• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine went down somewhere between 50 and 60, can't remember the exact number I had before!

List of games scrubbed clean.

Digital Homicide games are there along with others that were review scamming. But stuff like the Doctor Who games were only removed as the rights ran out so the list is not solely scammers, valve gonna valve I suppose.

yeah mien went down by like 60 too and came here wondering why. I've always stuck by Steam but wow this move. Can't wait for that all digital future!!!

I forget who but someone gave a recommendation for Hunted: The Demon's Forge in the Steam sales thread as it was just a little over a dollar. Describing it something as Gears of War but playing as a scantily clad elf with a bow. So, okay, I got it, and I played through it.

It does have a cover system, one that I almost entirely ignored, but otherwise it was as advertised. Very scantily, very elf, very bow. It's a game I wouldn't recommend without a heavy caveat because it is so, so rough, but it was charming as it felt like I was playing something out of the late '90s that somehow got made in Unreal Engine 3. The animations and combat almost had me feeling like I was playing Rune. I had fun with it, and I got my bottle of Coke's worth out of that purch.

Mine went down somewhere between 50 and 60, can't remember the exact number I had before!

List of games scrubbed clean.

Digital Homicide games are there along with others that were review scamming. But stuff like the Doctor Who games were only removed as the rights ran out so the list is not solely scammers, valve gonna valve I suppose.
Oh, looks like Driver San Francisco was the -1 for me.

Backlogger

Ah, finally a real Steam Community thread (as opposed to that other thing that gets created during the sales that I barely post in or follow)

I bought HackNet during the sale and I have no clue what the fuck is going on

I have zero cs experience
Counter-Strike may be notorious for hacking but I don't know how much that experience would transfer into playing HackNet. :3

How do I remove the sticker showcase?
The way I did it was by removing all the stickers on the background that's currently in use and saving it that way.

data

Counter-Strike may be notorious for hacking but I don't know how much that experience would transfer into playing HackNet. :3

The way I did it was by removing all the stickers on the background that's currently in use and saving it that way.

This worked, thanks.

AHA-Lambda

Also
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 8,020 ± 2,363

I'd say KOF is rather good for how the game is priced, the Nep game doesn't look good but it's a spin off so I guess it's fine

Pretty respectable numbers for Tekken, do we know how it compares with other fighting games in the same timeframe?

Yeesh at those Danganronpa numbers :/

Zen Aku

If VR was more affordable. Things would be so great. Cause Rec Room is probably the most fun I have ever had with VR and it's free. Just throwing a Frisbee around is amazing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
eyyyy we back in (community) business

While I didn't buy much besides 2 games on the Steam sale, I did purchase this.

Falcom Chronicle - 30th Anniversary Official Commemorative Book. Really cool book, can't read Japanese (lol) but there's a ton of artwork in it.
I'm mad jelly.

kagamin

Well, since I got Nier Automata bundled with MGSV for 14 bucks... maybe I should finish the former then move to the latter.

Ganado

yeah mien went down by like 60 too and came here wondering why. I've always stuck by Steam but wow this move. Can't wait for that all digital future!!!

The games are not removed from this library. As these people said:
You can still redownload the games just fine. The issues is them being scrubbed clean of your public game list. Also messes up the achievement pages for the games.

No, because you can still download them.

The games are still in user libraries. They're just not counted as owned. A slightly awkward middle position between a purchased game and a Free on Demand game, essentially.

Edit: Ultra mega super beaten.

You are still able to download the games, it's just that they're not available in the community.

Uzzy

Well, since I got Nier Automata bundled with MGSV for 14 bucks... maybe I should finish the former then move to the latter.

Good choice. After all, you..

PmWrLAM.png

preta

Looks like I already have it on my whistlist.

The length seems perfect for me. I guess I'm sold.

xBJ1BAd.png

I would strongly recommend playing the Trails in the Sky trilogy first, as the Cold Steel games (especially CS2) spoil a few major twists from the Sky games. (plus Sky is even better anyway)

After being tantalized by the talk of Titanfall 2 during the pre-sale thread, I managed to snag it last week. The game is something else. There is just an incredible sense of freedom in the mobility the game gives you, I just love being able to get around the levels in a myriad of intended and perhaps unintended ways because it just plays so mechanically sound. I'm only 4 or so hours into it so far, but I've been very very impressed by it -- and entirely unimpressed by the Origin client. But at least it's not as bad as Bethesda's launcher.

I also can't believe this game is on anything resembling the Source engine. With just how gorgeous and silky smooth it is it must be as modified as the Source engine is to Quake's.

Between this, Doom, and Prey, it's been a a real renaissance period of the genre for me since things were looking pretty dire for a good few years. But oops I guess Prey and TF2 are going to end up martyrs.

Ascheroth

I started Resident Quicktime 6 yesterday. Only played the intro tho, up to the chapter/character select.
Is there a recommended order of playing through them?

Pachimari

With the end of the summer sales, I can have my glorious return to this thread, aaahh.

I came out the other side safely with just $2.50 spent.

Tizoc

Damn, I guess this means I'm never getting Driver San Francisco.
Why's that?

uh, is Trigger Happy Havoc similarly gross, or does it deserve to stay on my wishlist?
It has 2 teenage boys forming a bond of broship while shirtless and in the sauna iirc

Such things are minor scenes tho; the main plot elements are rather whack

Ascheroth

I spent 9,5€ so technically nothing since I basically got 10€ from the Paypal coupons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Costume Quest bundle
Portal bundle
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Dragon Commander

Corpekata

Banned
uh, is Trigger Happy Havoc similarly gross, or does it deserve to stay on my wishlist?

First game has one weirdly blatant moment (involving a character that's wallowing in grief no less) but for the most part it doesn't get nearly as grody as the other two, though as far as anime games go, the series is usually surprisingly tame about that sort of stuff, though it does slip through.

Ultra Despair Girls on its surface seems to want to lampoon the creepy lolibait and fetishization of children of the genre, anime, etc but also comes off largely hypocritical about it given it gets pretty leery about its 15 year old heroine (and the previously mentioned moment in DR2).

Wok

ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

Oops. Spare from this bundle, which I bought from Goup Buys to get that Fighting Fantasy game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wordlase -- MB-65B0415674CE11C0 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 2 entrants total.

t1499328262z1.png

After 40min and two hard crashes in Just Cause 3, I managed to actually play a couple of missions.

And this really is worse then JC2, isn't it?

Not feeling any of the vehicles, or the combat, and it it feels like it looks worse then JC2?

Milamber

So I got PUBG during the sale and went in Solo and Duo with a friend and I'm just not feeling it.

15-30 minutes of scavenging only to get popped off quickly.

After 40min and two hard crashes in Just Cause 3, I managed to actually play a couple of missions.

And this really is worse then JC2, isn't it?

Not feeling any of the vehicles, or the combat, and it it feels like it looks worse then JC2?

You wouldn't happen to be using an Xbox One wireless controller adapter would you? I had blue screen crashes with JC3 that I eventually traced to the wireless adapter, I plugged my controller in with USB and it worked fine after that, don't know if they or MS ever fixed it.

How's Hidden Folks? I've been meaning to pick that one up, but debating on which platform to get it.

I thought it was pretty good. Some of the levels have a ton of detail and looking through them is entertaining because there are all these cute details and funny animations going on. Sometimes you have to interact with objects to make your targets visible. I think it took me about 6 hours to get through the base game and they just added a few more levels at the end.

If you have an iPad with a larger, high res screen I'd get it there otherwise go with the Steam version.

You wouldn't happen to be using an Xbox One wireless controller adapter would you? I had blue screen crashes with JC3 that I eventually traced to the wireless adapter, I plugged my controller in with USB and it worked fine after that, don't know if they or MS ever fixed it.

Nah, I'm using a XBOX360 joypad with wireless adapter.

patapuf

So I got PUBG during the sale and went in Solo and Duo with a friend and I'm just not feeling it.

15-30 minutes of scavenging only to get popped off quickly.

The trick is to not do that. There's areas with better loot (cities and some bigger buildings) which means you don't need to loot for long. These are also high traffic areas, it's likely you'll see combat right after landing.

That said, there's obviously slower rounds, and sometimes you will be popped off from far away without being able to do much about it.

Moving over an empty field being so dangerous is part of the tension that makes the game great, especially when you survive/get away with it, but the slower pace won't be for everyone.

Monooboe

Grimoire looks really good! I usually don't complain about price but 40 is quite a bit for a game like that and releasing right after the sale when no one has any money left seem foolish.

Any info about a change to Steam restoration of deleted games?

eviVhBn.png

Why would anyone delete games from their library only to restore them sometime later?

I mean, that's just another redundant work for the customer service. They could just disable the deleting games feature entirely and nothing of value will lost for both party.

Mugen08

Happy to see a Steam July thread! The End is Nigh looks like a mandatory purchase. Have spent some time ripping my console games for emulation lately. Not to a great success, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom