• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Starfighter Assault Gameplay Trailer

Gravidee

All they've been showing to represent the prequel era over and over again is Maul. But Ahsoka and Anakin's voices are in fact in the trailer, so we'll see.

Listened for them and yeah, it certainly sounds like them. Not sure who's saying "Pretty sure I got 'em" though.

Sayers

There's only one woman's voice ("Bank hard, incoming") and it doesn't sound like Ashley to me.

EDIT: Ok, I will give you Lanter, MAYBE. But I don't think that is Eckstein.

TDLink

Where are you guys hearing Eckstein and Lanter?

Lanter/Anakin
At 0:39: "For the Republic! Droid fleet, dead ahead"

Eckstein/Ahsoka
At 0:45: "Bank hard, incoming!"

It's definitely them imo, the only real question is if that means it's their characters from the show or just VA cameos.

Slixshot

Banned
The clone wars tv show is nothing short of fantastic (bar the first few episodes). The fact that they picked up the voice actors is such appreciated fan service!

keraj37

Does anyone know if this 3 days early access is anytime? I mean, there is no starting date for early access so I would assume that it is anytime you want (even today). But before I will preorder deluxe edition I want to be sure I can play it now. Otherwise I will wait.
2017-08-20_02_44_34-_Origin.png

Noobcraft

Does anyone know if this 3 days early access is anytime? I mean, there is no starting date for early access so I would assume that it is anytime you want (even today). But before I will preorder deluxe edition I want to be sure I can play it now. Otherwise I will wait.
2017-08-20_02_44_34-_Origin.png
Pretty sure it's 3 days before launch.

Moose84

Wow, that couldn't look any less like the spacebattles in Star Wars IV-VI. Way too pew pew, fast-paced and video gamey. The ships were behaving like toys in an eight year olds hands.

Disappointed, especially after Rogue One got the spacebattles so spot on.

Wow, that couldn't look any less like the spacebattles in Star Wars IV-VI. Way too pew pew, fast-paced and video gamey. The ships were behaving like toys in an eight year olds hands.

This is one of the most bizarre complaints I've ever seen

I'm sorry the video game was too video gamey

farmerboy

42yo me is remembering 8yo me and how he wished for stuff like this.

We're there and I don't think you younger folk get how amazing that is.

Just seen this:

Exactly what I mean LOL. You hate it, for me its kidgoingnuts.gif

Moose84

This is one of the most bizarre complaints I've ever seen

I'm sorry the video game was too video gamey

What's bizarre about a Star Wars spacebattle video game not playing like a Star Wars spacebattle?

The whole trailer felt like it was stuck on fast forward, way too fast paced and blink and you'll miss it. Nothing like Star Wars battles.

stryke

Hopefully PC has a more sustainable population this time around. Fighter Squadron was my favourite mode but no one in Australia cared.

Another point in the Ashoka/Anakin column: ALL chatter should be clones during that period and on that side. It makes more sense that it's the two of them than there suddenly non-clone pilots.

TDLink

It's a shame they didn't make Tarkovsky's Clone Wars Miniseries canon

Other than the insane power levels displayed in that show, nothing in the CG TCW really contradicts that series though. The ending where Grievous kidnaps Palpatine leads directly into Revenge of the Sith. So it's like...kind of canon.

Eggbok

Other than the insane power levels displayed in that show, nothing in the CG TCW really contradicts that series though. The ending where Grievous kidnaps Palpatine leads directly into Revenge of the Sith. So it's like...kind of canon.

There are a few contradictions actually like Anakin killing Ventress, Ahsoka not existing, the Banking clan wanting to leave the Republic, Anakin's vision of Vader, etc.

TDLink

There are a few contradictions actually like Anakin killing Ventress, Ahsoka not existing, the Banking clan wanting to leave the Republic, Anakin's vision of Vader, etc.

These aren't contradictions.

On Ventress
In Genndy's show Ventress falls down a canyon at the end of a duel with Anakin, we don't actually see her for sure die. This is basically the same thing that happened to Maul in TPM... except he got cut in half and she didn't, yet he came back in TCW. So it's just as possible (even more possible) that she didn't die there and could also come back.

In her first appearance in TCW it is depicted as if Anakin and Ventress already know eachother.

On Ahsoka
Season 1 of Genndy's show slots in directly after AOTC, in the early stages of the Clone Wars. This is when Anakin is still a padawan and has his dumb rat tail. Then in the first episode of Season 2, he gets it cut off. After that, there is a time skip and the rest of the season takes place in the days leading up to ROTS.

TCW takes place when Anakin is already a Knight, -after- that first episode of the second season of Genndy's show. Then Ahsoka leaves the order towards the end of TCW -- long before ROTS and thus the end of Genndy's show. So basically, the entirety of TCW slots in during that time skip in Genndy's show.

Anakin's Vision of Vader
He gets a vision of Vader in TCW also. I dunno what the contradiction is.

Dunno what you mean with The Banking Clan either. They could have wanted to leave and then...have actually left.

Gtafans93

You know whats funny about the trailer before it came out I just finished watching empire strikes back and playing hours of the VR squadron game/Demo thing

Gravidee

In the old CW show, Anakin and Obi-wan are depicted as having been on Nelvaan before being called back to Coruscant. In canon (and what would have been pretty much the end of TCW), Anakin and Obi-wan are on Mandalore with Ahsoka before being called back. I think there may be some other inconsistencies too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
how does this game not have a mode equivalent to BF2142 titan

TheFatMan

Seriously though does anyone know why the fuck I still can't order this game physically on Amazon?

Like what is going on with that.

Best part of Battlefront (2015) just keeps getting better. I spent over 40 hours across the four fighter assault maps. Pretty much the only reason I still own it at this point.

DICE, just drop this shooter shit and just give us the Rogue Squadron remake you know you've always wanted to make.

TDLink

In the old CW show, Anakin and Obi-wan are depicted as having been on Nelvaan before being called back to Coruscant. In canon (and what would have been pretty much the end of TCW), Anakin and Obi-wan are on Mandalore with Ahsoka before being called back. I think there may be some other inconsistencies too.

Hypothetically, sure. But that part of TCW (season 7 and 8) were never actually produced so it's not an actual inconsistency in the show as presented. I know the story group considers what they planned canon anyways, but we don't know all the details of exactly what those episodes were going to be. The most Filoni has revealed about the ROTS time period for the show is that we would have seen Ahsoka and Rex dealing with the "Siege of Mandalore".

TCW repeatedly did not contradict things Genndy's show did. I feel like that was intentional at some point (TCW wasn't even considered the only non-film canon until the Disney buyout).

Obviously Genndy's show is -not- official canon now. I'm just saying it's pretty close to it since the large portion of its events are -not- contradicted and the series does in fact flow straight into ROTS. To my knowledge there is no other material out there depicting Palpatine being kidnapped and the lead up to the Battle over Coruscant. But I might be mistaken.

Every time I watch gameplay videos, trailers for this game... All I can think about is how badly I want another Jedi Knight type game. Can you Imagine having a game like Jedi Knight Jedi Academy nowadays? whooooboooy.

I mourn for Lucas Arts.

The chatter between Anakin and Ahsoka in the middle got me straight rock hard. Please let them be in the game as Republic heroes! Especially Ahsoka! I would love to see a realistic rendition of her character!

Sayers

The most Filoni has revealed about the ROTS time period for the show is that we would have seen Ahsoka and Rex dealing with the "Siege of Mandalore".

Ahsoka says in Rebels that the last time she saw Anakin "he was rushing off to save the Chancellor". And I believe from the art Filoni has shown that Anakin was on Mandalore and was going to participate in the siege until he was called back.

What's bizarre about a Star Wars spacebattle video game not playing like a Star Wars spacebattle?

The whole trailer felt like it was stuck on fast forward, way too fast paced and blink and you'll miss it. Nothing like Star Wars battles.
It was a trailer. Not unedited gameplay.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
still no sign of my favorite starfighter bae-wing ;_;

L14cFAT.jpg

They already added it in as a non-playable power-up in updates to the first game.

That's probably what it's going to be again here.

Why are there anti-feminist arguments in the comments section? <_<
This is like the third consecutive big SW thing that's got a woman as the main protag.

Of course it's gonna drive their lot mad lol

Top Bottom