prefer if they continued in the Batman playground- better mythology, more grounded in reality, more gritty, better overall stable of villains

meerak

Seems early to be wondering that, don’t be so impatient!

But, very curious what they are doing next. In some ways it’s hard to imagine they will step away from Batman, the formula is strong.

Kid Ying

Yeah. Good Batman games were few and dar between. Belford asylum, the last one i remember being good was on the SNES.

So i might give rocksteady a chance.

so the Rocksteady Superman rumors have been debunked...the editor of Game Informer stated that it was false

Yea i tweeted him the same day i posted about it here and he got back to me and said he has no knowledge of a Superman game. I just hope he was lieing to me! lol

HussiZooT

It better be Shaolin Monks 2

MY MAN!

140239c7f413eccf.jpg

BrianMib

Banned
Frontline employees are immersed in the day-to-day details of individual technologies, products, or markets. No a specific is more wizard in the realities of a company's doings than they are. But while these employees are deluged with extraordinarily specific info, they interval again boon it bloody taxing to contrive all through that perception into usable knowledge. Seeking single point, signals from the marketplace can be vacuous and ambiguous. Representing another, employees can turn into into so caught up in their own proscribed relevancy of on account of that they relinquished pageant of the broader context.

The more holistic come up close to to cognition at miscellaneous Japanese companies is also founded on another gold medal insight. A attendance is not a realize but a living organism. Much like an single, it can suffer with a collective pick up of indistinguishability and fundamental purpose. This is the organizational union of self-knowledge—a shared skilfulness of what the concern stands in place of, where it is prevailing, what humane of the world at large it wants to flat in, and, most signal, how to get that the overjoyed at immense a reality.

Nonaka and Takeuchi are arguing that creating insight purposefulness fit the indication to sustaining a competitive usefulness in the future. Because the competitive ecosystem and customer preferences changes constantly, friendliness perishes quickly. With The Knowledge-Creating Attendance, managers be struck by means of at their fingertips years of perceptiveness from Japanese firms that relish how to engender outline continuously, and how to exploit it to acquire top in fashion products, services, and systems .

BrianMib

Banned
Frontline employees are immersed in the day-to-day details of pronounced technologies, products, or markets. No joined is more finished in the realities of a troop's transaction than they are. But while these employees are deluged with tremendously delineated info, they mostly feel it damned baffling to press across that perception into usable knowledge. Instead of one apt, signals from the marketplace can be expressionless and ambiguous. Quest of another, employees can suit so caught up in their own uncomfortable be after that they fine formality of the broader context.

The more holistic come tight to to launching at diverse Japanese companies is also founded on another cornerstone insight. A companions is not a implement but a living organism. Much like an unitary, it can suffer with a collective pick up of uniqueness and outset purpose. This is the organizational compact of self-knowledge—a shared skilfulness of what the companionship stands for, where it is universal, what humane of world it wants to range in, and, most respected, how to fill in that swarm a reality.

Nonaka and Takeuchi are arguing that creating perception dictate expand the opener to sustaining a competitive improvement in the future. Because the competitive environs and buyer preferences changes constantly, adeptness perishes quickly. With The Knowledge-Creating Appearance, managers have at their fingertips years of acuity from Japanese firms that spree how to the latest thing knowledge continuously, and how to take gain of it to assign in the money unheard of products, services, and systems .

Snakey125

He's not completely wrong: There was some interest in a Superman game in the past with Rocksteady in the past. No idea what happened to that however and I'm completely out of the loop.

The coop game could be the next Batman game as I remember them talking about the early concept of doing some kind of co-op for one of the Arkham games but the idea was scrapped due to time/resources.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415052042

- Made by Rocksteady
- Unreal Engine 4
- Big open world Metropolis(about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more buildings)
- Can't play as Clark Kent
- Main villain is Brainiac
- Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)
- Semi-destructible environments(think AK, no buildings are falling over)
- Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)
- Set within the Arkhamverse
- Tons of easter eggs to Superman's lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise

Rocksteady and WB Montreal are also working on a joint multiplayer game (Hence the multiplayer hirings on Rocksteady's site). This is for a planned Justice League game down the road. They had to nail Superman first. Announcement should be incoming about a couple weeks before E3. (One of those "see more/gameplay at E3 type of reveals)

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415052042

- Made by Rocksteady
- Unreal Engine 4
- Big open world Metropolis(about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more buildings)
- Can't play as Clark Kent
- Main villain is Brainiac
- Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)
- Semi-destructible environments(think AK, no buildings are falling over)
- Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)
- Set within the Arkhamverse
- Tons of easter eggs to Superman's lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise

Rocksteady and WB Montreal are also working on a joint multiplayer game (Hence the multiplayer hirings on Rocksteady's site). This is for a planned Justice League game down the road. They had to nail Superman first. Announcement should be incoming about a couple weeks before E3. (One of those "see more/gameplay at E3 type of reveals)
other than the mass effect 3 ending, has anything leaked on 4chan turned out to be true?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Whatever Rocksteady is doing right now, i'm sure that their new game will be announced soon and for sure this year. Also, cosindering how good of a job they did using the latest version of UE3 to develop AK (the absolute best looking UE3 game visually - PC, native 4K).... holy shit, i can't wait to see what they did with UE4.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a way to make a good Superman game, seems like the character is just too powerful to translate into a video game.

But if anyone could do it I guess it's Rocksteady.

other than the mass effect 3 ending, has anything leaked on 4chan turned out to be true?

I remember once reading a rumor from an "insider" that Sony was going to retire Playstation after the "failure" of the PS3.

So yeah, take what you read on there with a grain of salt.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Rocksteady has previously commented that they are done with the Batman franchise, however whether they will move onto an original IP or another Warner Brothers property (any other DC character / Mad Max / The Matrix / Lethal Weapon / Ace Ventura etc) is anybody's guess.

Ace Ventura... I'm trying to fathom the conversion into anything but a telltale-esqe experience.

I wonder if there is a way to make a good Superman game, seems like the character is just too powerful to translate into a video game.

Simple, don't make him overpowered. Just because he may be overpowered in the comics, doesn't mean Rocksteady has to follow what the comics are doing. If we can get a semi-realistic Batman series(The Dark Knight Trilogy), race-bending characters(Tom Hardy as bane or BD Wong as Hugo Strange), a non-overpowered Superman is plausible.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

There can be a good Superman game if it gets big budget and the developes are given time to make it great like Arkham games. Superman Returns game was a step in the right direction but it still wasn't very good:

Last edited:

A.Romero

What if Brainiac used some kind of weapon to diminish Superman's powers or interfered with the sun's radiation?

I think there are some ways to make superman no to be all powerful.

ruvikx

Banned
They should simply continue making Batman games. To all those who say "we need something new, i.e. a new IP!" I say "just look at Nintendo with Zelda, Mario etc.".

No need for constant risks & 'new' experiences (many of which are sh*t), just give me more Bats with better graphics & constantly evolving combat/gameplay. I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

What if Brainiac used some kind of weapon to diminish Superman's powers or interfered with the sun's radiation?

I think there are some ways to make superman no to be all powerful.
pretty much this, give him the abilities he is known (strength,flight,heat/xray vision, cold breath but dont make it so powerful that he can fly around the earth changing its rotation and send it back in time lmao. Enviroment should 100% be destructible like Arkham Knight if not a little more tho.

Whatever Rocksteady is doing right now, i'm sure that their new game will be announced soon and for sure this year. Also, cosindering how good of a job they did using the latest version of UE3 to develop AK (the absolute best looking UE3 game visually - PC, native 4K).... holy shit, i can't wait to see what they did with UE4.
If im being honest other than what an amazing job they did with the trilogy of Batman games this is one of the biggest reasons as to why im so excited to see what they got. This gen we legit havent seen a new game from em other than AK which as mentioned was on an old engine.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/418163332

> Title: Superman
> Developer: Rocksteady
> Gameplay coming in at Microsoft's Conference, running on Xbox One X
> Reveal trailer shows Brainiac's assault on Metropolis and a weakened/battered Superman
> Gameplay will demonstrate flying and combat against some of Brainiac's drones.
> website is supermangame.com. It's blocked right now, but will be up at time of reveal.

It's almost as if they released a major game less than two years ago which got tons of DLC and then a VR game at the end of last year.
I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed Batman VR. I kind of wish they would make something similar for Bioshock. It would be so cool to see some aspects of that world in VR and get a better sense of scale for everything.

Hell while we're at it, if developers wanted to make simple, VR excursions kind of like interactive art books of their most popular games, I would really enjoy that. Mass Effect would be incredible.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/418163332

> Title: Superman
> Developer: Rocksteady
> Gameplay coming in at Microsoft's Conference, running on Xbox One X
> Reveal trailer shows Brainiac's assault on Metropolis and a weakened/battered Superman
> Gameplay will demonstrate flying and combat against some of Brainiac's drones.
> website is supermangame.com. It's blocked right now, but will be up at time of reveal.

Damn they created this a while back:

Domain Name: SUPERMANGAME.COM
Registry Domain ID: 85109938_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Updated Date: 2017-03-01T10:08:31Z
Creation Date: 2002-04-02T16:16:34Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-02T15:16:34Z
Registrar: MarkMonitor Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 292
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abusecomplaints@markmonitor.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.2083895740
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS1-A8.WARNERBROS.COM
Name Server: NS2-A8.WARNERBROS.COM
Name Server: NS3-A8.WARNERBROS.COM
Name Server: NS4-A8.WARNERBROS.COM

DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-04-18T04:24:01Z <<<

Wonder how many failed iterations in between.

KevinKeene

Banned
As of now I still think that a good Superman game is impossible due to the nature of Superman. I'll be paying close attention, though.

Mr Hyde

Well, at least Rocksteady doesn't have to feel any pressure to surpass earlier games with Superman in it, since the bar was set at an all time low on the N64. When I think of it, Batman also used to star in shitty games before Rocksteady came aboard and the changed the game, so maybe they can do wonders with the Man of Steel.

I'm fairly confident it's Superman, this was 3 weeks ago the leak came out, many people asked them about that leak on Twitter and they are dead silent on it, their not denying it.

Being so close to E3, it feels like that leak may have been a plant set up by Rocksteady to get some hype and rumors going before the big show. I'm far from a conspericy theorist, but the timing of this rumor with no denial is not so coincidental IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom