• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This thread is for the announcement of weekly Rock Band DLC.
Obviously there have been many releases prior to this thread, thankfully we have Wikipedia for that:
List of DLC songs for Rock Band.

CLICK HERE for an actively updated list of Rock Band Network releases

jkelgi.jpg

Mileena

Banned
Snuggler said:
What, you don't like the Stooges? I think they're an awesome band but then again it's probably one star difficulty on every instrument.
shout out to the late costanza

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
NameGenerated said:
I don't think anything can be worse than the one-two punch that was Miley Cyrus and Nickelback.
Toby Keith.

Estival

NameGenerated said:
I don't think anything can be worse than the one-two punch that was Miley Cyrus and Nickelback.
The Miley pack actually got me back into Rock Band.

So now I'm looking for more pop songs. What are the best pop DLC songs? I have the Lady Gaga and No Doubt songs already.

Daigoro

fucking STOOGES!!!

bought fucking bought.

i wouldve loved anything and everything from Funhouse and Raw Power, but this will have to do. for now.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
RBN songs added this week should be highlighted in the 07/19-07/26 catagory. 10 songs came out today.

Looks like Bang Camero - Blood Red Rock is coming tomorrow for $1. Thank god they are back to giving us $1 bitchin songs :rock:

xbhaskarx

Don't get this thread locked like the last one, guys.

Bad Religion – “No Control” +
The Stooges – “1969” +
The Stooges – “I Wanna Be Your Dog” +
The Stooges – “No Fun” +

Oh shit, I haven't bought much DLC this year, but first Credence and now Bad Religion and The Stooges, fucking awesome...

What's with the +'s?

Estival said:
The Miley pack actually got me back into Rock Band.

So now I'm looking for more pop songs. What are the best pop DLC songs? I have the Lady Gaga and No Doubt songs already.

wmc7xh.jpg

I won't comment on your music tastes, but nice Benny Feilhaber avatar.

Daigoro

yeah the Creedence was the first good shit out in a while.

a good buy. some fun songs to play.

also, more Bang Camaro is always a good thing.

edit:

Songs marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

huh. can we finally start getting some adult music on this game? please please PLEEEEASE seperate music with adult themes and let us buy some good unedited stuffs.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I would recommend using a monday through friday approach to the RBN. Monday a ton of songs hit all at once.

Like today where 10 songs hit, they would only be on your list for 1 day. The rest of the week will MAYBE get up to 10.

Chris R

Unedited songs won't ever happen. RB2 is rated T.

I want CCR but I'm going to pass for now and put that dough towards a RB3 realtar.

Estival

xbhaskarx said:
I won't comment on your music tastes, but nice Benny Feilhaber avatar.
I'm convinced he'd like Miley, too. I'm not surprised that the Rock Band crew doesn't like the pop songs much though.

To confirm, already-released DLC will not work with the RB3 keyboard?

Snuggler said:
It won't. They would have to some how update all of the old DLC songs to add keyboard charts. I would expect that there is a small chance of some existing DLC songs to be re-released with keyboard charts, Don't Stop Believing and Baba O'Reilly are only 2 of many songs that would be great with the new controller.

What I think is great is that Harmonix has been able to release DLC, since the E3 announcement, where the lack of keyboard support is not a problem.

EYEL1NER

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!
FINALLY, A NEW ROCK BAND THREAD!!!

I'm pumped. But not for next week's dlc. Maybe get the Stooge's songs.

Snuggler said:
It won't. They would have to some how update all of the old DLC songs to add keyboard charts. I would expect that there is a small chance of some existing DLC songs to be re-released with keyboard charts, Don't Stop Believing and Baba O'Reilly are only 2 of many songs that would be great with the new controller.

You can use the keyboard as a substitute for the guitar though.

Daigoro

drmcclin said:
Great DLC selection this week. CCR was a beast of a pack a couple weeks ago, too.

the CCR pack is fantastic.

HEY! anyone know where to get some decent cheap RB guitars at? i need some spares. my main concern is cheapness, but a (relativley) decent build quality would be nice.

man, the Gretch Duo is the best guitar ive tried (havent tried the GH5 guitar yet). id love to get one of those even though i know they arent cheap. they dont even sell these anymore do they?

edit: just saw there is 1 left on the RB store. :lol $90 though. i cant justify it. great RB guitar though. i want one. :(

Assembly of Dust? I'll check that out. Hope they'll redo it after the keyboard is released, though. Only other RBN song I've downloaded is the one from Umphrey's McGee.

There's some Grateful Dead material from earlier this year that I need to go back and grab. Otherwise, haven't seen a whole lot of interesting tracks in the past few months, not since the Hendrix album. I wish they'd put up more Phish. Some classic Neil Young would be great.

Daigoro

yeah a lot of that Dead stuff is a lot of fun. some Neil Young would be mind-blowingly awesome.

-
man, the problem with RBN is the interface. that and a lot of new stuff comes out. the combination make it hard to navigate and browse through.

the RBN store is a pain.

Chris R

xbhaskarx said:
I haven't even looked at the Rock Band Network yet, are there any decent songs available there?
Yes. Even though I only have access to the PS3 songs I've bought 4 or 5 songs from the 40+ available.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Oh, and since I realized this thread was made yesterday, here's today's RBN releases:

Incubus - Amberian Dawn || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Electro-Heaven - Robby Suave || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
No One In the World - The Apples in Stereo || full version (160 MSP) || trial version

And from Tuesday:

Plague to End All Plagues - Evile || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Blood Red Rock - Bang Camaro || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

For those interested in the Rock Band Network side of things, this site is a great resource for all the RBN songs.
http://error420.com/rbn/

The site gets updated as soon as songs get put up. Just be careful with songs that don't have a song page link. It doesn't happen all that often, but sometimes songs will go up and will be taken down because of a problem before they're officially in the RBN store. So to be safe wait until the song name has a link to the song page.

Hop

Hop

Snuggler said:
Thanks for the update Charron, you're way faster than me.
I'll add it to the OP once Harmonix confirms it. Interesting DLC, though, can't say I've ever heard of Juanes but more foreign language music can't hurt.

Where do you think I got it? :p

And according to Pedro, they're freaking out about it in Latin America.

airborn

Charron said:
"La Camisa Negra" was a pretty huge hit in Europe as well.

Glad to see Harmonix is adding some non-English songs to Rock Band again. It's been a while.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fuck yeah! Juanes!!

Fijate Bien is his first single, I can't believe they added that song. That song and that first album are the shit! The lyrics of the album are so good, his best album IMO.

Now we need some Cage9, Mana and Alex Syntek. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Charron said:
Where do you think I got it? :p

I see. I thought that you might have some top secret sources at Harmonix.

Anyways, I updated the OP with the new stuff. Also, for your convenience I have added a link for the previous update and I added youtube links with the expert full band tracks so you can give the songs a look before you buy.

Hop

Some more scooping Snuggler, since I have nothing better to do at work. (And the entire office, like... vanished. o_o)

RBN releases:

The Slackers - Every Day is Sunday || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
2nd Thought - Just Hang On || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

I encourage guitarists and vocalists to try Just Hang On, since it's pretty intricate and blues-y on both parts and I authored it give me money. :p

Next week's RBN selections coming to PS3:

Creed – "Higher"
Iwrestledabearonce – "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon"
Amberian Dawn – "River of Tuoni"
MC Frontalot – "Goth Girls"
All Time Low – "Walls"

And surprise additional DLC!

Avenged Sevenfold – “Nightmare”
Avenged Sevenfold – “Scream”
Avenged Sevenfold – “Seize the Day”

Top Bottom