• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TCL P607 P Series ( the new mid range/budget 4k/HDR recommendation)

Philippo

Is this avaible online (or physically) in Hong Kong? I might have a friend to buy it for me. If so, send me a link please, i tried to navigate the chinese shop but woth scarce results.

Quick question, it's a different TV but still a TCL so I thought I would ask here.

I can get a brand new TCL S405 49inch for only $200 right now from my local Target. I'm on a really tight budget and this looks damn appealing at the price to get into super cheap 4K gaming.

Would it be a good deal to jump on it considering how cheap that is? I really don't have the spare cash right now for a more expensive set

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just bought a P607 online at Best Buy and am about to go pick it up! Been interested in this for a little while now because of the more attractive price point and don't have any TVs or monitors that are 4K.

Quick question, it's a different TV but still a TCL so I thought I would ask here.

I can get a brand new TCL S405 49inch for only $200 right now from my local Target. I'm on a really tight budget and this looks damn appealing at the price to get into super cheap 4K gaming.

Would it be a good deal to jump on it considering how cheap that is? I really don't have the spare cash right now for a more expensive set

From what I've read about that line, it's got the same low input lag, but the picture is noticeably-darker than the P-Series and it's not the same type of HDR available.

I was going to go for this one too, but ultimately held off-- saw too many comments and reviews saying it was absolutely worth getting the P series model instead. Huge difference in picture quality.

From Rtings.com:
When set in a bright room with more lighting, the S405 can't really overcome glare since it can't get very bright and can't deal very well with reflections. The viewing angle is also not that good and the best picture quality is only reserved for a narrow zone in front of the TV. The gray uniformity could be better and dirty screen effect is noticeable. Finally, HDR is average and the lack of a wide color gamut, low HDR peak brightness, and lack of local dimming doesn't make HDR content stand out.

This TV is dimmer than its P Series counterpart. If I am only looking for one for 4k gaming specifically, and I tend to play in a dark room, is it better to save more for a P Series instead of the S Series?

Both TVs are excellent for gaming in general, but the P607 stands out due to its good HDR capabilities. Even in a dark room, the difference in peak brightness and contrast will be noticeable for highlights. Otherwise, both TVs are evenly matched in terms of input lag and handling of motion, which contributes to making them both good gaming TVs. If you intend to play on modern consoles in the near future and care about HDR content, the P607 is the way to go, otherwise save the money and go with the S405.

If you don't care about the HDR, it's hard to beat for $200.

From what I've read about that line, it's got the same low input lag, but the picture is noticeably-darker than the P-Series and it's not the same type of HDR available.

I was going to go for this one too, but ultimately held off-- saw too many comments and reviews saying it was absolutely worth getting the P series model instead. Huge difference in picture quality.

Thing is I just don't have the money and this is only $200. Which seems insanely cheap for a 49inch 4k. I don't have the money for the P series no matter what so it's either this or no 4k set for me at all. Was just seeing if it was worth that price or a waste of time.

Currently gaming on a 5 year old 1080p Vizio

Lyte Edge

Thing is I just don't have the money and this is o my $200. Which seems insanely cheap for a 49inch 4k. I don't have the money for the P series no matter what so it's either this or no 4k set for me at all. Was just seeing if it was worth that price or a waste of time.

Just updated my post with some comments from Rtings.com, if that helps.

I wasn't about to drop $600+ on a TV since I don't need one and have been gaming on a 27" 1080P IPS ASUS Designo monitor with super-low input lag and an amazing picture. I had no plans to get anything else until I started seeing all the praise for this particular TV. Ended up trading in a bunch of old games (just about my entire 3DS library) to Amazon and got $700 for everything. Otherwise I would have held off for at least a few more years, if not until the next console gen started.

Thing is I just don't have the money and this is only $200. Which seems insanely cheap for a 49inch 4k. I don't have the money for the P series no matter what so it's either this or no 4k set for me at all. Was just seeing if it was worth that price or a waste of time.

Do you have a ps4 pro? If not I would wait for sure. Even if you do I would still recommend waiting. 4k is great and all but the showstopper is hdr. It's your money though, and it's easy for me to sit here and tell you to wait, but you know your finances, do what's best for you.

Karish

Have you guys had problems with PS4 Pro? Unless I set manually to YUV420 it glitches out. I thought it best to have set to automatic as I have heard non HDR is best with RGB. Help!

Edit: before anyone asks my video info says 2.2 and 4k 60hz supported no matter which mode I'm in, but only the RGB glitches out.

Edit 2: I'm using Arc to go through a Vizio sound bar, could that be part of the problem?

Karish

The P is amazing but for $200 you should absolutely get that

jchung55

Can anyone post some optimal settings for HDR gaming for this set? I'm having a hard time deciding between HDR bright/normal/dark

Yoday

HDR or not, I don't see how you could not be happy with a well reviewed $200 49" 4K TV. Assuming you're not taking a huge hit in screen size, that has to be a huge upgrdae over a 5 year old Vizio. Hell, I'd get that for my bedroom if I didn't already have a high quality 55" 1080p TV in there.

Just a heads up. There are 97 days until Black Friday. Wait to purchase this for 8 days and then you are inside the black friday price protection window for most major credit cards and if for some reason the price drops on this model, you can get the difference refunded to you.

Karish

On the TCL P series, the Dolby settings are reversed between Netflix and Youtube.

You need to set the Roku picture mode to Dolby BRIGHT when watching Netlfix Dolby HDR. Set it to Dolby DARK when watching Youtube Dolby HDR. I'm not sure about Amazon but it's probably Dolby dark as well.

Makes a world of difference, and Daredevil looks freaking amazing during night scenes.

Dude you're right

MAX PAYMENT

Just a heads up. There are 97 days until Black Friday. Wait to purchase this for 8 days and then you are inside the black friday price protection window for most major credit cards and if for some reason the price drops on this model, you can get the difference refunded to you.

How does that work?

And where the hell is the news for the 65"?

Picked up the 605 the other day and been mostly happy with it but games over PC via HDMI seem to be pretty washed out in comparison to how they look on my og PS4 and really lack pop/sense of depth to the visuals. Anyone have settings for PC to help alleviate this? Been toggling things in nvidia control panel like rgb vs the hdr modes but that doesn't seem to change much. Will try fiddling with changing input type designation to PC to see if that helps any. Any help appreciated!

cskippy

Neo Member
You need to use RGB Full Range for HDMI on PC. It's under video settings in Nvidia Control panel. If that doesn't work download the Nvidia RGB full range toggler app and restart your computer.

Klocker

Okay I don't know if it is an issue with the TV or with my Xbox one?

every once in awhile when I go into gamma settings within a game or in the Xbox dashboard itself for calibration purposes the calibration image appears properly and allows me to adjust it.

most of the time it is not visible at all, for example in Ghost Recon wildlands under gamma setting you cannot see the ghost image at all, however, yesterday for a minute or two I was able to see it and adjust it.
when I went back to check it later it was gone and the test image is not visible.

same with the Xbox One calibration tool. again I'm not sure but does anyone know if this is related to the Xbox One output or my HDMI cable? I am using the original xbox cable and I have swapped it out a couple times with other ones for the same result.

is it the TV picking up the wrong signal from the Xbox?

I've tried 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit, 1080p, 720p and PC RGB and standard RGB, which is of course what I usually run.

How does that work?

And where the hell is the news for the 65"?

They just cancelled the 50 and 65" and are going to go right to work on the next generation of TVs instead.

Regarding price match, most credit cards will refund you any price difference on a qualified purchase if the price goes down within 90 days of you buying it with their credit card. If this TV goes on sale during Black Friday, you can get a screen cap and send it to their price match service who will give you the difference back.

My message was for those who might be needing a tv but want to wait and see if it goes on sale for BF. With price match, you can buy in 8 days and then if it goes on sale over the next 90 days, you're protected and get the sale price.

Stiler

Wow, just heard about them canning the 50" and 65" version of this tv.

Such a bummer, and it really leaves me scratching my head.

So many people I know were waiting on the 65" after seeing the reviews or watching my 55" version and were planning on getting it.

Now they either have to go down (and 10" isn't a small thing either, especially once you see it side by side) or figure out another brand to go to.

A bit strange as well, considering how well the tv was reviewed and how fast it was selling out on amazon, etc.

TCL was finally making a name for themselves in the US market and this seems like a boneheaded move. Why couldn't they simply release the other sizes as well as work on the new models? I mean they are a huge company...(bigger than sony in the tv market).

Wow, just heard about them canning the 50" and 65" version of this tv.

Such a bummer, and it really leaves me scratching my head.

So many people I know were waiting on the 65" after seeing the reviews or watching my 55" version and were planning on getting it.

Now they either have to go down (and 10" isn't a small thing either, especially once you see it side by side) or figure out another brand to go to.

A bit strange as well, considering how well the tv was reviewed and how fast it was selling out on amazon, etc.

TCL was finally making a name for themselves in the US market and this seems like a boneheaded move. Why couldn't they simply release the other sizes as well as work on the new models? I mean they are a huge company...(bigger than sony in the tv market).

Short answer: $$$$

Longer answer: Its much easier to get best buy to carry one tv model than carry three. I know that best buy Carry like 20 models of Samsung t.v. but they have a much different relationship with Samsung.

If you have a product that's selling very well you should push that produce very hard, even if it means delaying or completely canceling other product lines in order to promote your popular product. This current model of the t.v. does have some glaring issues (dirty screen effect, built in speakers) that will ultimately keep it from becoming a big hit. With all of this in mind it makes the most sense to consolidate the current product line down to the most popular product and push forward to the next generation of tv that will be the real game changer.

MrBenchmark

Okay I don't know if it is an issue with the TV or with my Xbox one?

every once in awhile when I go into gamma settings within a game or in the Xbox dashboard itself for calibration purposes the calibration image appears properly and allows me to adjust it.

most of the time it is not visible at all, for example in Ghost Recon wildlands under gamma setting you cannot see the ghost image at all, however, yesterday for a minute or two I was able to see it and adjust it.
when I went back to check it later it was gone and the test image is not visible.

same with the Xbox One calibration tool. again I'm not sure but does anyone know if this is related to the Xbox One output or my HDMI cable? I am using the original xbox cable and I have swapped it out a couple times with other ones for the same result.

is it the TV picking up the wrong signal from the Xbox?

I've tried 8 bit, 10 bit, 12 bit, 1080p, 720p and PC RGB and standard RGB, which is of course what I usually run.
Are you in the preview program? Right now alpha wave gamma is fubar! I can't even watch 4k bluray the blacks are brown but pop in the reg bluray blacks are perfect something is majorly jacked up.

Snagged this TV today and got home to find this. Not quite a group of dead pixels because if you look at the spot from above, you can see that it's like some sort of 3D metal ring that was leftover during manufacturing I guess?

Needless to say, I will be heading back to Best Buy tomorrow for an exchange.

What I saw of it was beautiful though!

q32mcCepg3PIO6N1oMoCs1bP7D0nvWyuoSiuceBy8nt79u6O_ddLCyVgZ3gndNVjHMW5n2NzLxEJFOYo9vDowLoLmuY2DqH8_WkNhOJPcovwhsSpk1y9zpU27En3a6S4UQsBlsRqMfv4hd1gwsJFSSTwFG0LnWyNoztchXDRFRwbkFj2y5yPbh39iYDcewnLy46qR_M1C7mxRhjoYBaP0fWysmJFRsFKnfCSAy_hkaWsVL76D8RySQCQCONu0xrgmN6I1BJ6H4lk8PxLGw1QgN2_KOhK8zm5mdWPziYm1Hgsqo58fk78ArJ9otzb81ouCGhH_dBpVrz-6onmA1PXDlKAJ1pCnHpc-FQKNriTPIccMpB_47o3giJDaQOOuMwRBzZcprRUyj5fSlpJCT9ecbNesr1E_bZAUSKIBIkEFI3jN9ruyOS65Iffcdv2OtJiPXl24v2BVfoKEkjb20586k9GiT5MeQ1LsHRh4htJgOjOVna8AppEfPF1TV4bAHQd78paBOZTojWqXivDGHCGNckdUdhM2nzvJQyvt0gByelqI0yt-51aV16AXHV8l-WSSLJgve9LZSz_-4fX4z-stKk_cKFcWjZKofjeoQMXx972NVyQm7Jxkw=s0

Snagged this TV today and got home to find this. Not quite a group of dead pixels because if you look at the spot from above, you can see that it's like some sort of 3D metal ring that was leftover during manufacturing I guess?

Needless to say, I will be heading back to Best Buy tomorrow for an exchange.

What I saw of it was beautiful though!

q32mcCepg3PIO6N1oMoCs1bP7D0nvWyuoSiuceBy8nt79u6O_ddLCyVgZ3gndNVjHMW5n2NzLxEJFOYo9vDowLoLmuY2DqH8_WkNhOJPcovwhsSpk1y9zpU27En3a6S4UQsBlsRqMfv4hd1gwsJFSSTwFG0LnWyNoztchXDRFRwbkFj2y5yPbh39iYDcewnLy46qR_M1C7mxRhjoYBaP0fWysmJFRsFKnfCSAy_hkaWsVL76D8RySQCQCONu0xrgmN6I1BJ6H4lk8PxLGw1QgN2_KOhK8zm5mdWPziYm1Hgsqo58fk78ArJ9otzb81ouCGhH_dBpVrz-6onmA1PXDlKAJ1pCnHpc-FQKNriTPIccMpB_47o3giJDaQOOuMwRBzZcprRUyj5fSlpJCT9ecbNesr1E_bZAUSKIBIkEFI3jN9ruyOS65Iffcdv2OtJiPXl24v2BVfoKEkjb20586k9GiT5MeQ1LsHRh4htJgOjOVna8AppEfPF1TV4bAHQd78paBOZTojWqXivDGHCGNckdUdhM2nzvJQyvt0gByelqI0yt-51aV16AXHV8l-WSSLJgve9LZSz_-4fX4z-stKk_cKFcWjZKofjeoQMXx972NVyQm7Jxkw=s0

Damn, sucks that happened but you seem level headed about it. Good luck with your next one!

Klocker

Are you in the preview program? Right now alpha wave gamma is fubar! I can't even watch 4k bluray the blacks are brown but pop in the reg bluray blacks are perfect something is majorly jacked up.

I am not. I am on retail dash.

Damn but for some reason I think it's either the tv not receiving signal right or Xbox having gamma screwed. I even reset console.

Are you able to see the calibration closed eye?

Are any Xbox owners able to see the closed eye in calibration tool? Or the sample for gamma in other games?

I'm starting to wonder if my TV is screwed up

Thx

Karish

Ok I have a couple of questions I've asked that haven't been answered. Going to put them all here in hopes someone will see:

1. I have Vizio sound bar hooked up via ARC HDMI. It's very loud at any volume over 10, is this normal? I guess it's fine but it's strange to see the volume get so loud with so few notches to change.

2. If I have my PS4 Pro video settings set to auto, it all glitches out. Only if I have it manually set to YUV420 will it work without a problem. I have HDCP 2.2 And 4K @ 60 working on both YUV420 And RGB, But if I have RGB going it glitches. Is this normal? OK to have manually set to YUV420?

Ok I have a couple of questions I've asked that haven't been answered. Going to put them all here in hopes someone will see:

1. I have Vizio sound bar hooked up via ARC HDMI. It's very loud at any volume over 10, is this normal? I guess it's fine but it's strange to see the volume get so loud with so few notches to change.

2. If I have my PS4 Pro video settings set to auto, it all glitches out. Only if I have it manually set to YUV420 will it work without a problem. I have HDCP 2.2 And 4K @ 60 working on both YUV420 And RGB, But if I have RGB going it glitches. Is this normal? OK to have manually set to YUV420?

About the ps4 pro, I have all of my settings set to auto and it works fine, I'm not sure what's causing you issues, maybe try swapping our the hdmi cable and seeing if that helps.

RedAssedApe

Banned
About the ps4 pro, I have all of my settings set to auto and it works fine, I'm not sure what's causing you issues, maybe try swapping our the hdmi cable and seeing if that helps.

yup. everything auto and tv set to hdmi 2.0. if your ps4 craps out and only works over hdmi 1.4 it probably means an issue with your hdmi cable. try the one that came with the ps4 pro if you're using some other cable at the moment

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So what's the best way to get this in Canada?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is this avaible online (or physically) in Hong Kong? I might have a friend to buy it for me. If so, send me a link please, i tried to navigate the chinese shop but woth scarce results.
I'd like to ask this same question, but for Japan. Can I get this online here?

//ARCANUM

I also use a vizio soundbar and the loudest I can set it is like 18, and that's cranked up and sounds SUPER loud. So yeah, 10 sounds about right. Just the way they communicate. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Stiler

Picked up the 605 the other day and been mostly happy with it but games over PC via HDMI seem to be pretty washed out in comparison to how they look on my og PS4 and really lack pop/sense of depth to the visuals. Anyone have settings for PC to help alleviate this? Been toggling things in nvidia control panel like rgb vs the hdr modes but that doesn't seem to change much. Will try fiddling with changing input type designation to PC to see if that helps any. Any help appreciated!

HDR on windows 10 is shit atm thanks to microsoft.

With HDR turned on in windows it washes out the colors and makes everything look drab and dreary because they thought it was smart to make HDR = on the desktop (and thus everything hdr, even if it's not meant to be), so in order to make the desktop and things not blow out your eyes because a lot of things are white their answer was to make the colors look muted, which in turn makes hdr mode on look like shit.

Nvidia is stuck because it's a ms issue, at least according to their forums.

As far as games it really depends on the game.

I tried and tried to get HDR to work on ME: A and couldn't for the life of me. HDR on in windows, off, on in game, nothing seemed to work for me.

I don't see why microsoft can't simply have HDR off and only "enable" it when you are watching an HDR capable video or game, that'd make the desktop/webpagesa look normal and bright and hdr not cause issues for nvidia and games.

Spasm

After a couple of days, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Apps. I was using the Xbox One for Amazon, Netflix, OTA, Plex, and SlingTV. The Roku's apps are so much better, it's ridiculous. I wasn't expecting this advantage. I was just going to blindly keep using the Xbox apps.
The OS is fast and smooth and pleasant to use.
I wish to GODDAMN that I could disable the IR beacon flash. Anyone know if that's possible? If not, I may have to break out the electric tape.

Advertising. BOO!

Picture. I don't have a Pro or a One S, so I've relied on the built-in apps for 4k and HDR. At first, I was pretty underwhelmed. Iron Fist says it's DV, and its picture was in-line with the rest of the show; lacking. Then I started up Sense 8 and was blown away by the damn title sequence. It's 4K (HDR10?), while IF is DV. Is there a bug with DV or something?
No dead pixels!
Grey uniformity is noticeably mediocre. But if I'm not looking for it, I rarely notice it.
I would have preferred the 65", but this fits in my space well enough.

Gaming. I had gotten used to the 40-50ms latency from my old TV, and I was not quite prepared for ~15ms. I kept over-aiming in Titanfall and Halo. It will take some getting used to, and I might need to lower my sensitivity.
I can't wait to get a Pro and an S or X. I'm going to hold off making any more progress in Hellblade until I get a Pro (any deals, currently?).

Bottom line. It's an unbelievable value for $600, and I'm not even getting the full benefit yet.

Are you able to see the calibration closed eye?

Are any Xbox owners able to see the closed eye in calibration tool? Or the sample for gamma in other games?
I tried everything attempting to get the closed eye to show up; Standard Color Space, RGB Color Space, 24-bit Depth, 30-bit Depth, 36-bit Depth... Nada. It does say it just might not show at all on some TVs, so I gave it a rest.

enewtabie

Would the 55US57 model be an good? I saw it at a local store and we need a living room tv for our House we are building. No gaming, just tv. I'm ordering a P series off Amazon for my game room.

HDR on windows 10 is shit atm thanks to microsoft.

With HDR turned on in windows it washes out the colors and makes everything look drab and dreary because they thought it was smart to make HDR = on the desktop (and thus everything hdr, even if it's not meant to be), so in order to make the desktop and things not blow out your eyes because a lot of things are white their answer was to make the colors look muted, which in turn makes hdr mode on look like shit.

Nvidia is stuck because it's a ms issue, at least according to their forums.

As far as games it really depends on the game.

I tried and tried to get HDR to work on ME: A and couldn't for the life of me. HDR on in windows, off, on in game, nothing seemed to work for me.

I don't see why microsoft can't simply have HDR off and only "enable" it when you are watching an HDR capable video or game, that'd make the desktop/webpagesa look normal and bright and hdr not cause issues for nvidia and games.

Oh I was more talking about trying to get non hdr games to not look washed out but yeah hdr ones in W10 are definitely a no go, I had to reinstall windows even due to how badly the creators update screwed with my drivers. I found out hdr has been compatible pre creators for awhile, both RE7 and MEA produce the hdr logo on my TV when launching but still seem way washed out and dim compared to how ps4 hdr titles look. I hope they fix it soon, really want to experience The Witness in hdr.

At least it seems I sorta solved the washed out issues using rgb full on pc, though now I'm getting irritated by a particularly prominent patch of clouding in the bottom left corner of the TV. This is my first led set so had to Google and read in here how that's a normal thing but egads it ruins immersion when playing or watching something in dark areas. Coming off using a Sammy plasma for years it's certainly an adjustment.

I saw a site mention clouding diminishes the more time a panel is used, is this bunk or some truth to it? Don't really want to do an exchange either if this is par for the course for these sets and an expected thing to get clouding on each one to some degree.

Luke_Wal

How are you getting it for only $200? Do you have a gift card or some sort of promo? Because I'm about to buy a 43" 1080p for my roommates downstairs for $230 and would love that extra size.

Klocker

...I tried everything attempting to get the closed eye to show up; Standard Color Space, RGB Color Space, 24-bit Depth, 30-bit Depth, 36-bit Depth... Nada. It does say it just might not show at all on some TVs, so I gave it a rest.

Thanks... it actually says for the closed eye that if it doesn't show to change the HDMI black level. Which is not possible on this tv

The contrast white sun not showing on some TV's is a given though but the closed eye is supposed to show with correct settings

...and the thing is.. I DID see it once ... just one time and I had to adjust my contrast and brightness from what I had... next day it was gone again

Seems like it's not rendering properly

Will see what happens when I hook my Xbox X

Lyte Edge

Stupid question: How do I know HDR is working? I see a bunch of options pop up after you connect something and turn it on and it's input-specific, but I have no idea which setting is which.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Stupid question: How do I know HDR is working? I see a bunch of options pop up after you connect something and turn it on and it's input-specific, but I have no idea which setting is which.

Hdr or Dolby vision pop up notification if the content supports

Also you'll see different video modes available in the menu

Sdr: movie, normal, sport, vivid
Hdr: hdr dark, etc
Dv: Dv dark, normal, bright

Spasm

Hdr or Dolby vision pop up notification if the content supports it

I've only ever seen the DV pop-up so far. And it was only up for about 1.5secs.

They really need a 'stream info' option.
Edit:
Also you'll see different video modes available in the menu

Sdr: movie, normal, sport, vivid
Hdr: hdr dark, etc
Dv: Dv dark, normal, bright
Where do you see these? I can only see them in the iOS app, but if I try and select one, I get an error.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Edit:

Where do you see these? I can only see them in the iOS app, but if I try and select one, I get an error.

it won't pop up if the content is sdr. you can also turn the popups off. if you don't have it turned off it probably just means whatever content you are viewing isn't outputting in HDR.

if you want to test it out use the roku youtube app and watch something on The HDR Channel. If it pops the HDR notice it means its displaying using HDR10.

The only thing that I know of that supports Dolby Vision at the moment is stuff on roku Netflix, Vudu. I'm not sure if any of the apps on the Xbone or PS4 even support HDR. I know for the PS4 ones don't.

Stiler

Edit:

The tv picture options, you see it by pressing the star button on your tv remote and you then see what tv picture settings you have.

If it's playing in HDR/DV it'll say that for the tv brightness setting
"HDR Dark, HDR Bright, etc."

If it simply says tv brightness and no HDR/DV then it's not playing in either hdr or dv.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Easiest way is to go into picture settings. It will tell you if you are using HDR.

Ashhong

What sound bar? I have one as well and it is unusually loud. The lowest volume is not low enough for me. But do you see this issue if you connect the sound bar to other sources?

Edit:

If your playing an HDR game click the center button that's in the middle of the arrows and it will give you info. For apps built into the TV just hit the star button and the picture setting will either be Dolby Vision or HDR

I believe there's a button command to display info with the roku apps but I'm not sure what it is.

Spasm

If your playing an HDR game click the center button that's in the middle of the arrows and it will give you info. For apps built into the TV just hit the star button and the picture setting will either be Dolby Vision or HDR

I believe there's a button command to display info with the roku apps but I'm not sure what it is.

Bolded is working perfectly in the YouTube app, but I think the Netflix app is bugged.

DV is indicated correctly, but it's so dark it's almost unwatchable. Even setting it to bright.

Stuff tagged as Ultra HD 4K does not give the HDR indicator, but it's bumping the BL up to 100 automatically, and looks stunning. Even at the Dark setting.

Top Bottom