• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burger tops overrated Whataburger as most popular burger in Foursquare.

Pkaz01

CANES NEEDS A SPICY OPTION

They have hot sauce packets if you ask for them. I like to mix it with their sauce. Their sweet tea is like crack though.

Again, this seems to be going off of check instead with Foursquare. The fewer of a place, the more likely people are going to check in to show off on social media..

Yea it looks like some stupid per store formula. At least it helped me realize there are Canes locations in LA. I knew arizona had them too.

Zoe

Is this serious? I feel like to qualify each chain should have at least thirty locations in each major city in a state. Also, according to four square check in? Like who the hell uses "check in" outside of Facebook. I've never even downloaded four square
I use Foursquare (actually Swarm) to keep track of where I've been. It's interesting to know when I haven't been to a place in over a year.

Though I only check in if I actually sit in, not drive thru or pick up, so fast food wouldn't even register for me.

Ryu1999

I saw Cane's when I've had to pass through Charlottesville in recent weeks and I had no idea what it was. Definitely going to have to stop by next Monday

Damn y’all missing out not having Cane’s.

Definitely the shirt to the fried chicken throne that CFA has, honestly might be better now that I’ve broken my obsession that I used to have with it. Their Cane’s sauce is fucking crazy.

Dishwalla

Banned
This whole thread is flawed from the get go when the OP specifically points out Texas to laugh at it for In N Out being the favorite instead of the local Whataburger, yet In N Out didn't even win it's home state of California.

zashga

Do we even have Cane's in California? Never seen one here. I wish we had Whataburger instead of In n Out.

Also: Nevada, are you OK?

state_word_map.png

Thanks Reddit

Timeaisis

Haha, just shows us Texans don't read trash publications like Business Insider.

In N Out is the most basic burger I've ever eaten. It ain't bad but... It ain't anything to write home about.

Edit: wait based on Foursquare check-ins? Lmao. Oh, you. Whataburger patrons have moved on from foursquare, clearly, seeing as it's not 2010 anymore.

Is Cane's a NorCal thing? Never seen one in SoCal.
Nah, it started in Baton Rouge and then spread out from there.

In-N-Out is only in Austin right? I've been there a couple of times and it's just basic. Shakes are really good though. Whataburger is the best burger place. CFA and Cane's are both great too.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Nah, it started in Baton Rouge and then spread out from there.

In-N-Out is only in Austin right? I've been there a couple of times and it's just basic. Shakes are really good though. Whataburger is the best burger place. CFA and Cane's are both great too.

They have a good amount of DFW locations now as well.

Just straight up cheeseburger vs cheeseburger, I give it to In N Out. Whataburger wins overall with their specialty burgers and variety.

Two Words

I am in Texas and I was excited to try out In-N-Out when it came here years ago. I was very disappointed with it. Whataburger is much much better. Plus, Whataburger has great breakfast food. I’d take some Whataburger sausage egg and cheese taquitos over anything from In-N-Out every day.

Robot Pants

Cane’s is delicious.
In n out is also delicious.
Whattaburger is also delicious.

Chick fil a is over priced garbage. Them being all over that map worries me. No wonder we elected Trump

TDLink

LA is devoid of Cane's and yet it won the state. I'm not mad it won, but I'm mad there are none in the city. Bring more Cane's!

What? Foursquare? I thought that died years ago. Might as well source Myspace posts while they're at it.

Based on personal experience I say Whataburger is on top in Texas. No matter what time or location I go to I'm always at least 2 cars behind.

Never heard of Foursquare til today. And I'm surprised that In-N-Out isn't the top one in California considering it started there (didn't it?). Then again I'm not in Cali so I can't speak for them.

norm9

Never heard of Foursquare til today. And I'm surprised that In-N-Out isn't the top one in California considering it started there (didn't it?). Then again I'm not in Cali so I can't speak for them.

Foursquare used to be a ton of fun. You check into a place enough times and you became mayor. You got to see other people who checked in alot trying to take your spot. It was my go-to social media app for the longest time and then they changed it to Swarm or something and the mayor battles stopped.

Foursquare used to be a ton of fun. You check into a place enough times and you became mayor. You got to see other people who checked in alot trying to take your spot. It was my go-to social media app for the longest time and then they changed it to Swarm or something and the mayor battles stopped.
Huh. That sounds kind of fun! Guess it's been a while since its been popular though.

LA is devoid of Cane's and yet it won the state. I'm not mad it won, but I'm mad there are none in the city. Bring more Cane's!

Actually, LA is the only place in CA that even has Cane's (they expanded here last year). All 8 of the CA locations are in so cal.

This article is trash clickbait written by trash people.

nasax

Has anyone had the coffee milkshake at Whataburger? Is it good?

I like their milkshakes but they’re like 100,000 calories for a small.

Wait, there’s a coffee milkshake at Whataburger?! Wtf am I doing here typing this reply.

FLEABttn

Banned
Whataburger isn’t bad, it’s just the most mediocre burger I’ve eaten. Used to live a half mile from one, went maybe 4 times ever.

Top Bottom