• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mevius Final Fantasy (iOS/And) announced: Kitase/Nojima/Itahana, console level [INFO]

Blobbers

Mevius sounds kinda like "me, we, us". A brand new Final Fantasy with an emphasized social aspect all but confirmed.

What does "Mevius" even mean?

Maybe a revisiting of FF1 in HD/Lumious?
I would NOT be against this! If there was any FF games that could use a full HD reboot, it's the one with the bare basic story and non-existent character depth. I've been saying this, too, they could basically make FFI(not like all the other re-dos) where they actually create characters with depth and personality, hell, maybe even flesh out the quest itself(adding more events, twists and turns). And for a lot of the more classic FF heads, it would satisfy there need for a classic FF done in modern graphics(and you don't get more classic than the first FF). It's the ONLY true FF installment reboot I would accept.

As for Mevius, thinking a little too hard(and going a little crazy with Wiktionary), -"vius" is listed as the Catalan version of the Latin "vivus", meaning "living/alive". "Me", oddly enough, could just mean "me"(as in "I"). So reaching in and pulling this out of my ass based on what Wiktionary said, it would basically translate(if you can even call it that) to "I live Final Fantasy".

Boogybro

Final Fantasy IV: Before Mevius

Wenger'sBakedBaguettes
(Today, 12:17 PM)
image.php

Hahahahaha Love your username and avatar.

Exentryk

*shrug*

Bavius and Maevius (or Mevius) were two poets in the age of Augustus Caesar, whose names became synonymous with bad verse and malicious criticism of superior writers. Both are named together in Virgil's Eclogues (3.90). Maevius is also the object of Horace's tenth Epode, which invites the gods to drown him as he embarks on a sea voyage. The name M(a)evius is attested of several historical individuals, but whether Virgil's Bavius and Maevius are real writers or literary inventions is unclear.

RK128

.....Is is some kind of western developed Final Fantasy then :l? I mean, I remember Grin working on a Final Fantasy XII spin-off before they were shut down :(.

So, maybe this will be Edios's take on the Final Fantasy series? I mean, I do remember Deus Ex: Human Revolution poking fun at Verses 13's looong development XD.

Exentryk

.....Is is some kind of western developed Final Fantasy then :l? I mean, I remember Grin working on a Final Fantasy XII spin-off before they were shut down :(.

So, maybe this will be Edios's take on the Final Fantasy series? I mean, I do remember Deus Ex: Human Revolution poking fun at Verses 13's looong development XD.

No. It's filed by SEJ.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Might be a name change for World Wide Words for the international market.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. Has Kitase been downgraded to mobile only as well?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The day in which mobile market will collapse in japan will be the best day in decades. Hurry up >.<

The day in which mobile market will collapse in japan will be the best day in decades. Hurry up >.<

Yeah, good luck with that one. It's a new way to experience these products that is here to stay. Nut up and embrace it or kiss a vast number of Japanese products goodbye.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm fine with iOS/Android as a platform as long as it delivers real gameplay.

duckroll

new FF for iOS/Android made by Kitase and "numbered FF staff"

they will show info on next week's famitsu.

549006054f587wissq.jpg

It's supposedly a traditional RPG, not a remake of FF1 but something similar? A return to the roots of sorts. Kitase is producing, Nojima is writing the scenario, and the character designs are by Itahana.

wmlk

It's supposedly a traditional RPG, not a remake of FF1 but something similar? A return to the roots of sorts. Kitase is producing, Nojima is writing the scenario, and the character designs are by Itahana.

PSX Square vibes from the three big names.

mclem

I can understand that argument for some genres, but a JRPG is really not a genre that'll suffer all that much in moving to mobile.

The bigger worry is whether we'll see it in the West, of course.

Top Bottom