• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

ZangBa

Good luck to you all on the MP boss, that is one fucked up joke of a fight. I would bring a Radiant Shield. I used mine on Vincent with breaks. That last phase is so fucked up. I eventually mastered it with group where I'd say 60% of the damage done to the boss was reflected.

Good luck to you all on the MP boss, that is one fucked up joke of a fight. I would bring a Radiant Shield. I used mine on Vincent with breaks. That last phase is so fucked up. I eventually mastered it with group where I'd say 60% of the damage done to the boss was reflected.

I keep bringing shield but either get disconnected or my team is moronic...bunch of Cloud's with no paralyze resist.

Balphon

When I did the 160 I ran into a few people who didn't read that it was immune to wind in its last form. It was a bit funny, really.

Vanille with BSB and memento of prayer healed the last form fine. Hard to tell whether gravity (KO) or paralyze resist is better for the earlier forms, though.

ZangBa

When I did the 160 I ran into a few people who didn't read that it was immune to wind in its last form. It was a bit funny, really.

Vanille with BSB and memento of prayer healed the last form fine. Hard to tell whether gravity (KO) or paralyze resist is better for the earlier forms, though.

I only did the 220 since I'm saving stamina for Sundaily. Definitely paralyze resist, no question. I don't know how much easier 160 is but the 220 was a nightmare.

Balphon

I only did the 220 since I'm saving stamina for Sundaily. Definitely paralyze resist, no question. I don't know how much easier 160 is but the 220 was a nightmare.

I did both; the 160 is easier unless people insist on continuing to use wind attacks in the last form even after seeing them bounce off.

He seems to hit with more gravity attacks but paralyze is way more debilitating, especially on the wrong person. Probably comes down to RNG.

j2H6Fg0l.png

MP 220 done, I forgot the debuff

iNIgjo9.gif

WarAdept

CM, Apoc and JS for V was so pathetically easy, it wasn't even worth screenshotting.

I think I got hit like 3 times on the CM. Should've brought a 4th DPS instead of Lenna.

Finally got that crap MP done. As the other guy said, if you don't have Radiant Shield on team, you'll probably lose. Besides my Curilla and OK with Affliction Break...the MVP was Iris with double proc burst.

MP connectivity issues have to be on Denas end. Amazing how it eased up as the night progressed.

I must've gotten real lucky on the mp, both pugs mastered first time. Didn't use radiant shield. I used stat+ acc on the 160 and anti ko on the other. Ran the standard vaan yuna combo, vaan crazy non elemental damage and I have a 6+ dagger in realm, so he didn't care about shift changes. Need one or two instant heals,timing is otherwise very difficult.

friz898

What's your Bismarck strat / team build? Don't have any Thunder Boost gear for TGC, unfortunately. Usually he is on a Holy team rocking his 6*+ OSB Sword w/ Basch's Shield and Imperil Holy BSB Beatrix. Just used that to melt the XI Apoc, actually.

Support Units: BSB/DT Alphi, Shout Ramza, BSB Onion, BSB/Wall Tyro, BSB Fran, BSB Lion, Dual SSB Barret

Healers: BSB Vanille, USB/LM Relm, USB/BSB Aerith, BSB2 Yuna

Other Lightning peeps: EnLightning BSB Ashe and Imperil Lightning BSB Laguna

Yes, what MCA said. Use Ashe BSB with magic buffs and +lightning gear. My Ashe was doing 8kx4 on cmd 1 with a heal to her self.

Xetherion

I did the MP raid without Radiant Shield, but then I have a LD Zidane with overstrike and we also had a Cloud w/ ultra and burst2.

Zidane was hitting 99999 with overstrike while boss was weak to wind, after the revive he hit for 52k and then 57k after another atk buff was added to the mix.

I'd say the key to this fight was our Eiko though. She had Angel Song to remove sap, and had Guardian's Mog to instaheal from the hp=1 move.

Tidd

Pls, guys. MP fight is easy. Just do it yourself. No lag, instant casts are actually instant! Squall, Vaan, Ramza, Rosa and Selphie had no problems with him.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't enjoy things like the guy with wall choosing to BSB first turn, the Alphinaud with Radiant Shield choosing to BSB and proceed to do 3k damage a turn, the one guy with Full Break not using it the entire fight despite constant emote spamming resulting in a Novice clear, no. I'm pretty sure the clean majority of FFRK players would find a way to stand in fire and die in a game with no fire.

A dedicated MP group that always plays a couple of hours after each Apoc raid opens is where it's at.

Tidd

You don't enjoy the MP aspect of the game?

I enjoy it when the fight doesn't have mechanics that can screw you because of lag.

Example for this fight:

MP: Maelstrom -> I'm using an instantcast medica (does nothing because for some reason (lag?) it's not instant) -> sap -> last stand -> sap -> dead or if someone wasn't sapped or had a heal stock -> finally casts the medica.

SP: Maelstrom -> Instantcast medica -> heal -> sap -> no problems.

The worst thing that happened was against Nemesis. He used like 3 or 4 attacks before my Rosa could actually cast her instant USB.

And this is even more ridiculous. Your bursts modes are even shorter in MP because of this bullshit sap mechanic: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6xw7ia/four_as_one_multiplayer_megathread/dmk428l/

friz898

Well ya, I don't like duds.

Having a dedicated group or core of people is always better. I wish I had the time in my life to play a dedicated group in a real MMO where everybody is always the same level and the class assortment is perfect etc.

That being said, unless people here start something up, I'm not sure how I'd get that.

I installed the discord a long time ago, used it for 2 months or so, but only really ever saw Falk and Waradept posting. It seemed like the forum would accomplish the same thing, but reach many more people, but then again a dedicated group would be nice.

As for lag Tidd, I don't know, isn't it just processing the order of turns and your button press for the insta was after everything else? (Edit: I read your link, glad I lucked out in the d220 this week)

I will say, it was really weird in a laggy game once where I had my first char full ability time done, waiting his turn to do his ability and my second guy selected an ability and depleted the timer and cast/used the skill before my first guy! I was like huh?!

Kain

I didn't try MP in a while (the last five or six events I managed on my own) and I got a surprisingly strong and clever group. We basically turtled the boss with four dedicated healers but it went just GREAT. Slow but great.

I went with Iris BSB and Faris USB2 and had no problem at all, no deaths and Maelstrom was a non issue due to so much healing. Good stuff.

VII Torment on Wednesday.
JS Wisdom and CM Vitality 5 star motes.

Weak to Wind under 30 percent according to Reddit.

Doesn't do me much good. Wisdom is alright but nobody to dive ATM. Have a crap ton of Vitality already.

I have less than 10 4star motes for everything but Bravery. Which doesnt help my prospects of getting to Legend Grids.

Probably time to take Cait Sith to 99.

Cloud OSB
Cait Sith SSB
Aeris USB
Strago BSB
OK BSB or Garnet SSB for Haste-RES

Will probably have to be my team.

Falk

that puzzling face
I installed the discord a long time ago, used it for 2 months or so, but only really ever saw Falk and Waradept posting. It seemed like the forum would accomplish the same thing, but reach many more people, but then again a dedicated group would be nice.

A lot of the bigger communities on GaaS stuff on GAF have moved to Discord, but for some reason FFRK never really did.

Honestly it probably happens a lot more organically than having Discord solely for MP stuff. If there's more reason to hang out there for other things, then generally there'd be more people willing to chip in to do raids at any given point of time.

Usually does mean the OTs slow down quite a bit though - see Granblue.

friz898

I like to build up 3 magicites so I can tackle the same one three times and get in a rythym, hitting the same one to get a magicite fully broken before moving down the line.

Us Lesser Noobs like me are just trying to get more sub-1min clears! lol

Falk, where do I sign up to join the cool club for dedicated MP groups?! Unless you have RL friends who play? I have 2, neither made it past like lvl 30.

Falk

that puzzling face
it's a different community but i'm game to do GAF runs whenever there's interest and I have some stamina.

Xetherion

Us Lesser Noobs like me are just trying to get more sub-1min clears! lol

Falk, where do I sign up to join the cool club for dedicated MP groups?! Unless you have RL friends who play? I have 2, neither made it past like lvl 30.

I use the r/ffrk subreddit discord. It's way more active, especially on the day when a new MP comes out.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's probably a better bet. Not much point splintering the userbase for one of the smaller English speaking gacha game communities.

friz898

That's an even worse cool club Falk, it's almost like you cannot speak it's name!

Jokes aside.

Ok Xeth, I don't know anybody's name on Reddit, but I did do the raid before last with a MisterP (lol).

I figure anybody who is hardcore enough to go to all the trouble must be pretty dedicated and know the ins and outs of the game.

It would be aweomse to have a consistent MP userbase here on Gaf. I've grouped with Balphon on accident, and I helped Anustart beat a raid on purpose.

I think we have about 15-25 daily/weekly posters here and untold amount of drive-bys and lurkers. But not sure how to actually get it to be a thing to catch-on.

Back to you Xeth, it's a good suggestion, I'll try that out this upcoming Sunday.

friz898

Arrrrgh.

Twice now I've been on pace to beat Hydra at :59-1:05.

Not quite what I was looking for, but better than my first clear which was 1:11. Progress is progress.

But! I brought more dps and less healing to accomplish this and I keep dying at the very end. I can easily switch back to my original setup, but bleh.

I think I'm going to figure out a different way to cover things...

Xetherion

The problem with the small userbase here, other than the size, is we're in different timezones. I'm in the Pacific timezone, but it seems like a lot of the others here are in Europe or Australia, so we're not really on at the same times.

I don't really know anybody on the subreddit either, but their discord multiplayer lobby is active enough on Sundays that it's easy to find a group with random other people on there. Then your group goes to one of the multiplayer channels and plans party comp and ability set, and it's pretty easy from there. Sometimes, like this most recent raid, we get a noob in the group that doesn't know the game very well, but we just help them out and teach them what they need to know (this kid didn't know how wrath/entrust worked, he used entrust without wrathing first lol).

friz898

Alright, Hydra down a second time. Time was 1:07. 4 seconds better, I'll take it for now.

Setup was about same as last time, but I dont think I had Ramza last time, unsure. Oh and speaking of setups, this is the first time in a very long time I've used the "favorites" feature. There is so much changing out with magicite, resist accessories, and often at least one different dps'er, that it's tedious.

Relm - Protectga/Curada - Gathering Storm (No earth resist, but fully dived and takes less elemental damage) - BSB
Alphinaud - Shellga/Curaja - Mogs Teachings (major earth resist) - Radiant Shield SSB
Ramza - ArmorBreakdown/Wrath - Mako Might (mod earth resist) - Shout and USB
Cid(XIV) - Affliction Break/Full Break - Haste w/atk+def bonus (mod earth ressit) - Imperil BSB
Tifa - Meteor Monk Move/LifeSiphon - Much More Earth Damage (mod earth resist) - enEarth BSB

Magicite - Golem, then various Dampen Lightning, Empower Earth. Golem only level 50.

Same as before. I found that I didnt need to start out with Relm's BSB to survive, so I put that on Ramza so that he would have two full bars fairly quickly. Alphinaud was in charge of Shellga and RW-Wall casts when not healing or SSB'ing.

Ramza just built up Wrath and then did his two buffs back to back.

Cid was relegated, like Alphi, for taking care of other stuff. I've seen that Affliction Break does help, and he had Full break for something to do. I had LifeSiphon on him before for more imperil but decided I wanted that on Tifa instead (I only keep one copy of everything). He did get imperil on twice.

Tifa, had a +35 attack accessory trying to squeeze out every bit of damage for a lower time, but after a few deaths (she only has 6500 hps at level 99) I finally caved in and gave her Earth Resist with +atk on it. Meteor Crush, like chain spells, did more than cmd 1 did. Meteor crush was always 9999x2. Cmd 1 was 4600 (one time 5200) x4.

Entry, after buffs and enElement for second BSB cast was 7200x8. I'll get Hydra sub 1min soon, probably just need a couple more Hydra and Golem clears for lightning/earth.

Last but not least, I saw something new to me. So if it's new to me, then it may be to someone else. I had imperil on Hydra "1", and then I did Cid Cmd2 for chance at imperil, and instead of going to "2" it went to "1+".

Lol it's obvious what it meant, but I didn't even know that was possible. Interestingly enough, when I did a real imperil again from his BSB, it went from "1+" to 3 (Skull). Also another time, it was on "2" and I landed cmd2 debuff, and it went to Skull.

I'm sure I can google and figure out the math, but it's more about the fact that I guess there is incremental imperil beyond 1/2/Skull.

Also, I guess I did a weekly Cid mission, so I have another keystone. Probably should go do Bismarck again with my upgraded Lightning magicites. They'll all be 65 instead of 50 this time.

ccbfan

Bismarck is destroying me.

I can't seem to survive to the 1 minute mark which to my calculations should allow me to kill him by then. I have water resist gear and tried 2 healers but still failed.

I started using

TG Cid (LS, HS) (Tyro weakness damage RM)(OSB)
Garnet (Curaja, Protectga) (Ace Striker) (BSB2)
Ramza (LS, Entrust) (DMT) (Shout)
Tyro (Wrath, Entrust) (Battleforge) (None, just entust)
Ysho (Ultra Cure, Shellga) (MM) (BSB)

but I couldn't survive long enough so I switch to double healer BSB.

Eiko (Curaja, Protectga) (Ace Striker) (BSB)
Gordon (Wrath, Entrust) (Battleforge) (magic/atk up ssb)

I could survive a little longer but I still can't survive long enough.

I also have Shanotto CSB and Ashe BSB so I've also tried a few mage parties but I can't seem to survive even with 2 healers.

Falk

that puzzling face
5/6 all under a minute now. Golem left

The only wind things of note I have are Faris imperil BSB, Fujin attach SSB and Luneth fully dived with his BSB, but that barely makes a dent (thanks cloud you cockmongler)

I've gotten it to 50% in 30 seconds with ninjas (none are dived) but lacking the staying power right now due to hones, so that route is definitely doable but a bit more of a long-term thing with orbfarming and probably diving Edge because Edge, but that'll be after 30A.

friz898

The only wind things of note I have are Faris imperil BSB, Fujin attach SSB and Luneth fully dived with his BSB, but that barely makes a dent (thanks cloud you cockmongler)

I've gotten it to 50% in 30 seconds with ninjas (none are dived) but lacking the staying power right now due to hones, so that route is definitely doable but a bit more of a long-term thing with orbfarming and probably diving Edge because Edge, but that'll be after 30A.

I've always wanted Luneth's BSB. I'm surprised you can't build around him, does it simply not do enough damage?

All I had was Alphi BSB and Zidane BSB, for a 1:21 time.

Edit: I had also worked in Tyro as a backup healer/support, so that I could cast wall at 1min-1min-15seconds.

friz898

I can't seem to survive to the 1 minute mark which to my calculations should allow me to kill him by then. I have water resist gear and tried 2 healers but still failed.

I started using

Garnet (Curaja, Protectga) (Ace Striker) (BSB2)
Tyro (Wrath, Entrust) (Battleforge) (None, just entust)

but I couldn't survive long enough so I switch to double healer BSB.

Eiko (Curaja, Protectga) (Ace Striker) (BSB)
Gordon (Wrath, Entrust) (Battleforge) (magic/atk up ssb)

I could survive a little longer but I still can't survive long enough.

I also have Shanotto CSB and Ashe BSB so I've also tried a few mage parties but I can't seem to survive even with 2 healers.

I feel like Ashe BSB is all you need, bonus for having Shan's and TG Cids.

Do you have the tools to buff Ashe's magic 3 ways and still have 2-3 healers? if you go that route, you can finish it.

Oh and I guess important, are the people who matter 99 and are they all lightning resist? Do you have a major resist? What healing BSB's do you have?

Edit:

My times range from :56-1:39, but Bismarck is my :56. I feel like if you have something akin to:

Healer - Shell/Big Cure
Healer - Prot/ Big Cure
Support - Arise? Multi Break? Wrath? // Big Cure - (and this person also be responsible for refreshing wall at 35 seconds, and Magicite summon.

Lightning Dps'er (Magic be best since buffing Ashe)
Ashe - Lightning or Sudden Thunder // Chain Lightning.

If you have at least chain thunder at r2 or r3, then you won't even need another lightning spell -- use it to just build up your bar, if you have Ashe with all the best magic gear you own, plus buffed, plus on her second cast, she'll be enLightning -- then she'll do 28-32k a round, leaving Chain Thunder back at 20k.

Just based off what you typed up, I would suggest Shan or Garnet for your other dps'er, but maybe TG Cid too, if any of your buffs include Atk buff too (like Lenna and Ramza USB's for me)

I really think you could do this no problem.

Got my first sub 30 Magicite clear, against Bismarck. Feels good.

My MVP is Alph and radiant shield, so if you have it, use it. I beat all of the bosses thanks to that SB.
Radiant Shield and Ninja Magic was the crux of all my Magicite dungeon Masters where I lacked strong elemental SBs. Also works great as supplements.

Iscariot

I've always wanted Luneth's BSB. I'm surprised you can't build around him, does it simply not do enough damage?

I think any physical dps that's not USB powered Cloud will struggle on Golem.

Not sure if Strago's BSB returns for the VI event coming, but it mercs Golem. cmd2 i think acts like ninja magic, but sans any real cap.

Falk

that puzzling face

Even with a crit meta, physical BSBs/OSBs outside of spellblade/chase memes are outperformed by magic. Add to the fact Golem is pretty much the epitome of anti-physical and we have a problem.

Luneth wrecks everything else though, so it's not a problem with him. I use a wind stack on p much all pre-Magicite hard content (Luneth, Faris, Tiamat, Meltdown, Snowspell Strike) ignoring vulnerabilities.

I think any physical dps that's not USB powered Cloud will struggle on Golem.

Not sure if Strago's BSB returns for the VI event coming, but it mercs Golem. cmd2 i think acts like ninja magic, but sans any real cap.

Yeah I'm aware of the piercing SBs. Just not banking luck on pulls
im falk after all
so I'm just going to go with Ninja Raging Winds spam as a baseline and then see what I pull for 30A.

friz898

I've only beat Golem once, and I didn't try any before that time, so I completely forgot he was so anti-physical. In fact, I think I ended up taking Zidane out, and putting another magic user or ninja user there. My bad.

Ya, it goes without saying Alphi Radiant Shield is king. Bonus if you have a source of Hastega to stack with it.

4/6 I've gone pure mage 1 entrust-physocal Bismark and one mixed liquid flame.

A base of alphinaud with dt and papylymo with ley lines makes for decent chances of clearing. Also have raines to throw in there. Add exdeath with grand cross and meltdown and someone with vailgarmanda. ...

If it helps, here is my Bismarck setup.

Ashe (BSB and OSB just as a finisher)
Rapha (BSB) - MAG/RES buff
Rikku (USB) - ATK/MAG buff
Yuna (BSB) - MAG/MND buff
Y'shtola (BSB)

The bulk of the damage comes from Ashe's BSB. Rapha fits in well here because in addition to lightning damage and tertiary heals, her BSB provides a third stacking party MAG bonus. But it's really the Ashe show. I could sub in, say, Raines for her and it would work just as well.

For me, this is the easiest Magicite. With two healers I'm never in serious danger of dying and I can consistently finish it in a little under a minute.

Here is my physical team which took Golem out in just over a minute.

Zidane had BSB2
Zack BSB
Ramza Shout, Chant and USB
Yuna USB
Eiko BSB

Even though Zidane was LD, my two healer set up was too good and he didn't enter his trance mode until Golem had about 20% of his health left. I had to actively avoid healing him in order for his health to drop low enough.

My next go I'll replace Yuna for Alphinaud or Fujin to get it under a minute.

ZangBa

What are your hones like? I was able to do it in under a minute with ninjas, here's an old post a made:

Surprised how easy Golem was for me just using Ninja abilities and Radiant Shield, no DPS SB's necessary. 54 seconds using Fujin and Shadow, no dives, with R3 Raging Storm and R4 Gust. Extra damage from Alipinaud casting Meltdown and Tiamat, Papalymo as second healer with Ley Lines and Y'shtola of course. Mastered it, too. Would have been faster if Fujin didn't die near the end but I'm just happy I beat it, with no S/L's too!

Top Bottom