• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naka

Thank you! =)

I used my Nikon D7000 with Nikkor 17-55mm f.2.8 DX lens...for lighting I used a desk lamp to the left as well as a Nikon SB-700 bounce flash mounted on-camera.

Nice! I have a Canon T3i but I'm still on the stock lens. I need to get some more lenses.

neonglow

The Millennium Falcon just went on sale for $126.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-7965

7965-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Grabbed the X-Wing and a Storm Trooper keychain to get over the $74 TC-14 requirement and grabbed three Series 7 figures. Gold Medal Swimmer, Tennis Player and the Daredevil. Was really hoping for the Black Knight or a Bunny Man but didn't have time to play feel the bag.

Almost picked up the Marvel set with Wolverine, Magneto and Deadpool, but kept on budget instead. :(

How much will this TC-14 raise in value and how much will it lose if I open it up?

rataven

There's also the new winter village set that hasn't been revealed yet.

This is definitely my most anticipated set, after the haunted house. I'd like to see them develop an official line for the winter village. I think the sets just fall under the 'seasonal' banner, but if they had their own branding, they could build on the theme, like adding in another holiday train similar to the 2006 model.

Got some S7 minifigs; Bagpiper, Rabbit man, Computer Nerd, Aztec Awrrior, Dark Night x 2 and Space Marine x 2. Just need a Hippy now.

It's very dangerous working 2 minutes away from a WHSmith which I pass twice a day. I can see myself getting many more Space Marines.

Naka

Welp, I decided against the SSD. I just was having a hard time spending that much money on it, especially considering I'm not sure where to put it. Instead I got the Millennium Falcon.

Naka

The falcon is a great build! I loved it

Yeah I'm excited for it. I thought the figures were more exciting as well. I'm really on the fence in general if I want the SSD. On the one hand it looks awesome and probably fun to build. On the other hand it's very expensive and I have no freaking idea where I would ever put it once it's built.

I'm still deciding whether to get the Shuttle and it may come down to whether the Lego store here still has it in stock by the time I get there. I don't know where I'll put it but there's a couple places where it could go if I thrown some shit out and rearrange.

But if I do that, I don't know where the Haunted House will go later.

Yeah I'm excited for it. I thought the figures were more exciting as well. I'm really on the fence in general if I want the SSD. On the one hand it looks awesome and probably fun to build. On the other hand it's very expensive and I have no freaking idea where I would ever put it once it's built.

That is my problem with it too...where the heck to put the thing. It looks fantastic though...same with the shuttle. I love it to death and it is one of my favorite vehicles from the series but that thing is way to big.

DJ_Lae

Oh man, I was all excited about the sale - I've never used the Lego site before, and I didn't realize how much different the prices were on the Canadian side (and the dollar is above par right now too)

Guess I'm not placing an order.

qpNts.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm still deciding whether to get the Shuttle and it may come down to whether the Lego store here still has it in stock by the time I get there. I don't know where I'll put it but there's a couple places where it could go if I thrown some shit out and rearrange.

But if I do that, I don't know where the Haunted House will go later.

Do it, it's an awesome model, good enough to have on display in pride of place.

And when haunted house comes out just break the shuttle down, you can rebuild it later

ruxtpin

Banned
Got the shuttle for 195, as I had $25 dollars in Lego store credit. Now I just have to wait about 4 weeks for it to ship. meh

ruxtpin

Banned
I was tempted to use my $25 in VIP points but I think I'm going to accumulate more with the dream of buying the Death Star one day.

I was considering the SSD, but I figured I'd try and draw the line around the $300 mark. I've got the Fire Brigade, that big alien HQ jeep/ship thing, and soon I'll have the Tydirium all sitting in boxes in my closet because I have no room for the sets. Before year end I hope to have the Town Hall, Pet Shop, R2, and UCS B-Wing... AND... Hopefully the LotR sets.

Naka

I was considering the SSD, but I figured I'd try and draw the line around the $300 mark. I've got the Fire Brigade, that big alien HQ jeep/ship thing, and soon I'll have the Tydirium all sitting in boxes in my closet because I have no room for the sets. Before year end I hope to have the Town Hall, Pet Shop, R2, and UCS B-Wing... AND... Hopefully the LotR sets.

You sound just like me... Haha!

Seanbob11

My girlfriend just bought me the Y-Wing and a keyring to push it over the £50 bracket! Nothing compared to what you guys are getting but I'm really excited for it!

Finally saw the UCS SSD today and I'm finding it pretty underwhelming. So those on the fence, don't worry about it. Granted I might be jaded by my UCS SD which I think looks infinitely better and was probably more fun to build.

Fantomex

My girlfriend just bought me the Y-Wing and a keyring to push it over the £50 bracket! Nothing compared to what you guys are getting but I'm really excited for it!

It's all about perspective. Some people might spend more but appreciate less ;) you got some good stuff!

I caved. Ended up ordering:

• Lego MBA Kit 1
  • Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
  • Series 7 minifigure
  • Series 6 minifigure

Will be getting the R2-D2 poster and TC-14 for free too.

I was tempted to use my $25 in VIP points but I think I'm going to accumulate more with the dream of buying the Death Star one day.

The Death Star is still my favorite of the 30+ sets I own. I bought it over a year ago with the intention to resell it once it went out of print. I held off on opening it for about a year. I finally caved and built that beauty. It was so worth it. It makes a great playset and display piece. I've also outfitted it with about 40 supplementary minifigs to enhance it whitch was a blast accumulating as well.

You need to spend $75 no? Otherwise I probably would.

You just have to spend 50. And you aren't limited to the Super Heroes sets either. At least that is what the people at my Lego store said.

Love the shiny figure, this is perhaps the first limited edition minifig I've gotten. Now what to buy in the coming weeks when you can snag that Hulk figure...

ghostmind

Picked my R2-D2 and had a chat with the store manager about the upcoming Sopwith. Sounds like my favorite LEGO designer, Jamie Berard, did the redesign of the set.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hmm, those TC's are going for $30-$50 on ebay...I'm tempted to actually spend the $75 now...

On the website, you just need $75 worth of any Lego set. Might be different instore.

In Canada/U.S. you definitely need to spend $75 on Star Wars merch. It clearly says so on the splash on the main store page.

edit: I just tried putting $75 worth of merch in my cart and it still gave the TC, strange...

Can't believe they're going for that much...if I knew it might net me some minifigures I want (Like Luna Lovegood or the Scarecrow among others), I'd probably sell mine.

In Canada/U.S. you definitely need to spend $75 on Star Wars merch. It clearly says so on the splash on the main store page.

edit: I just tried putting $75 worth of merch in my cart and it still gave the TC, strange...

Yup, see post earlier on this page. Any combination of items that clears $75 will get you TC-14, the poster & free shipping.

Fox Mulder

SSD is pretty skinny, and easily fits on top of bookshelves.

That's the main reason I'm probably going to take apart the UCS Falcon, and maybe sell it. It's a great piece, but takes up a ton of room, so I can't just put it on a shelf.

I've built my giant Lego set, now I'm just going to focus on "smaller" stuff that can be displayed. Like the POTC ships or modular buildings.

It's all about perspective. Some people might spend more but appreciate less ;) you got some good stuff!

Fuck GAF. I can't decide between SSD and R2D2. 350 dollars is a lot of cash. I guess it can go n the bar in my kitchen. I know it will easily double n value once it's discontinued but agh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom