• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MEXICO EARTHQUAKE UPDATE: over 200 casualties, 44 building collapsed in Mexico City.

wRVmBsJ.png

There is people trapped in there :(

Pacify

All of my family is ~25 miles from the epicenter. My mom was able to reach part of her family through WhatsApp, after trying for a while. My dad still haven't gotten to speak with his family but has heard that they are okay and his mother's home is still up.

studyguy

AP getting various reports of lots of people trapped in various collapsed buildings. Seems like a duh, but seeing reports of it are awful.

lord

I was just about to go into the shower when it started I tried putting on my pants but I kept losing balance, I said fuck it and went downstairs in my boxers, fortunately my building has one of those hydraulic systems so it was all good. I'm staying in the lobby and one person that lives here just received two people whose apartment building went down. I love living in condesa but I'm moving to the south of the city, fuck this.

Xe4

Banned
Holy shit. Stay safe Mexico-GAF. I thought the old thread was bumped at first, that's scary there have been two so close to each other, though thinking of it in terms of tectonic activity, not entirely surprising.

f0lken

I am super nervous now that I am watching all the videos and images, I have friends in a lot of those places and can't communicate with them, all lines are saturated, I feel the urge to go help, but I live 45min from there and transports are closing and there seems to be chaos everywhere so I don't know how much of a good idea will be going right now, my father is a cab driver and we haven't been able to reach him in a while, he was safe during the quake tho but he is close to Coyoacan and my anxiety is growing the more the time pases. What to do gaf :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
FEMEXFUT is announcing all Copa MX games this week are cancelled. And I assume the Chivas vs America this weekend will be too.

lord

Every building built prior to the new construction codes aught to be closed and either rebuilt or seriously refurbished, nothing is worth the loss of a single life. I don't know how this would be doable though.

sphinx

the piano man
my sister and her family are ok but she says the city is absolute chaos.

it's going to be one hell of a day for everybody there....

I am begging her not to get into buildings until the craze passes.

brau

my sister and her family are ok but she says the city is absolute chaos.

it's going to be one hell of a day for everybody there....

I am begging her not to get into buildings until the craze passes.
or until they get inspected.

pXfr8Mw.png

This tweet just enraged the fuck out of me, just shut the fuck up you orange piece of trash
That tweet is better than no tweet, really. He already waited a fucking week when the last one happened. At least he learned not to wait again.

Yes, he's a fucking liar and jury's still out on how much he meant he'll help but any international attention to this is for the better.

Thank god I never have to go into any tall buildings. All my family seems to be okay too.
It must be a terrifying thing to live through but so far neither in 1985 or in 2017's big Mexico City earthquakes did tall buildings collapse. It's the shorter, older 3-5 story buildings that get destroyed more.

My 65 year old friend is Ok just talked with him, he was very close to the epicenter but at least he is safe

I am really glad to hear your friend is ok.
Such an awful and scary situation.
My heart goes to everyone, and I want everyone to be safe and be careful before going into buildings.
Seeing the videos of entire buildings collapsing without a chance is so frightening.

Top Bottom