• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I still don't get how things like this:
thumb640x360.jpg

Can get so many responses when there are others criminally undersupported.

It's just a bucket of Storm Troopers ffs.

its fine, it won't happen - can't, because Hasbro has the 'action figure' license for star wars so Lego can't release 'figure only' sets.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My biggest issue with that bucket is there's no design gone into it thought. At least with models the designer had to create the model from some source material if it's based off something but this guy just put 100 pre-existing minifigures together and did a crappy job putting the label on the bucket.

its fine, it won't happen - can't, because Hasbro has the 'action figure' license for star wars so Lego can't release 'figure only' sets.
Phew.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My biggest issue with that bucket is there's no design gone into it thought. At least with models the designer had to create the model from some source material if it's based off something but this guy just put 100 pre-existing minifigures together and did a crappy job putting the label on the bucket.

A lot of Cuusoo is like that though. They should put in some filtering/requirements for posting so that at least some thought needs to be put in

Phew.

Some people just want a massive stormtrooper army. I am one of those people....I just haven't done it since it would be pretty costly.

Phew.

It is a pretty lazy submission, but his submission isnt hurting anything. It isnt taking away votes from anything else.

It is a pretty lazy submission, but his submission isnt hurting anything. It isnt taking away votes from anything else.

How is it lazy? It presents a bad ass idea (imo) that doesn't really need anything other than a ton of awesome minifigs. It is solely there for people like me who dream of having a massive army. I agree he/she could have done a nicer graphic for the bucket but it is not terrible considering they are probably not graphic artists.

That project was on of the first I ever saw before I knew that site existed and my first thought was "that's badass!" Again I can understand why some wouldn't like it though.

How is it lazy? It presents a bad ass idea (imo) that doesn't really need anything other than a ton of awesome minifigs. It is solely there for people like me who dream of having a massive army. I agree he/she could have done a nicer graphic for the bucket but it is not terrible considering they are probably not graphic artists.

That project was on of the first I ever saw before I knew that site existed and my first thought was "that's badass!" Again I can understand why some wouldn't like it though.

I have no idea why you are disagreeing with me since I am all for that submission existing. Based on what I can see though, it is just Photoshopped storm troopers with a boring bucket design. The idea can be bad ass, but the submission just seems lazy compared to others on the site.

I have no idea why you are disagreeing with me since I am all for that submission existing. Based on what I can see though, it is just Photoshopped storm troopers with a boring bucket design. The idea can be bad ass, but the submission just seems lazy compared to others on the site.

I was just mainly wondering why you considered it lazy. I can see where you are coming from though. It could be improved by making it a set based on some of the scenes in the death star where there are tons of troopers. Oh man a UCS of the shuttle bay would be sick...tons of troopers and Emperor's royal guards with a smaller shuttle would be fantastic but expensive.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd love a bucket of Stormtroopers, but not at the cost Lego would probably charge (if they could make it).

Here you go, sorry about picture quality:

i1Si7LP7XBFSD.JPG

nice - so June 1-30 for that, I'm guessing that'll be £50 again, so I might treat myself to the Town Hall and/or a second Pet Shop for modding.

In the UK, we still only have the May leaflets, and they have this offer:

RcZmI.jpg

Does that mean the UK lego stores Pick a brick walls will all be having these bricks in? Some of those (eg tan 1x bricks) would be really useful

ghostmind

Sopwith Camel available June 1st (as per the LEGO June flyer)
LotR sets available June 1st (as per Target.com)

June is going to be an expensive month for me.

Regarding the Cuusoo projects, it pains my heart to see all these licensed sets getting the big pushes due to IP fanbase (and mentions on late-night TV) while my favorite, the Modular Western Town limps along to the finish line.

VI1Jj.jpg

It will get there - only 1,200 more votes are needed - but if you think it is worthwhile, then please lend your support now, so that we can push this thing up to 10,000 all the faster.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to submit my idea of Collectable Minifigures Bucket. I'm going to get 10000 votes in a day.

xptoxyz

They're now doing reviews in batches so, next review is in June, and everything up until then will get reviewed together. So the town might end up coming out as soon as the rest, I'd say production would probably be faster than ones that require licenses that LEGO does not yet hold.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Regarding the Cuusoo projects, it pains my heart to see all these licensed sets getting the big pushes due to IP fanbase (and mentions on late-night TV) while my favorite, the Modular Western Town limps along to the finish line.

It will get there - only 1,200 more votes are needed - but if you think it is worthwhile, then please lend your support now, so that we can push this thing up to 10,000 all the faster.

its gone pretty quickly recently, perhaps buoyed by more visitors going to the website to vote for other things. Fingers crossed it might make the June review - they already have Lego people working on protos.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Pretty sure the western modular will get made. I voted for that, the Zelda project (which is also very close to 10k), and My Little Pony ^_^;;;

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Anyone looking to trade Minifig duplicates? I have two of the S7 Black Knight, Hippy, Tennis Player, and Bunny Rabbit I would love to see go to a good home.

Still need the Jungle Boy, Viking Girl, Punk Rock Girl, Swimmer, and Lil' Red Riding Hood.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't remember ever buying the collectible minifigs, but we sorted out our Lego last weekend and put all the minifigs on a large baseplate (we have enought to fill one) and it looks like we have a few. One and a half cheerleaders, a sumo guy, some angry dude that has guile hair?

We also have three woodys (very tall), two buzz lightyears and three really big pirate guys with feet nearly two studs long. No idea where they came from.

Does BrickLink have a way to look for the complete sets or even unopened boxes of minifigures? I am trying to search for either of them through the search with little luck.

Hero

I'm just saying, I would buy that Dark Bucket. I want an army of Stormtroopers but they're expensive as hell.

Fantomex

Definitely 'Evil Knight', he looks great. The hair on 'Daredevil' really gives me a GhostBuster's Egon vibe. But the 'Bride's' Lace headdress is so finicky to put on.

I haven't got te evil knight yet but I want it. I see you got the space marine, my favorite. I got him in a pack at legoland the other day. It's just so bulky and cool, I think one could make a good Commander Shepard out of that figure with very little trouble.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The little ship's cool.

Where do people find the polybags? I still want that little Batman one.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I was going to Bricklink the whole of the Avenger minifigs, but i'll probably wait for the polybags first. Hope they're out soon.

depths20XX

Got some series 6 and 7 Minifigures from TRU on lunch break after seeing them on here.

I did the feel the bag cheating method and got the space marine. Others I randomly picked were evil knight, roman soldier, bandit and pajama guy. Not bad. I want the minotaur though.

Oh also got Batman on the waverunner thing. 5 bucks for a Batman figure, why not.

Got some series 6 and 7 Minifigures from TRU on lunch break after seeing them on here.

I did the feel the bag cheating method and got the space marine. Others I randomly picked were evil knight, roman soldier, bandit and pajama guy. Not bad. I want the minotaur though.

Oh also got Batman on the waverunner thing. 5 bucks for a Batman figure, why not.

I picked up two of the batman waverunners. One for each of my girls to assemble, and I also have a runner for both batman and robin minifigs!

Naka

The little ship's cool.

Where do people find the polybags? I still want that little Batman one.

Batman was at Toys R Us. It seems that each retailer gets some exclusive polybags throughout the year. Walmart had the Star Destroyer, STAP and Tie Fighter a little over a month ago. Target had a Harry Potter set as well as a couple city sets. The problem is these tend to go fast or people buy a lot of them and resell them. People have done a pretty good job at making lists on Brickset for each of all the polybags and where the come from:

2012: http://www.brickset.com/brickLists/?6054
2011: http://www.brickset.com/brickLists/?4966

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom