• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So baby making dungeon crawler "Conception" is coming to the West? (lawl not rly)

Razlo

Akiba's Trip would be awesome to get. Maybe whoever is just waiting for the updated version to get released first.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too. I already own the original Japanese release, but I would buy the enhanced version if it hit here.

The more crazy Japanese PSP games we get over here, the better. It utterly baffles me that we might be getting this. Yeah, sure—us getting this over, say, Last Ranker or Danganronpa is ridiculous. But still!

As far as PSP RPG's go, it's probably a lot easier to localize given that it's a relatively standard dungeon crawl with some neat meta features. Danganronpa is just all over the place.

As for Last Ranker, I honestly have no clue why it never got brought over. It's not a great game, but it's relatively solid with an amazing soundtrack. Not to mention it opened pretty well over here to boot.

Still, it's rather cool that the crazy stuff is getting a shot. As ridiculous as the premise to Conception is, Spike Chunsoft have made some great, unconventional games in the past. I'm just waiting for this to hit the PSN before I grab it. Seeing it in stores around here is torture.

I admittedly love the super bright art style.

Plus, look at all the WIFU. *Shot yesterday*

Arjgx_bCIAAYiYn.jpg:large

Esura

Banned
Can I start a campaign to have this not released? Anti-Rainfall?

Why would you want a game to not get released during a time when hardly anyone wants to localize anything? What would you accomplish with this? Scaring off even more potential localizations?

shuri

Banned
I see high resale value for those niches psp titles in the coming years. Buy and keep sealed copies in storage.

Esura

Banned
I see high resale value for those niches psp titles in the coming years. Buy and keep sealed copies in storage.

If I could only afford and do as such. They are getting localized at a ridiculous rate right now. Where is the 3DS/console game love at? I know Japan got some console games and some 3DS games just ripe ready to be localized.

I only played the demo so far and it starts you off with a premade party with a bunch of skills that you didn't slowly earn so I don't think it's a very good demo to judge the game on (like most rpg demos). I wouldn't have thought about it but yes, the dungeon crawling is similar to persona 3-4.

There is no boss in the demo so it makes it hard to tell how hard/deep the combat system is but there are support skills, debuffs, "super form" and positional damage advantage. Now, how much effort you need to do to perform well is another story.

Solune

omg Ruka is so tsundere (;w;)
So this is your moe, eh?
Do you really want to put your waifu in danger?

Getting NTR'd as part of the gameplay? Amazing.
Insta-buy from me if this hits here. Also, can we get Akiba'sTrip while we're at it?
Yes, I would like this too. I really like the art style for Akiba'STrip
"strong babies"

Press release of the year, truly.

This needs to be in OP.

My god. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. What an absurd and brilliant thing this game is.

I can't wait to NTR your waifu.

Top Bottom