• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutrax

For maximum impact:

(I really hope LRG doesn't hate me for doing these!)

Yes.

You damn near gave me a heart attack, I've been waiting for an English release for this game since it was announced. Not like I expect one though due to how niche it is, but this would make my day.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Then a lot of people mentioned several games that had text like that that were still localized. And "hard" games to localize that were still localized. Those are just poor excuses.

The thing about Net High is that it borrows from Japanese internet culture/memes even more heavily than Steins;Gate—in fact the entire game is based around it. I've worked on some rough stuff, but if I had the chance to localize Net High it would unquestionably be the most difficult localization of my career.

And I'd love to.

Shizuka

The thing about Net High is that it borrows from Japanese internet culture/memes even more heavily than Steins;Gate—in fact the entire game is based around it. I've worked on some rough stuff, but if I had the chance to localize Net High it would unquestionably be the most difficult localization of my career.

And I'd love to.

Hire him, LRG!

takoyaki

And I'd love to.

Hire him, LRG!

Seconded, don't let him get away LRG ;)

Localizing a game like Fata Morgana is one thing, there's the odd Kanji or proverb you've never seen before but it's easy enough to look those up. I think I could do it on a fan-localization level if I had the time, but I would never attempt localizing something full of modern internet culture, SNS stuff & memes; that stuff can be really tricky. Textbooks won't help and you have to know the culture to localize it faithfully.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gators gonna gate.

Not that I see. It looks like an issue with the original Kickstarter: www.engadget.com/amp/2013/07/03/double-fine-kickstarter-debacle/

Oh well if some people chose to boycott or whatever, less competition for us to buy!

Edit: Looks like it was mostly 1 guy complaining on Twitter on how his collection will be tainted cause he hates Double Fine. Eh, these people exist in the fandom. You see all kinds, and I hope LRG understands that some people online can be super negative, no matter what, but not to worry about losing anyone as they are just a single person. (Plus it could just all be talk. See: Call of Duty "boycotts")

I know one of the Steins;Gate/Valkyrie Drive translators has expressed interest in Net High as well, and given the PQube/Marvelous relationship it could potentially go in that direction too. I would certainly trust the S;G team with a game about Japanese internet culture and puns.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I know one of the Steins;Gate/Valkyrie Drive translators has expressed interest in Net High as well, and given the PQube/Marvelous relationship it could potentially go in that direction too. I would certainly trust the S;G team with a game about Japanese internet culture and puns.

A good sign! A positive sign if any for the future of it :)

EmiPrime

Not that I see. It looks like an issue with the original Kickstarter: www.engadget.com/amp/2013/07/03/double-fine-kickstarter-debacle/

Oh well if some people chose to boycott or whatever, less competition for us to buy!

Edit: Looks like it was mostly 1 guy complaining on Twitter on how his collection will be tainted cause he hates Double Fine. Eh, these people exist in the fandom. You see all kinds, and I hope LRG understands that some people online can be super negative, no matter what, but not to worry about losing anyone as they are just a single person. (Plus it could just all be talk. See: Call of Duty "boycotts")

Oh right, Double Fine and Schafer are hated by gators so I just assumed it was that. I don't know why LRG would let one moaner get under their skin that badly.

Theswweet

I'm just gonna pipe in and agree that expecting a translation for IA/VT is a bit unreasonable. XSEED actually have been on record saying that they tried to find a way to do it due to the demand but licensing made it impossible.

Ventara

It seems the reseller market for these has gone way down. Bought the limited edition Vita copy of Runner 2 from Ebay for $27.50 shipping included. And it comes with a protective case. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Semoreh

It seems the reseller market for these has gone way down. Bought the limited edition Vita copy of Runner 2 from Ebay for $27.50 shipping included. And it comes with a protective case. Or maybe I just got lucky.

I have had no such luck with Astebreed. Still waiting for someone to ask a reasonable price :x

Ventara

I have had no such luck with Astebreed. Still waiting for someone to ask a reasonable price :x

Ah, PS4 might be harder as there's a bigger market for that, even though it sells slower than Vita copies when LRG puts them up. Good luck!

I paid an unreasonable price for Oddworld New 'n' Tasty (but it was worth it).

Right, I paid a pretty penny for that, too. Probably should've waited, but I didn't want to risk it.

But going off of what's said, that person literally believes the state they live in is "VA". If anything, wouldn't you know the state's name but not postal code?

? I don't get it either. LRG has the address for the hold shipping service all laid out (including postal code), except they have Virginia abbreviated to VA, which might confuse some not familiar with US geography. Doesn't seem weird to ask what VA should translate to.

I notice in today's email that Risk of Rain has a double pack listing. Is this exactly the same as buying each game individually? If so, is this going to be the norm now where you can buy a pack in a single add to cart to buy all releases for the day?

Fisico

? I don't get it either. LRG has the address for the hold shipping service all laid out (including postal code), except they have Virginia abbreviated to VA, which might confuse some not familiar with US geography. Doesn't seem weird to ask what VA should translate to.

It's a case of not knowing the acronym of the state of a country you don't live in, that's... pretty normal, everyone living in the same country that I do know what IDF stand for but I wouldn't assume anyone else would.
Guy could have google it, but when you order something you'd rather be 100% safe and when you have support directly from twitter that seems logical to ask there.

Well at least I learned that they were offering this thanks to this tweet, so even if that wasn't the intended purpose thanks for sharing :)

Olengie

I notice in today's email that Risk of Rain has a double pack listing. Is this exactly the same as buying each game individually? If so, is this going to be the norm now where you can buy a pack in a single add to cart to buy all releases for the day?

Theyre testing the waters

Risk of Rain (PS4/Vita) + OST Vinyl Countdowns:
test21.gif

First Batch
t1495807200z1.png

Second Batch
t1495836000z1.png

mollipen

If you look at the screenshot the guy posted, "Virginia" is fully written out in the dropdown, like every state. He's saying his state is "VA" and he can't find it in the list—seeming to imply he knows the state he lives in as "VA" and not as "Virginia".

I mean, unless this is all referring to a different step that I'm not aware of. I'm simply going on what the guy wrote and the screenshot he posted, which is that he's trying to find "VA" in that list.

Ventara

If you look at the screenshot the guy posted, "Virginia" is fully written out in the dropdown, like every state. He's saying his state is "VA" and he can't find it in the list—seeming to imply he knows the state he lives in as "VA" and not as "Virginia".

I mean, unless this is all referring to a different step that I'm not aware of. I'm simply going on what the guy wrote and the screenshot he posted.

I don't think that's what he was saying. He even mentions that he's trying to enter the info from LRG's page. Not to mention that nobody would be using the hold service if they're ordering from the US.

mollipen

I don't think that's what he was saying. He even mentions that he's trying to enter the info from LRG's page. Not to mention that nobody would be using the hold service if they're ordering from the US.

WELL THANKS FOR RUINING MY FUN

And so the hold service isn't for US people at all? I didn't realize that. I mean, I knew it was a big deal for international orders, but I assumed it might have used for some people here as well.

Ventara

WELL THANKS FOR RUINING MY FUN

And so the hold service isn't for US people at all? I didn't realize that. I mean, I knew it was a big deal for international orders, but I assumed it might have used for some people here as well.

No, it's just that there's no point. It won't save them any money.

Ah, PS4 might be harder as there's a bigger market for that, even though it sells slower than Vita copies when LRG puts them up. Good luck!

Right, I paid a pretty penny for that, too. Probably should've waited, but I didn't want to risk it.

If you live in a state you should probably know your states abbreviation, and vice versa...

i-Jest

I am freelance! ;3 But I won't be available until some time in July, alas.

Sooo, House of Fata Morgana partnership confirmed? The future of the games localization looks brighter everyday.

Final PS4 patch is out now, final PS Vita patch has been submitted to Sony.

And here's the full update on the LRG release for everyone.

http://skullgirls.com/2017/05/skullgirls-lrg-update-3/

Thanks for bearing with us on this, everyone.

Thanks Ravi.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo, House of Fata Morgana partnership confirmed? The future of the games localization looks brighter everyday.

These are good times! I'd say a good 70-80% of new titles are getting localized in the past year. It took years, but we are finally at this point :)

But going off of what's said, that person literally believes the state they live in is "VA". If anything, wouldn't you know the state's name but not postal code?

I had no idea what "VA" meant until I googled "VA State". We don't have any abbreviations like that in the UK so it was a foreign concept to me.

Also it's not the state he lives in, it's for the hold shipping service, so presumably he's from a country outside the USA like me.

And today is 5pb/Mages turn! The titles are Eiyuu*Senki The World Conquest, Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate, Chaos;Head Dual and Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- Death or Kiss.

I wonder if Chaos;Head is a serious possibility knowing that Reading Steiner has already translated the whole thing.

I should've checked this sooner, but there won't be an issue with hold shipping if my PayPal address is different than that address, right?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I should've checked this sooner, but there won't be an issue with hold shipping if my PayPal address is different than that address, right?

So long as you specify that Hold Address as the Shipping Address it should be fine.
It will default to your PayPal one though, but there's an option to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom