• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Mindlog

Not even gonna try to argue the nonsense (storm caller melee not being OP that is) that is in your post but you can sleep well tonight by knowing storm caller melee is still retarded

https://twitter.com/Holtzmann_YT/status/831599662436118530/video/1

From current patch^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Call it OP. It is OP.
The issue is fixing it in a way that doesn't make Amplitude a carbon copy of every other warlock melee.

Or we can just keep watering down everything to balance PvP.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1) I have all 3 characters.
2) you obviously haven't played ME3 MP. If it's as good as the first, I might not play again until D2.
mj8DVik.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One full day without Destiny ever. Don't feel like I'm missing anything.

We are playing a shooter. Shooting games tends to have weapons to use. And they are supposed to be fun to use. Well can't say anything more than that.

No explanation other than they are probably trolling the community at this point. Hah hah. I've been thinking of how cool Metroid Prime is. Wish Destiny single player was as intricate as that.

WipedOut

We are playing a shooter. Shooting games tends to have weapons to use. And they are supposed to be fun to use. Well can't say anything more than that.

No explanation other than they are probably trolling the community at this point. Hah hah. I've been thinking of how cool Metroid Prime is. Wish Destiny single player was as intricate as that.

People who still play this game every single day can only be described as Masochists.

What is your current game/games of choice?(doesn't have to be a shooter)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm working on old school backlog. Mainly GCN and Wii stuff.

Always up for Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes or Ultra.

The main reason I have my Wii hooked up is so I can go back and play Tony Hawk Underground 2. It's still a great game.

As for Destiny, I played for an hour or two last night. The Crucible was fine, I guess. I was still running with Parthian Shot and I didn't feel much of a difference. I really didn't see a reason to play beyond that. I might put the game on hold again and focus on other stuff. Destiny 2 can't come fast enough.

Arrrammis

I'll never forget hearing "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" for the first time ever in my life.

Or "That Wizard came from the moon!" Flawless writing, I really wish they hadn't removed that line for the full release. It fully encapsulates Destiny for me haha

FyreWulff

People actually use Truth? Like, as a weapon?

I always thought it was to fulfill a "lol reference" quota.

I mean, I get why people hate the nerf, but I've always viewed it as the Dreg's Promise of Rocket Launchers.

SpecX

I'll never forget hearing "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" for the first time ever in my life.

I nearly burst out laughing at how pathetic that line was, but thought we would find time later to explain. It didn't hit me till after finishing the campaign that there really wasn't time to explain and Bungie fucking rushed out the story. Still enjoyed the game a long time afterwards and looking forward to D2.

Mindlog

gjallahorn behind the titan.

titanmasterclass confirmed.
Warlock would be 1000x better if the helmet had a light.
Not really. That's why Truth was buffed from 2 to 3 rockets per mag. Mildly popular for a while then Elimination came along and well the rest is history.

As with most exotics a big reason for Truth's use is that getting an exotic is far easier than getting a decently rolled non-vendor legendary.

stay gold

Ok so Hand Cannons actually feel really good. I don't understand why Sidearms have different ammo rules though, predictably they're a plague already.

I would like to shake the hand of the brilliant man who thought one haevy spawn would be great, and then spawning one team twice as close to it would be even better.

Not even gonna try to argue the nonsense (storm caller melee not being OP that is) that is in your post but you can sleep well tonight by knowing storm caller melee is still retarded

https://twitter.com/Holtzmann_YT/status/831599662436118530/video/1

From current patch^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess its all semantics. You call it 'Over Powered'. I call it 'Fun'. To me OP means its power is something that rivals everything else at the top. In what world is Stormcaller used in Trials the most for Warlock players? I remember Sunsinger used to be the only choice. Then Voidwalker garnered favor after the Sunsinger Nerf. Stormcaller always seemed to play second fiddle. An OP ability would surely bump Stormcaller up to numero uno no?

Sure, I'd say it is one of the best Melees in the game. But you know what? Over half of the Melees suck ass. All three of the Titan ones are terrible, Sunsingers used to be amazing (now meh), Voidwalkers is ok. Blandedancers sucks. Gunslingers had/has enthusiests but kind of lacks bite. And Smoke bombs are epic. So yeah, it's a good melee in a sea of meh and shit.

I know you play PvP WAY more than me so your opinion does matter. But In my personal opinion I HATE how Bungie changes these things that are a blast to use because they are good. I would rather play a game where all the classes and subclasses have unique things. Every character has a grenade, melee, and super. These abilities are not varied. The imagination is so shallow. And we had two interesting abilities that, while being essentially grenades (tripmines) and melee (stormcaller), were the most different unique versions of them. And it just seems like Bungie is homogenizing it. I hate that.

For fun, I just looked up winrate by Subclass in Trials. Stormcaller is second to last. Idk man, just seems like an 'OP' ability should help that win rate out a little more.

Bungie never has and never will be good at sandbox balance because they always rely on 90% stats and 10% outcry, instead of intelligent forethought and proactive theory. This is why they allow maps with uneven spawns to ship with their game.

Let's dispel the notion that they know what they're doing. They don't have any idea what they are doing.

GhaleonEB

I always thought it was to fulfill a "lol reference" quota.

I mean, I get why people hate the nerf, but I've always viewed it as the Dreg's Promise of Rocket Launchers.

Aggressive tracking coupled with huge blast radius and three in the tube was a nice combo. On void burn Nightfalls and Heroic strikes that thing would clear the room in a single shot. (Including you, if you were in the room.) It was my go-to once Hunger of Crota was EOL'd and before I got the new 'Horn.

I guess its all semantics. You call it 'Over Powered'. I call it 'Fun'. To me OP means its power is something that rivals everything else at the top. In what world is Stormcaller used in Trials the most for Warlock players? I remember Sunsinger used to be the only choice. Then Voidwalker garnered favor after the Sunsinger Nerf. Stormcaller always seemed to play second fiddle. An OP ability would surely bump Stormcaller up to numero uno no?

Sure, I'd say it is one of the best Melees in the game. But you know what? Over half of the Melees suck ass. All three of the Titan ones are terrible, Sunsingers used to be amazing (now meh), Voidwalkers is ok. Blandedancers sucks. Gunslingers had/has enthusiests but kind of lacks bite. And Smoke bombs are epic. So yeah, it's a good melee in a sea of meh and shit.

I know you play PvP WAY more than me so your opinion does matter. But In my personal opinion I HATE how Bungie changes these things that are a blast to use because they are good. I would rather play a game where all the classes and subclasses have unique things. Every character has a grenade, melee, and super. These abilities are not varied. The imagination is so shallow. And we had two interesting abilities that, while being essentially grenades (tripmines) and melee (stormcaller), were the most different unique versions of them. And it just seems like Bungie is homogenizing it. I hate that.

For fun, I just looked up winrate by Subclass in Trials. Stormcaller is second to last. Idk man, just seems like an 'OP' ability should help that win rate out a little more.

Agreed, people cry too much about things being OP and they get nerfed to the ground and all the fun and unique skills of the subclass are gone.

FyreWulff

Aggressive tracking coupled with huge blast radius and three in the tube was a nice combo. On void burn Nightfalls and Heroic strikes that thing would clear the room in a single shot. (Including you, if you were in the room.) It was my go-to once Hunger of Crota was EOL'd and before I got the new 'Horn.

Oh, I forgot it was Void. Yeah, that'd be useful for Nightfalls.

got my Thorn quest last night when I'm clearing some of my weeklies and finally looked into what needs to be done for it. man it's so much easier when compare with the original quest, mostly since the PvP part doesn't require you to die as little as possible I suppose. anyway, I still have the year one version sitting in my vault and I can't wait to get the quest clear out so I can rock the year 3 version too. have to wait til I'm back home on Friday to do it thou.

has the Blande Dancer's Hunger nerf also affected Voidwalker's Energy Drain/Life Steal?

My genade kills in PvP did not regenerate health like it does in PvE when I had a Hunger, Embrace the Void build

Shiv47

has the Blande Dancer's Hunger nerf also affected Voidwalker's Energy Drain/Life Steal?

My genade kills in PvP did not regenerate health like it does in PvE when I had a Hunger, Embrace the Void build
Yeah, Bungie fucked up all the other similar perks when they nerfed bladedancers

Hesemonni

Banned
Is the jumping bit in King's Fall after Golgoroth even doable with Warlock?

I was with a group there yesterday and had to be pulled to daughters, because of me failing ridiculously hard with that. The same thing with the first jumping bit after the crouch, never managed to land that.

Melchiah

Is the jumping bit in King's Fall after Golgoroth even doable with Warlock?

I was with a group there yesterday and had to be pulled to daughters, because of me failing ridiculously hard with that. The same thing with the first jumping bit after the crouch, never managed to land that.

It's doable, but annoying. I played the raid with a Warlock.

Melchiah

Drove me nuts and weep like a little baby :(

Yeah, I really don't find the raid platforming sections fun. The one in WOTM was pretty easy with a Hunter, and the quad jump of Bones of Eao. Some platforming sections are harder for me with a Hunter though, like getting the Calcified Fragments in the Sunless Cell strike.

EDIT:
Boost your agility to max and equip a sword, even a forum famous terrible warlock jumper like me could do it

That's how I did it as well. I'm not sure if I changed the agility settings for that part though, like I did for the first platforming section of the raid.

It seems like he made a new hunter. 😂

He had to, so he could delete his Titan. He explained himself on Reddit and said its because hes fallen out of love with the game and doesn't want it there as temptation.

Being the leader of the pack in deleting characters, I can confirm the feels

I feel like Destiny is a perfect game to play once in a while. If it's your primary game, you'll feel extraordinarily empty pretty quick.

Top Bottom