• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Geass is the most anime of all the anime and still a great watch (spoiler free)

Linkark07

Banned
That's what I'm talking about. He started off a villain and then over the course of the story they made him a hero. The story is good but I kinda want a main character be a bad guy just as a change of pace. Everyone is always the good guy.

Then Death Note is perfect for you (unless you already watched it).

I would say Saga of Tanya the Evil too.

I agree with your assessment OP. Just rewatched Code Geass with my wife and it was just as good as I remembered it.

There's just something charming about the show and it's such an emotional roller coaster.

killatopak

First anime I watched on the same day of release.

Literally defined my anime preferences at the time which was mech, and emo shit.

fhqwhgads

It's the ultimate drunk watch to me. Completely over the top, completely melodramatic, completely emo angst, and that's why it's perfect for a drinking game with your buddies.

As an actual series yes it's a complete trainwreck and IMO one of the most overrated anime ever in terms of being actually good, but it easily fits the bill of so bad it's good.

As the ongoing saga of the pee pee tape suggests, reality can easily go beyond fiction in this field.

Nina's entire arch throughout the series is an interesting one IMO. While many make fun of the whole table scene,
I think it honestly does a good job of reinforcing her obsession with Euphie
. I think it does a GREAT job making people uncomfortable, and that's what they wanted to portray. Just how above and beyond her situation was.

It makes scenes like her trying to
suicide bomb her school with a nuclear weapon
both make a lot of sense and make her much more sympathetic IMO.

I honestly think people don't give that scene nearly enough credit. It's not something you normally see on TV and it's not played up fan service or for sexual arousal. It wasn't perfectly executed, but it definitely hints at things that come later.

Shahed

Code Geass has it's issues. Some plot points feel overly forced, and other's severely underutilised. There are huge leaps in logic of certain character actions and stances. Several of the character designs do my head in, and the over use of fan service got tiresome fast.

However it's got one of the best main characters in any medium, and the entire show is as a thrill ride from beginning to end. I wouldn't go as far to say it's the best anime I've ever seen, that would be both seasons of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex which is just amazing. However for sheer entertainment value, Code Geass is nigh on untouched.

I'm not sure how I feel about a 3rd season. The ending to the second was just brilliant, and perfect way to wrap the crazy mess that came before it. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't see a way they can continue the series without pretty much undoing that ending and everything it stood for

You might like the writer's current work, Princess Principal then.
789eedcab5a656bfe2dca98b215a878a1490366370_full.jpg
It's, get this, Cute Girls Doing Spy Things in alternate history Victorian England. It's a fun, smart spy thriller, through and through. Luckily, they've yet to reach Code Geass levels of preposterous yet.

BADMAN

I just started watching it for the first time and man, what a crazy ass show. Not super far in but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I think it drops the ball with female characters. Most of them feel like paper thin waifu tropes instead of actual characters. Also Nunnally gets on my nerves for some reason. Great for popcorn anime though.

PixelatedBookake

Can anyone remind me how THE FUCK
V2 was Lelouch's dad's brother? Like....what? I remember that being a throwaway line like it does raise many questions.

Every single episode felt like it ended on the most absurd and crazy cliff hanger imaginable.

Say what you want about the actual show's story and characters, but the actual pacing and structure was pretty damn good TV.
Yeah it's the show with the most cliffhangers I've ever seen. S2 in particular, you had something really dramatic happening after every. single. episode.

I wish s3 wouldn't happen since s2 has the best ending ever for an anime up there with Bebop. Once season 3 starts, Bebop will hold that crown, sorry LeLouch.

Code Geass has it's issues. Some plot points feel overly forced, and other's severely underutilised. There are huge leaps in logic of certain character actions and stances. Several of the character designs do my head in, and the over use of fan service got tiresome fast.

However it's got one of the best main characters in any medium, and the entire show is as a thrill ride from beginning to end. I wouldn't go as far to say it's the best anime I've ever seen, that would be both seasons of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex which is just amazing. However for sheer entertainment value, Code Geass is nigh on untouched.

I'm not sure how I feel about a 3rd season. The ending to the second was just brilliant, and perfect way to wrap the crazy mess that came before it. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't see a way they can continue the series without pretty much undoing that ending and everything it stood for
Lelouch is definitely a good shout for one of the best mains for sure. Motivation, the way he ends things, progression, his iq and how he handles himself etc.

Top Bottom