• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burger tops overrated Whataburger as most popular burger in Foursquare.

norm9

Bullshit study.

What a ridiculous way to set up the "study".

If you take Business Insider seriously, you're already out of business.

Bullshit study

Business Insider's way of using stats has made them a milkshake duck's defense force that's dying on a hill.

Attacking the messenger because you don't like the message is a bad look. Have a delicious In-N-Out strawberry shake!

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Weird, considering I&O is highly overrated (and yeah, their fries are fucking terrible).

Source: I've lived in SoCal for almost 20 years. There are better burger places within *walking distance* of pretty much any I&O.

I have been to the US quite many times and lived a year in Texas.

Never had Chic fil a, have i missed out or what? Seems it's very popular.

Do you live in Dallas? If so hit up Super Chicken, way better sandwich and fries and it's open on Sunday. Otherwise Chick-fil-a is pretty good (not taking their corporate's conservative Christian ideals into account). They tend to be much cleaner than the competition on average and very consistent in their food quality.

kewlmyc

As a recent resident of Texas:

In n' Out > Whataburger

Animal Style Burgers are better than any burger on Whataburger's menu. Both of their fries suck ass though. At least you have spicy ketchup at Whataburger I guess.

And yeah, Raising Cane's is pretty good too. But comparing them to a burger place seems stupid since it's a chicken finger place.

Veitsev

Attacking the messenger because you don't like the message is a bad look. Have a delicious In-N-Out strawberry shake!

Actually we are attacking the methodology which is bullshit.

You know what is a bad look?

Making a thread on an article on a horrible study, not linking the article in question in the OP, and making the thread title an inflammatory click bait one that isn't even the article title.

Calling this a study is disrespectful to actual studies. I&O is trash btw. Fucking awful fries, and mustard is terrible on burgers (Animal Style can go die forever).

Lived in SoCal for 3 years, had it twice, hated it twice. Luckily it was right next to a CFA so CFA never had a line (unlike in Texas lol).

Do you live in Dallas? If so hit up Super Chicken, way better sandwich and fries and it's open on Sunday. Otherwise Chick-fil-a is pretty good (not taking their corporate's conservative Christian ideals into account). They tend to be much cleaner than the competition on average and very consistent in their food quality.

No i dont but i lived in DFW(Plano). It's where i had Whataburger and also In n Out later on a visit.

ReAxion

And i am pretty sure 'visits' is Foursquare Check-Ins.

That hip service these days!

It's visits. Foursquare spun checkins out to the Swarm app years ago, but it does track where you go and either automatically counts visits or gives you a list and asks you to confirm you were there.

Yeah, I still use Foursquare. I still find it useful.

I was attacking Business Insider, thank you very much.

norm9

Actually we are attacking the methodology which is bullshit.

You know what is a bad look?

Making a thread on an article on a horrible study, not linking the article in question in the OP, and making the thread title an inflammatory click bait one that isn't even the article title.

My bad. Added the article link.

Piggus

Chick Fil A doesn't make any sense in Oregon. We have TWO locations in the whole state and I don't even know where they are. I assume they're all in the Portland area.

Whataburger is trash compared to In-N-Out.

Iceman

Calling this a study is disrespectful to actual studies. I&O is trash btw. Fucking awful fries, and mustard is terrible on burgers (Animal Style can go die forever).

Lived in SoCal for 3 years, had it twice, hated it twice. Luckily it was right next to a CFA so CFA never had a line (unlike in Texas lol).

More proof that opinions can be wrong. Animal style is the reason In'N Out is king. (That + never frozen meat, obv.)

pablito

The fuck criteria are they using to determine the most popular? Just looked up Raising Cane's in CA and there's only a few of them total. In Socal.

How are they the most popular?

Sulik2

I had Whataburger for the first time in September and it was awful. Even worse then In N Out which is already trash tier. I'd take a freaking pink slime mcds burger over either one.

besada

Banned
That's some ridiculous bullshit. In-n-Out is okay, but c'mon. That's just wrong. Go back where you came from, transplants.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Basically these are fast food places people want to tell their friends they are at. I "checked in" when I went to In-N-Out in Texas because there aren't too many of them in Texas, and there aren't any at all in Houston ( But they are building some soon ). Whataburgers are everywhere in Texas and not worth sharing when I go there so I'm not going to check in. Chick Fil A is a different animal. Almost everyone likes Chick Fil A and you can make many of your friends jealous if they see you're there, which is why CFA dominates the US map in this category.

People in Houston always talk about going to Dallas to eat at In N Out because it’s an event. Whataburger is fucking everywhere and is not an event.

jotun?

Every In-N-Out I've seen in Texas is in a high-traffic area, so of course they'll get more business per store than places that are more evenly distributed.

Probably the same story with most of those Chick Fil-A states

studyguy

30 years all around CA literally never heard of Raising Canes.
Where the fuck is that? I mean I'm not gonna shit on it, if it gets good marks I wanna try it, but never seen one in my life.

kmfdmpig

I actually like In-N-Out, particularly their double double. Never tried Whataburger, despite it being not too far away.
That preference doesn't salvage the worst data analysis imaginable when determining popularity, however.
If the study was titled "best potential for future growth by state" then it would have some legitimacy as the existing locations are obviously quite popular, which seems to indicate that new locations would be sustainable.

Top Bottom