• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Fat4all

Banned
Can science dog and the bear of love find love from each other?

Find out on the next episode of: Quarantine!

u r

97AURpJ.gif

suffocating me

bear, stop eating everything

#FitnessAgent???

Verelios, Natiko, Sawneeks, Kawl are sane people who dislikes pineapples on pizza

THE REST OF YOU DO NEED TO BE CURED OF YOUR INSANITY. GOOD THAT SOME OF YOU ARE IN THIS GAME. YOU NEED DOCTORS.

>:O

What is up with so many Gafia members being monsters that like weird stuff on their pizzas. You're all heathens.

Pineapple, meatballs, and pulled pork BBQ.

What will really make us play heathens is if I told you I sometimes swap the sauce with BBQ sauce...

All delicious...

Karkador

Banned
My local pizza place is great. It's a pizza/Italian restaurant, and I think pretty much everything ive tried there is good.

A few weeks ago I got their chicken roll, which is similar to a calzone, but not so much a pocket of mouth-burning stuff. This is chicken and mozz cheese wrapped up in their pizza dough, baked to a satisfying outer crisp with a melted cheesy center. They accompany it with a nice marinara as a dipping sauce, and I like the cool texture of it on the hot cheese. This being NYC, the dough is famous for being consistently pretty good. They say it's the water.

Water is what I found myself staring at later that night, when the stomach virus took hold of me. Digested and liquified chicken roll was coming up and out my mouth and nose, into the toilet bowl I was heaving and screaming guttural "Fucks" at. The crust had returned to a smooth, starchy suspension. The sauce colored it all like fire (and burned a bit like it too), I still can't really take the smell of that sauce. I didn't really see the chicken or the cheese.

I did about 4 or 5 sets of that, til there seemed to be none of it left, and my body hurt. One of the worst times in my life I can remember, as I was totally out for a few days.

Anyway, I worked up the courage to eat there last week, and it was good.

franconp

My local pizza place is great. It's a pizza/Italian restaurant, and I think pretty much everything ive tried there is good.

A few weeks ago I got their chicken roll, which is similar to a calzone, but not so much a pocket of mouth-burning stuff. This is chicken and mozz cheese wrapped up in their pizza dough, baked to a satisfying outer crisp with a melted cheesy center. They accompany it with a nice marinara as a dipping sauce, and I like the cool texture of it on the hot cheese. This being NYC, the dough is famous for being consistently pretty good. They say it's the water.

Water is what I found myself staring at later that night, when the stomach virus took hold of me. Digested and liquified chicken roll was coming up and out my mouth and nose, into the toilet bowl I was heaving and screaming guttural "Fucks" at. The crust had returned to a smooth, starchy suspension. The sauce colored it all like fire (and burned a bit like it too), I still can't really take the smell of that sauce. I didn't really see the chicken or the cheese.

I did about 4 or 5 sets of that, til there seemed to be none of it left, and my body hurt. One of the worst times in my life I can remember, as I was totally out for a few days.

Anyway, I worked up the courage to eat there last week, and it was good.

So, you are admitting being a infected?

That was easy.

acohrs

What is the best crust dip sauce?

obviously garlic and herb or blue cheese, anything else and you're a freak

Swamped

Banned
So I have 5 minutes to find a related avatar? Let me munch on my pineapple, fig and blue cheese pizza while I search for something

This is not a drill this is a code red. Attention to all in the building. There is an outbreak of the Araxia virus, and we will need to place Lakeshore Pharmatech under quarantine.

As you know, the Araxia virus was discovered on the island of Araxia. An island situated off the western coast of South America. When a person becomes infected with Araxia, their cognitive functions become greatly reduced rendering them feral and violent. An infected human is commonly called an Araxoid. Araxoids are very dangerous and can kill without warning. What's most dangerous however is when the infection advances to what we call stage 2. At a stage 2 infection, the Araxoid's intelligence returns to human-like levels, as well they gain the ability to infect other humans.

We cannot let this outbreak produce a stage 2 Araxoid. That would be catastrophic. The building's Aroxometer is currently giving a reading of 1. When the reading has returned to 0 it means, the outbreak has been contained. A reading of 5 is very bad, we don't have the means to combat an outbreak of that level. If the Aroxometer reading creeps all they way up to 10 then the quarantine has failed.

30 minutes ago, during a routine check of the Araxia Containment Vault, the security seals on the door were found breached, and shattered vials of virus samples were strewn everywhere. Amongst them, a still lifeless corpse lay bathed in the eerily blue substance.

cabot has died.

Reading Your Role PM:

Let’s quickly go over the finer points of the standard Role PM.

Director

Description:

You are the head researcher at Lakeshore Pharmatech.
Your title and description. A basic explanation of what you are.
Alignment:

Your alignment is to Lakeshore (This means town).

Your alignment.

Goal:

You win when all infected with Araxia have been eliminated.

Your win condition

Abilities:

Leadership - Your vote counts as 3 votes.

These are any special abilities your character might have. Abilities are passive, and always in effect. In this case, the director has a the special ability “Leadership” which cause their votes to count as 3 votes rather than just 1.

Commands:

You have no special commands. But you can VOTE:.

These are special commands you may submit to the moderator. In this case the director has none.

History:

You died night 0.

This is privileged information that your character is likely to know. It won't be revealed to anyone, even if you die. Use it wisely; it might just help us stop this quarantine.

And there is a reason I chose this Role Card as the sample. It's because if we're to contain this quarantine, we'll need a new director. So for today only, instead of voting who to lynch, we'll be electing a leader to take charge of this situation.

Use the VOTE: command to elect the player you feel should be the director. Self-votes will not be counted. If we have a tie, the role will be awarded to whoever reached that tally first. (Example: If Jane and John both have 4 votes, and Jane reached 4 votes at post #275, while John reached that amount at post #308, then Jane will be the director)

The election will run until the end of the day phase. You have 3 days.

tur_1485381600.png

Good luck.

Day 1 begins.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well there goes my plans to vote for LP

btw, just some instant thoughts, but currently the Araxia meter is reading 1 meaning maybe there is only 1 Scum right now? And since this whole thing is based around infections/viruses I'd take a guess and say it spreads, meaning recruiting Scum members.

Would also explain why we can't lynch today. If Scum only have 1 member then we could feasibly end the game today and that would be no fun. So I'm guessing no lynch choice is so they can set up a team.

also, how is everyone today?

Burbeting

Banned
So this is some type of dictatorship-mafia that we ran as a live game not long ago?

A lot of questions going to the beginning of the game.

Is the Araxometer some sort of game mechanic that will play later to the game?
Will the Araxoids be able to infect town players, which would partly make this a cult-game type of game?
What kind of powers will the director be given?

Natiko

Banned
Well there goes my plans to vote for LP

btw, just some instant thoughts, but currently the Araxia meter is reading 1 meaning maybe there is only 1 Scum right now? And since this whole thing is based around infections/viruses I'd take a guess and say it spreads, meaning recruiting Scum members.

Would also explain why we can't lynch today. If Scum only have 1 member then we could feasibly end the game today and that would be no fun. So I'm guessing no lynch choice is so they can set up a team.

also, how is everyone today?

I'm doing quite well! How about yourself Saw?

I think that's a good point - given that we were given a range of which it can reach. It also talks about there being different phases to the disease which seems like it could possibly be relevant.

Kalor

So this is some type of dictatorship-mafia that we ran as a live game not long ago?

A lot of questions going to the beginning of the game.

Is the Araxometer some sort of game mechanic that will play later to the game?
Will the Araxoids be able to infect town players, which would partly make this a cult-game type of game?
What kind of powers will the director be given?

The benefit might just be the triple vote that is in the sample role. Although there must be something else to it because the infected have no reason not to kill the director N1 unless they get the role.

Natiko

Banned
Right, checking again it seems the directors vote will count as three votes. Does that mean there will be no D1 lynch?

So it would seem. It also means that our D1 votes are far more important than usual. Mislynches happen, it's a part of the game. If we managed to grant scum this power it would be very, very bad.

Verelios

Okay, okay, I know what everyone is thinking. Who is this strapping lad standing on an ivory soapbox saying he should be Ki...Director? I sympathize, truly I do, and while some of you may know me, others may know me less (forget them, they don't matter) but this I can say for sure.

If you make me Director I can bring you freedom. I can bring you riches. I can bring you victory! (Addendum here:May not actually be victory) Together we can flush out these infected scum and rid the world of their scourge! Together we can get off this god forsaken island and back into civilization! This I promise you! (Not applicable to be upheld by law). We can survive!

Karkador

Banned
Were apparently voting for somebody to get a power. The power is that they will have 3 votes instead of 1 for the rest of the game.

Top Bottom