• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s coming and going from (US) Netflix in October

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's pretty amusing that The Shining is leaving Netflix the first day of October. Not that it matters much, since Netflix is largely a dumping ground for IFC Midnight material and Shudder has really come a long way in terms of its selection.

I always forget about Shudder...

-Gozer-

30 Rock being removed?
giphy.gif

Kremzeek

So excited to watch season 3 of Schitt's Creek!

Season 2 i felt was just a touch below Season 1 - i'm hoping the trend goes back up because i think it's the funniest thing i've seen in years.

Mulholland Drive is mandatory viewing. Do yourself a favor and watch it before it leaves.

Might try to watch Eyes Wide Shut at some point - one of those Kubrick films I have yet to see.

legend166

Friday Night Lights?!

Nooooooo.

Really struggling with Netflix these days. I mean it's only $10 a month so I won't cancel but I very rarely have interest in their original content.

Striker

After Stranger Things 2 I'm leaning towards unsubscribing. Far too many things leaving and bringing in shows I don't care about.

Blader

Losing Louie sucks but I guess if it's moving to Hulu it's not that bad.

I also had no idea Mullholland Drive was streaming! I'll definitely need to rewatch it this weekend.

I don't know how I'm going to live without 30 Rock. I've been watching it almost daily for years. I can only hope that it comes back someday. :(

Same here, I have Hulu so I'm hoping it will pop up there but I put it on daily and have also been watching it non stop for several years at this point. I adore it. I don't want to have to use my fuckin DVDs at the rate I watch 30 Rock!!

Losing Louie sucks but I guess if it's moving to Hulu it's not that bad.

I also had no idea Mullholland Drive was streaming! I'll definitely need to rewatch it this weekend.
I'm pretty sure Mullholland Drive is on Hulu too, so no need to rush.

I had no idea Patton Oswalt had a new special coming out. Very excited.

Ri'Orius

New season of Voltron already? Wasn't the last season just a month or two ago?

Although it was super short... are they just doing frequent mini-series for it?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about moving to Hulu. Netflix isn't as good as it used to be.

Hulu still doesn't have a family plan so they're still meh. And ads.

I did sign up for them again thanks to Amex's $50 rebate offer however.

Excited for Mindhunter and Stranger Things
but holy fuck at the shows leaving!
Louie :( I've been saving Season 5 but i guess they forced my hand
never got a chance to watch 30 Rock

and guess i'll finally watch Mulholland Drive tomorrow

jfkgoblue

Netflix losing its third party shows was inevitable, that's the reasoning behind "become like HBO before HBO becomes like Netflix". It was an unsustainable business practice and Netflix knew it, as the streaming market gets more crowded, naturally you aren't gonna get everything in one place anymore.

opoth

Banned
Everyone should watch Don't Be A Menace

Also yikes at the leaving Netflix list.

I'm kind of avatar quoting myself here but I can still remember like it was yesterday watching this movie for the first time under the influence of a psychedelic and I peaked at a very distressing scene.

10+ years later and it's burned into my psyche

AoM

I'm thinking about moving to Hulu. Netflix isn't as good as it used to be.

Same. It makes sense why they're doing it, but the shift to original content sucks. And since
Hulu is owned by the networks, I assume most of the shows/movies on there will stay as long as the site itself exists (hopefully?).

Death Sentence, Slasher Season 2, and Cult of Chucky for me this month.

Not torn up over the stuff leaving, but losing Bones is gonna hurt. I still haven't finished it :s

Top Bottom