• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps3 controller > 360 controller?

Dirtbag

360 was designed for big american hands / PS3 designed for smaller asian hands. I hope that isn't taken the wrong way.

I am the target audience for the 360 controller... it fits perfectly.

duk

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
360 was designed for big american hands / PS3 designed for smaller asian hands. I hope that isn't taken the wrong way.

I am the target audience for the 360 controller... it fits perfectly.

like warm apple pie

zoukka

I still don't get how Sony could fuck the triggers up so badly. I think and think and I just don't get it...

XO controller has terrible d-pad but otherwise it's pretty damn good.

(I'm a dualshock2 fan myself)

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
You love it really, zoukka. It makes you think happy thoughts on a gloomy day, doesnt it?

Happy thoughts.

Like Peter Pan.

Johnkers

Cataferal said:
See, now I'm just plain confused.

Well I'm in the camp that the Sixaxis and DS3 are the same (bar weight and rumble). However, my Sixaxis is the one that came with the white 40gb so that may or may not have something to do with it.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Linkzg said:
No drop out, the triggers are slightly better in that they are more consistent in terms of pressing them down, and analog sticks are slightly better.

Ah i see thanks man. I'll import one now :D

TEH-CJ

Banned
Linkzg said:
No drop out, the triggers are slightly better in that they are more consistent in terms of pressing them down, and analog sticks are slightly better.

Ah i see thanks man. I'll import one now :D

rodneyrom27

Neo Member
supermackem said:
Wrong its the same bloody pad with rumble anyone who says otherwise is just wrong and is looking for something that isnt there. Trust me i have two since launch in japan, its the same pad with added weight of rumble.

Yeah I got the Dual shock 3 when it came out in japan, its the same as the siaxis, sticks, triggers, THERE ALL THE SAME. Which is a good thing. 360 controller to clunky for me, DS3 is the shit

Fusebox

Banned
360 controller is just sublime. I've always preferred triggers with a decent throw (for driving and shooting) and analogue sticks which are firm so 360 >> DS3.

deadatom

Banned
well.. i would say the ps3 ds3... since it has a host of features that havent been used to thier full potential.. such as the motion sensing.. (yes i know alot of people hate it and its hard to pick up.. but thats just because most of us are getting old...if we where 12 we would all be able to pick up warhawk and kick ass.. but thats not the point lol) ... and it has rumble!! (lol ive never played a good game that used it for gameplay.. just for cutscenes).. also its enviromentally friendly and lasts along time!

but i digress.. the 360 controller is good.. just for fps games that dont want to push the limits with motion sensing like the wii and ps3 are trying to do(again motion sensing is risky business so its gonna be babysteps before another dev trys to implement motion sensing on the ps3) yeah the 360 controller is better suited for fps then the sixaxis or the ds3.. but people are forgetting about another ps3 controller that is designed for shooters.. the frag-fx! the frag-fx tears the 360 controller to bits on first person shooters... its no contest..thus...

sony ps3 controllers (DS3-sixaxis) has more features and potential then 360 controller...
sony ps3 controllers (DS3-sixaxis) is better for platformers, simulators, ect ect that isnt fps
splitfish ps3 controller (frag-fx) is better then xbox 360 controller for fps
oh yeah!
generic headset (generic headsets) are better then xbox headset
sony ps3 controller (eye-toy) is better then... uhh.. oh nm..

oh yeah... sorry about the grammar all.. im intoxicated half the time im awake.. sorry! also i type faster then i think.. sorry about the randomness!!:p

McLovin

I hate the d-pad on the 360's controller. It never seems to work right. And I tried allot of different 360 controllers. But yeah I agree with the OP.. I prefer the 360 controller for shooters..and thats about it.

Fusebox

Banned
deadatom said:
but thats not the point lol) ... and it has rumble!! (lol ive never played a good gameplay.. just for cutscenes).. also its enviromentally friendly and lasts along time!

How delightfully random.

BobM

i think the genre can make a big difference but i really thing it mostly comes down to personal preference.

I can tell you i got burnout paradise before i got my PS3 and the 30 controls worked great. but thats all i knew at the time. i tried the ps3 version and it felt differnent. not better not worse just different. Though i did really missthe rumble. Cant wait for DS3

klee123

I agree. The PS3, is a much better controller for practically every genre other than FPS to me. My biggest gripe with the 360 controller is the horrible D-pad and face buttons.

Top Bottom