• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cecilia is pretty broken now. For reference, with Nino's tome she can potentially reach 69 attack. (45 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6). Then 6 more with Death Blow to reach a staggering 75 81, which basically let's her OHKO nearly the entire metagame.

It's amusing how Nino went from top-tier to top-tier sacrifice so quickly. I'm sure a lot of people are glad they pulled her at 5* a few weeks ago either way~

Firemind

It's amusing how Nino went from top-tier to top-tier sacrifice so quickly. I'm sure a lot of people are glad they pulled her at 5* a few weeks ago either way~
Yeah I don't know why people are still clamoring for Eirika. With the skill inheritence system EVERYONE can be an Eirika.

Nino's still very good for standard teams, but yeah, Cecilia on a Horse Emblem is just... bananas.

So would Reinhardt (Goad Calvary), Eldigan (w/ fortify calvary), Elise (w/Hone Calvary), Cecilia w/ Nino's weapon be better than Eirika, Nino, Eldigan, Reinhardt?

I love Calvary but with so many maps having trees it would seem wise to have a mix to get past terrain horses can't. I guess that's where the bonus character would help?

Guys...talk me off this ledge!

Alucrid

Banned
wait so giving people the 4th tier weapons - i assume you just have to sacrifice a lower star character to get 1-3 then the 5 star for the last one?

PK Gaming

So would Reinhardt (Goad Calvary), Eldigan (w/ fortify calvary), Elise (w/Hone Calvary), Cecilia w/ Nino's weapon be better than Eirika, Nino, Eldigan, Reinhardt?

I love Calvary but with so many maps having trees it would seem wise to have a mix to get past terrain horses can't. I guess that's where the bonus character would help?

Guys...talk me off this ledge!

Well, i'd use Gunter over Elise if possible, but yeah that's your basic Calvary set up. And you don't really have to worry about trees; you have more than enough room to weave your way around them.

Here's an example of an all calvary team in action

EDIT: Go with what makes you feel comfortable, and don't do anything that might make you feel regret.

Pulling is an addition that I feel compelled if I don't for a few days... 10th level training tower AI got all kinds of skills, geez.

That's how they get you! I usually wait for a character I find hot to be the focus of the banner. Need my husbandos!

Speaking of banner! When are we suppose to get that special one with Roy and Ike!

Well, i'd use Gunter over Elise if possible, but yeah that's your basic Calvary set up. And you don't really have to worry about trees; you have more than enough room to weave your way around them.

Here's an example of an all calvary team in action

EDIT: Go with what makes you feel comfortable, and don't do anything that might make you feel regret.

Well it would take some time to do anyway (need a couple more seasons of arena) so I will plug away at my 3* Cecilia and rack up some SP in the meantime while I contemplate it. I had a Gunter but Elise can hold her own pretty well. I'd expect neither to attack much, so I'd rather buffbot be able to heal than twiddle thumbs.

Achtius

Eirika can still fight green units. The only skill you need to inherit is rally def/res, it's not like you remove all her combat capability

Juni_

I mean the tradeoff is whether you want a red unit that does all this or a unit that can do more than just buff
If you have someone with the same weapon type as Nino yes you would want her. A single unit that can add +11 stats is amazing, that's why people still want her

Firemind

If you have someone with the same weapon type as Nino yes you would want her. A single unit that can add +11 stats is amazing, that's why people still want her
And people in this thread have posted that Cecilia does the same thing, has more movement speed and has Hone Cavalry. Eirika doesn't do more lifting in this case.

Wichu

Cecilia forces you into using a cavalry team. This won't get you as many points in Arena under the current system, as cavalry have worse stat totals to make up for their better movement. With Nino, you get to use higher-stat units and therefore get more points in Arena.

I just want to justify keeping my +Spd/-Def Nino. She does her best.

Of the main characters S to A+ tier who would you have inherit a maxed out poison strike? I'm thinking Nino but he pretty much kills in one blow regardless.

Draxal

Cecilia forces you into using a cavalry team. This won't get you as many points in Arena under the current system, as cavalry have worse stat totals to make up for their better movement. With Nino, you get to use higher-stat units and therefore get more points in Arena.

I think Nino is still better tbh, just the flexibility with working drawback and how well it work with a dancer.

Making an optimal cav team is rather feather heavy at this moment.

Weebos

Banned
I have -SPD Ogma and Cain, I am trying to figure out if I should keep them.

They're both Brave Users, so it seems fine? Any opinions on -SPD Brave users?

Nino's still very good for standard teams, but yeah, Cecilia on a Horse Emblem is just... bananas.

The best thing about the Pony Emblem comp is just how...effortless it all is. A single C-slot skill on any cavalier can add 18 Atk to a mounted -blade user just by standing next to them at the start of their turn. No need to waste your assist on a Rally, no burning of turn to use said Rally. I'd argue that's the real power of the comp: how everybody in the comp's free to do whatever they wish.

That's only relevant in an all-cavalry team, which most people don't have.

True, not everyone has 4 cavaliers all armed with Hone/Fortify/Spur/Ward Cavalry, but Gunter and Cecilia are free units. If you could build a comp around Nino, you could sacrifice Nino to build a comp around Cecilia. Simply having Gunter near Cecilia gives her 18 Atk. Nino requires someone to burn their turn and that'll give her 12 Atk -at best- if it's not Eirika burning it.

In theory, everyone playing the game just needs to pull Nino to begin using the comp.

This is a good point. It'd be interesting to see how arena score works in practice once the changes take place. I would like a high score but I'm ok sacrificing 500 feathers for a fun team. I'm fortunate to have a 4* Nino that I could sit on for quite some time and have both once I have 30,000+ more feathers. Then I would have the flexibility to run a lot of combinations of characters.

Toezilla

Neo Member
I could have sworn I saw a post a page or 2 ago that suggested that when you merge allies the one you keep inherits the SP from the one that gets sacked. Any truth to this? When I go to merge any weaker ally with a stronger one it always says that the SP gain will be 80 exactly regardless of how much SP is on the ally getting sacked....

Theosmeo

Yo, now that skill inheritance has made me lose my mind here are my 2 theorycrafted optimal units.

1. Eldigan: red sword cav (BST: 182)

weapon: Mystletainn(super killing edge)

support: swap/pivot/reposition(all used to guard fragile units)

special: noontime(most frequent healthsteal)

A: fury(boosts total stats by 12 but does damage)
B: quick riposte(patches up poor speed)
C: ward/hone/goad cavalry(great for a cav team)/savage blow(great for breaking up enemy defense and bringing 2hkos to ohkos)

Eldigan's self damage weakness and low speed are mitigated letting his insane BST for a 3 move unit can shine through

2. Jakob: thief (BST: 161)

weapon: poison dagger+(BROKEN)

support: rally res

special: moonbow(very frequent)

A: Close counter(requires close rangers to deal with poison dagger+)
B: Vantage(requires anyone who attacks him to tank with poison dagger+)
C: Threaten def/spd(makes him more deadly on enemy phase)

This kit maximizes poison dagger+ current broken nature, and puts it on the highest BST thief, not 100% sure close counter can be inherited however

Totakeke

You mean highest BST thief as in Jakob shares that with Kagero, Matthew, Saizo, and Gaius, and it's just one point above Jaffar and Felicia, right?

I like renewal 3 on Eldigan. Speed gets mitigated by Eirika or Hone Calvary from Gunter and Reinhardt's Goad Calvary. That allows me to use moonbow on a single charge.

NSESN

I destroyed my Nowi, I read the deperation skill wrong and gave it to her, but it is useless because of her speed and now I don't have sp anymore.
In contrast my Effie, Lucina and Julia got even stronger.

Jafar: 43 - 11 (Deathly Dagger) - 5 (Life and Death) = 27
Kagero: 40 - 5 (Poison Dagger+) = 35
Gaius: 39 - 7 (Rogue Dagger+) = 32
Jakob: 39 - 10 (Silver Dagger+) = 29
Saizo: 38 - 9 (Smoke Dagger+) = 29
Felicia: 33 - 10 (Silver Dagger+) = 23
Matthew: 32 - 7 (Rogue Dagger+) = 25

I destroyed my Nowi, I read the deperation skill wrong and gave it to her, but it is useless because of her speed and now I don't have sp anymore.
In contrast my Effie, Lucina and Julia got even stronger.

This is my personal nightmare. I am fretting over every decision worried I am going to screw up something. I put breath of life on murder machine Robin thinking if it works for Felicia and Julia then why not!? I am terrified mistakes were made though. Lol. It's a C skill, so screw it.

lt519

Should I put Vantage on a ranged unit or a melee unit? I can put it on Robin/Nino if ranged is good? Seems rare that Nino would still be alive and under 50% HP. Robin on the other hand I use as a tank so it's possible but he's only going to counterattack against ranged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom