• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 20 best selling video game series on console/PC for 2005-2013 (starts at 22M)

Eusis

After yesterday's Polygon stupid graphs, we now have Ubisoft's stupid lists. I wonder how they'd look together.
Well, this isn't based off of Chartz, and Ubi's are probably the work of a rushed employee (seriously how do you skip TLoU if it's in your fiscal year!?) who just needs to impress investors versus someone seriously making an effort to establish a point but screwing the whole thing up, so that puts Ubisoft ahead despite their list aggravating me more in many ways.

Mory Dunz

Well, this isn't based off of Chartz, and Ubi's are probably the work of a rushed employee (seriously how do you skip TLoU if it's in your fiscal year!?) who just needs to impress investors versus someone seriously making an effort to establish a point but screwing the whole thing up, so that puts Ubisoft ahead despite their list aggravating me more in many ways.

Rushed employee?

I felt it was more a meticulous selection of games to make Ubisoft look better, but not leave out the CODs, FIFA, and Maddens to purposely show "We're hanging with the big boys".

Eusis

Rushed employee?

I felt it was more a meticulous selection of games to make Ubisoft look better, but not leave out the CODs, FIFA, and Maddens to purposely show "We're hanging with the big boys".
Some of those omissions are too glaring though given the time frame (I did see a story online saying Ubisoft said they finished their first quarter of FY14 in June) and the fact there's no ambiguity about where they fall, Gran Turismo 6 is at 81, and even if you blow that off for sales The Last of Us is one of THE highest scored games of the year and at 6 million sold, so even if it screws up their narrative it's not really one you can just pretend didn't exist. Exclusive angle doesn't even work given the presence of Forza and Dead Rising (without numbers for some reason) and the lack of Injustice. It was crafted to push an agenda, yes, but it seems like they didn't put much effort into this part for whatever reason given the arbitrary exceptions (TLoU and GT are undeniably non-casual but aren't there, Skylanders is just as casual as anything Nintendo's put out yet is there.)

Top Bottom