• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

JaMarco

After 5 days played I think I'm done with this game for a bit. I just rage quit my last game of pvp because every one on the other team was just sitting on roof tops behind a walls using the g2. It needs nerfed on consoles bad. At the very least it should have a fire rate cap it's out of control.

I also wish they would do something about the aim assist on assault rifles rifles you can close your eyes and get kills with how strong it is. No point in moving around the map when a g2 can 2 shot you from a mile away while they sit on buildings.
Yeah all the Devotion/Hemlock users have switched to G2 and now it's more broken than those ever were.

SwolBro

Banned
every one on the other team was just sitting on roof tops behind a walls using the g2.

I also wish they would do something about the aim assist on assault rifles rifles you can close your eyes and get kills with how strong it is. No point in moving around the map when a g2 can 2 shot you from a mile away while they sit on buildings.

CTF is way better without Titans. Just not a titan gamemode..
Hmm... could've sworn i saw someone saying these things a couple months ago. Can't put my finger on who though.

Also...
https://i.imgur.com/HQ8UBzQ.gifv
Now people will experience what some of us are going through in competitive CTF. This be DUMB AS SHIT. There's very little chance of stopping the guy once he reaches escape velocity. It's making a lot of maps unplayable, especially Angel City and Colony.Ironically, this is when you're thankful for OP weapons. It's the only time.

Game has so many problems.

Izuna

Banned
Well, they kept the EPG reload glitch (I requested like every day, I dunno if that had anything to do with it), but they scaled back on the splash damage so much that the Archer became the only weapon (when Amped) that allows a Pilot to somewhat 1v1 a Titan.

I've decided to make this the day that I play games, and I dunno if I'll get around to Titanfall 2.

Since work has been killing me, I've been doing like an hour of OW before bed, which is a game I though I hated. It's just SO much more balanced, that you can actually feel like you're getting better a the game. Lucio's update sounds like it'll give us Titanfall like movement so I cannot freaking wait.

I agree that the Archer being pretty much the only legit Pilot Vs Titan weapon now is ridiculous
I'll try and go have fun with the MGL and.... yeah, there's no point. Either it's damage output is just too low for when does actually land or you miss completely a lot of the time anyway while also burning thru your ammo.

I'll go on the record and state that I honestly think scaling to just two weapons was a mistake for TF|2.
For me personally, I've now found myself in a continuing situation where I have to always have two pilot loadouts. One for skirmish firefights with other players and one strictly with an anti-titan weapon.
What I've found is that a lot of the time, the matches are playing out the same way in that, the first few minutes I'll use the first loadout and once the titans start showing up, I have to switch and I can never go back in order to keep my team competitive (I've noticed other plays won't bother to go after titans at all which leads eventually to the team getting steamrolled)

...this, whole method just seems tedious for what was already a solved problem in the first game with EVERYONE having an anti-titan option at all times... so there was no excuse for any of the players NOT to go after enemy titans as soon as possible.

I don't see this getting resolved though as at this point, it seems like a pretty locked in feature of TF|2, which is a bummer.
There's nothing more annoying than engaging another player in a firefight, running out ammo and immediately being done because you don't have a sidearm to switch to.... because you know, you had to keep the slot free for an anti-titan weapon. It just feels like it's splitting the meta game of PvP and PvT when you should able to just navigate both, seamlessly.

Izuna

Banned
Make Mozambique replace Mastiff

Move SMR over to Anti-Titan and make it better vs. Titans like it was in the original, remove it's ability to kill Pilots

BOOM, you have a game I'd love to play

Right now I actually don't enjoy any of the weapons, while I get shot out the air by G2 all the damn time.

Since the Tech Test, Titanfall 2 has this ONE strange feeling

Even if I get a really high score and win, I feel like I played like shit ~~ that's almost every single game

In Titanfall 1, or dare I say, something like OW, you can feel like you performed super well even if your team loses. I think it's a combination of things. Like, the only thing that feels as good to pull off is maybe Nuke Eject. Killing a Pilot is too easy in Titanfall 2 that it doesn't feel as immediately rewarding, while at the same time they are more dangerous.

I can't be the only one who has noticed this. I'm tired of figuring out why it happens.

Mozambique + EPG combo from before made it feel fun to get kills, and it was unique in doing that for me.

~~

I miss the good old days of setting up Satchels at Hardpoints before the CUs, hahahahaha

Move SMR over to Anti-Titan and make it better vs. Titans like it was in the original, remove it's ability to kill Pilots

man.... like ... seriously

WTF is up with the SMR? ... such a USELESS damn weapon, it's like... really unbelievable :(

Right now I actually don't enjoy any of the weapons, while I get shot out the air by G2 all the damn time.

Since the Tech Test, Titanfall 2 has this ONE strange feeling

Even if I get a really high score and win, I feel like I played like shit ~~ that's almost every single game

In Titanfall 1, or dare I say, something like OW, you can feel like you performed super well even if your team loses. I think it's a combination of things. Like, the only thing that feels as good to pull off is maybe Nuke Eject. Killing a Pilot is too easy in Titanfall 2 that it doesn't feel as immediately rewarding, while at the same time they are more dangerous.

I can't be the only one who has noticed this. I'm tired of figuring out why it happens.

Mozambique + EPG combo from before made it feel fun to get kills, and it was unique in doing that for me.

~~

I miss the good old days of setting up Satchels at Hardpoints before the CUs, hahahahaha

eh, I still feel great when I get pilot kills

I still think the gunplay/feel is superior to TF1... problem is that some of TF|2's armaments are either cheese or completely useless and yeah, Respawn is having a tough-time balancing it out

SwolBro

Banned
I went back to look at old SwolBro posts for fun

he repeatedly says in almost every post, that with "fixes" the game will be amazing

the foreshadowing!
Ha. What's upsetting is that i believed those problems, whichever i was complaining about at the time were the major ones and fixing them would truly make the game great again.

Unfortunately, so many more problems have cropped up as people have gotten better (discovered OP shit) that it's almost impossible to fix this game now considering how slow they are to fix stuff. The main issue it seems is that Respawn and everyone there that is responsible for final gameplay decisions all had one giant collective brain fart. The sidearm vs anti-titan weapon is one of many instances of such a massive WTF decision.

Another one that i can't wrap my head around is the whole visibility thing. Here, they decided to reduce the amount of enemy a.i that provided cover, while christmas treeing you with that crazy overwatch pilot glow BUT THEN throwing in sun glare on maps to fucking blind you. lol. WUT? This goes for the obnoxiously loud footsteps as well. It's loud not only for enemies but for teammates. The whole experience is massively confusing.

Sigh and I've had to all but abandon the CAR and any hopes of using an SMG. It's 201, flatline, G2. That's it (hemlok is still the most OP weapon in the game though. Funny thing is no one uses it. Pub players were tricked in thinking it's useless now, which is good lol and competitive still bans it)

The state of the play is so sad.

EDIT: It's such a decaying experience that the competitive community on xboxone, or what's left of it, is mulling over the idea of switching exclusively to LTS matches. No one likes how CTF is being played and the LTS players actually outnumber the CTF players by a large margin this time. Other suggestions have been to abandon Titans in CTF, making it a Pilot only mode. Complete mess.

SwolBro

Banned
Regular CTF is now instant returns / phase shift drops flags.

We TF1 again.

I'm actually liking the instant returns again. I only played 2 games though. Wish they removed Titans from all of it.

And phase shift dropping the flag is excellent. It's crazy they took THIS LONG to listen to a simple change everyone has been asking for. Hopefully it stays.

Belker

Played this for the first time in a few months. I was never much good and that hasn't changed - but the game still manages to make you feel cool, that you've had a good and useful games - even if you're in last spot on the leaderboard.

Was a bit surprised to see that the shop now had the packs for £20 - seems like an oddly high amount for a game that's not in the top spot and, presumably, has a substantially lower playerbase than at launch.

Izuna

Banned
did respawn... give FD its own progression system?

Respawn, I know you guys can't comment on this...

but

f067c17500d272900fc3aad74b2dd618.gif

grendelrt

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-13

New Titan, Relic and "Glitch" maps and some other things before July

Glitch looks like Raid from BO2 from the pic. Relic was decent in Titanfall 1.

What do you have against War Games damnit, Respawn?

MMMMMMM new titan, cant wait to see what it is. The gen increase will be nice as well, I am glad they are continuing to support the game, I try to buy something each time and hope it helps.

Top Bottom