• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

Okay, Capcom just won me over with the PS3 sticks compatible. I'm glad I won't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money when I already have a trusty stick I'm used to. Thank you Capcom and I'm now awaiting my pre-order for SF4 to arrive next week. Good times ahead :)

HardRojo

PS3 controllers authentication option
CaxwFfuW8AAJh3z.jpg

CaxwFefW8AEBnP7.jpg
In times like these I'm glad I speak Spanish natively. It's real! Fuck yes it's real!

Westlo

No wonder the Madcatz CEO quit!

Thank fuck for this because I already bought this game on Steam and PSN and I would've played this only on steam if they didn't let us use ps3 sticks. After buying 2 sticks on ps3 and 2 for 360 like fuck I was going to get another just for ps4....

Okay, Capcom just won me over with the PS3 sticks compatible. I'm glad I won't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money when I already have a trusty stick I'm used to. Thank you Capcom and I'm now awaiting my pre-order for SF4 to arrive next week. Good times ahead :)

You about 8 years late on that one bruh.

Any information on what the Battle Lounge entails?

Bummed about spectator mode being a post-launch addition with no ETA from the looks of it. At least replays are much easier to access.

Any information on what the Battle Lounge entails?

Bummed about spectator mode being a post-launch addition with no ETA from the looks of it. At least replays are much easier to access.

Here's hoping spectator mode means pure spectator mode and not spectating within lobbies you've already made.

If we're actually looking at 8-player lobbies in which you can't watch the ongoing matches then that's a damn shame. Unless they use the Skullgirls always playing lobby system.

Wallach

So if Alex is first, perhaps this picture really does line up with the release order.

SFV_SeasonPass.jpg

Alex - March
Guile - April
Balrog - May
Ibuki - June
Juri - July
Urien - August

Would be easier to wait for Urien if it really is one per month. Guile coming along second would be cool, love me some Guile.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well hope they keep a good tempo for the character and other DLC releases throughout the seasons (guessing we will have quite a few)

ethomaz

Banned
I do think 100k is very doable per month with daily/weekly challenges.

1 hour per day will be enough to have the FM each month.

Here's hoping spectator mode means pure spectator mode and not spectating within lobbies you've already made.

If we're actually looking at 8-player lobbies in which you can't watch the ongoing matches then that's a damn shame. Unless they use the Skullgirls always playing lobby system.
Yeah, that's why I'm curious about what Battle Lounge features. Capcom has suspiciously stayed silent about it (nor bothered to stress test it) and a lobby system of that ilk is the only large core functionality CFN is currently missing.

So they'll probably take a few months "break" (working on characters and probably other DLC like alts and backgrounds) between this season and then start up with a new character a month next year.

Or what do you think?

It would make sense to let the game get some play with all characters being available for a while before proceeding with a balance update for the next season yeah.

Meristation wins again

Knew PS3 sticks were coming. They just wanted to wait until the last possible second

I feel bad for the poor saps that dropped $250 on a new stick. I guess they knew that shit wasn't gonna fly. The PS4 version was off my radar completely because of it. Now...just deciding where I want to pre-order.

I do think 100k is very doable per month with daily/weekly challenges.

1 hour per day will be enough to have the FM each month.

to be fair, an hour a day is a fucking lot of time. 7-8 hours a week, bruh.

I feel bad for the poor saps that dropped $250 on a new stick. I guess they knew that shit wasn't gonna fly. The PS4 version was off my radar completely because of it. Now...just deciding where I want to pre-order.

I mean, it doesn't really benefit them to say it. It's just a nice perk for legacy people. They gotta sell sticks, man

ZeroCDR

PS3 sticks for the win, fantastic news :)

Still getting PC version for now, since I don't anticipate renewing plus.

Dammit.

I bought a Hori HRAP4 Ver. Kai Silent a couple of weeks ago on Amazon for SF5.

I could've saved a bunch of cash and use my PS3 Virtua Stick High Grade instead.

Thanks for not telling us sooner, Capcom. =/

Now if Polyphony could make my G27 wheel compatible with GT7 or whatnot...

Village

Yeah alex, also yeah savin money.

So i just noticed something about that dlc character tease pick.

It seems urien is wearing pants and shoes.

Alchemist

I knew it was going to cost something ridiculous to buy characters with Fight Money.

PS3 stick support is fantastic news for those that wanted it.

DrArchon

Impressed that the first DLC character is coming out so soon. Hopefully I'll still have enough time to make enough fight money. Seeing as how Guile appears to have a prominent role in the story in some fashion, I wonder if he was planned to be the first release but they changed it around when they got word that people REALLY wanted Alex.

PS3 stick compatibility is nice. Too bad I have a 360 stick so I'm gonna have to get a new one anyway. I wonder if this is the Skullgirls driver or some in-house one.

Top Bottom