• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

shanshan, you tried to help me out when my lying thread was getting derailed so I only feel it's right for me to return the favour.

As I can't think of anything I can do to help, I'll just say that as a member of Guy-GAF, I feel pretty much disqualified from posting in this thread to begin with. So I'll be leaving now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My post got deleted but I ain't even mad. At least I got a response whether guys can post in here by OP then by Stump.

Ashes

Banned
I guessed you folks wouldn't talk about periods after the last thread lock up. But you didn't even make it past the op without a time of the month joke. :p

Wish you the best of luck.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Zoe said:
I believe it was because catch-all/random threads aren't allowed.
They are for men, gay guys, transexuals etc... just not girls.

EDIT: At least they weren't at the time when we had girl-gaf topic where there were at least 30 other girls posting. I see they are allowed now, so that's progress.

bananas

Banned
8DvoJ.jpg

Imma guy too btw :)

Waiwaiwaiw wait - Icecream is a girl? My world reality... Shattered!

Kidding aside, good luck fostering a girl-friendly environment OP. I always thought GAF wasn't the best place for girl posters, what with the general dudebro-ery around these parts.

So..... I'm kind of glad about this. I think depite the name( from a story i am illustrating and my bf is writing) and my pic, I still am usually thought of as a guy; however consider the source. :i but most of the posts I make are irrelavant to my sex and gender, so it is not surprising.

Anyway... I am a pc and table-top gamer, mostly. I used to play more console games a few years ago, but I has no tv, but that's not a problem, so its whatever. I recently won a beta key to Path of Exile with some artwork, which is pretty good stuff... Both earning the key and playing the beta and offering input, especially being a girl.

Other than that I work at Starbucks and to to school for a studio arts degree with concentration in digital media and am in an extracurricular group called gamedev... So I am actually part of the creative process of making games! Yeah! Super legit,yo.

coldvein

Banned
Peasant Princess-King said:
So..... I'm kind of glad about this. I think depite the name( from a story i am illustrating and my bf is writing) and my pic, I still am usually thought of as a guy; however consider the source. :i but most of the posts I make are irrelavant to my sex and gender, so it is not surprising.

Anyway... I am a pc and table-top gamer, mostly. I used to play more console games a few years ago, but I has no tv, but that's not a problem, so its whatever. I recently won a beta key to Path of Exile with some artwork, which is pretty good stuff... Both earning the key and playing the beta and offering input, especially being a girl.

Other than that I work at Starbucks and to to school for a studio arts degree with concentration in digital media and am in an extracurricular group called gamedev... So I am actually part of the creative process of making games! Yeah! Super legit,yo.

thank you for sharing this amazing story.

I'm a girl, but I don't really have anything in particular to say. Oh, has anyone ever run into the token jerks that assume you won't know what game they're talking about just because you're a girl? I hate that.

Aeana

We had a thread like this before and it was kind of dominated by people talking about their taste in men and straight guys seeking advice from women. I hope this one goes a little better.

As for being recognized as a girl, some people still think I'm a guy despite my tag and plenty of information to the opposite. I guess some people just aren't very attentive. Shrug. Sometimes it is better if you blend in as one of the guys in geek communities.

Charoncaori said:
I'm a girl, but I don't really have anything in particular to say. Oh, has anyone ever run into the token jerks that assume you won't know what game they're talking about just because you're a girl? I hate that.
I can appreciate the fact that you picked a female-only Pokemon species as your avatar. Who is she dressed up as, though?

coldvein

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Isn't this just the asshole equivalent of "cool story bro"?

yes.

why so sarcastic? because i don't believe anyone here deserves an introduction. even the ones with boobs. i'm a dick, i know.

Aeana

Charoncaori said:
Have you ever gone into a Gamestop looking for a game and had the employee ask if you were buying it for your boyfriend?
Nerds can be awesomely condescending at times.

Granger Danger said:
I can appreciate the fact that you picked a female-only Pokemon species as your avatar. Who is she dressed up as, though?
Okay, so this pokemon's name in Japanese is Vulgina. There's a character in Gundam known as Char. In the second gundam series, he disguised himself as someone named Quattro Bajeena
(Vagina)
. It's kind of a stretch pun.
You're the first to have asked. =D

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Aeana said:
We had a thread like this babbeyefore and it was kind of dominated by people talking about their taste in men and straight guys seeking advice from women. I hope this one goes a little better.

As for being recognized as a girl, some people still think I'm a guy despite my tag and plenty of information to the opposite. I guess some people just aren't very attentive. Shrug. Sometimes it is better if you blend in as one of the guys in geek communities.
I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about your taste in men, a lot of guys do that too. But yeah I agree about the "Dear Abby" type of posts, surely we can't possibly speak for all the women out there.

Aeana

coldvein said:
let's talk about how summer is ending and BOOB SWEAT is finally over!
Summer is definitely not ending where I am. Boob sweat will continue for at least another month. :(

Aeana said:
Have you ever gone into a Gamestop looking for a game and had the employee ask if you were buying it for your boyfriend?
Nerds can be awesomely condescending at times.
I haven't had this happen to me, but I have been asked if I was buying a game for another person.
When I was at PAX, some guy started talking to me and, after I had shown him the tourney medals I'd won, he asked if I was there to accompany friends. =/

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Charoncaori said:
I think that's only an American phenomenon. Its a bit different here in the UK because lot of girls are into gaming and guys don't act shocked or act as if they don't know what they are talking about.

Levyne

Banned
i wish I could more easily meet/identify NeoGAF-like girls IRL. heck finding guys as into the neogaf stuff (gaming, etc) is hard. All of them are mainly Call of Duty Madden only and think they have a deep taste in games because they played Mass Effect.

I don't care about boob sweat. I like summer. It's starting to get down into the 30's at night here, and 60's during the day. :(

My local gamestops seem to be run by women so on the rare occasion I do go to one I get treated fairly well.

Well apart from the rape, though I don't think gender comes into play here. Walking into a GameStop is just asking for it.

andymcc

Banned
Khold said:
i wish I could more easily meet/identify NeoGAF-like girls IRL. heck finding guys as into the neogaf stuff (gaming, etc) is hard. All of them are mainly Call of Duty Madden only and think they have a deep taste in games because they played Mass Effect.

i don't think this is the thread for this. :p

this sounds creepy and condescending too.

Inanna said:
I think that's only an American phenomenon. Its a bit different here in the UK because lot of girls are into gaming and guys don't act shocked or act as if they don't know what they are talking about.
Granted, this doesn't happen very often, it's usually only with kids or the kinds of guys who don't get out much...

That does sound nice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom