• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

dcll
(09-23-2017, 05:05 AM)
I grew up around gun and have shot them a bunch over the years but I don't really know about them. I have been wanting to get one to keep at home, shoot for fun out in the country and to get a concealed carry possibly. I don't want to spend a bunch but don't want some pos, what are some good recommendations?
Poindexter
(09-23-2017, 05:55 AM)
What's your budget? That will be the biggest driving factor. I always recommend a 1911 anyhow. =D
QualityPixel
Banned
(09-23-2017, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by dcll

I grew up around gun and have shot them a bunch over the years but I don't really know about them. I have been wanting to get one to keep at home, shoot for fun out in the country and to get a concealed carry possibly. I don't want to spend a bunch but don't want some pos, what are some good recommendations?

Originally Posted by LiamA

For people interested in an AR, this has great features for a ridiculous price:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/199005

^^that. I'm also a fan of Beretta's like this one http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs/
Minus_Me
(09-23-2017, 08:29 AM)
I was wondering if anyone in here as any experience with a Norinco M14? Specifically the 7.62X39 version.

I know this is primarily a US board and you guys have a ban on Chinese arms but I'll throw it out there anyhow.
MisterNoisy
(09-25-2017, 02:17 AM)
Not gonna lie. That cheap AR pistol is maybe my favorite thing to shoot now. Lots of sturm und drang, and cheap to feed.
Piggus
Banned
(09-28-2017, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by QualityPixel

^^that. I'm also a fan of Beretta's like this one http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs/

I have two Beretta 92's (a 92D Centurion and 92S), and it's probably my favorite handgun. I just love the chunkiness of it and the way it handles. Modern striker-fired plastic guns just don't compare.

Not really a great option for concealed carry, though.
hwalker84
(09-28-2017, 10:49 PM)
Finally got my $75 rebate from Smith and Wesson.
Bandit1
(09-29-2017, 12:47 AM)

Originally Posted by LiamA

For people interested in an AR, this has great features for a ridiculous price:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/199005

Like I said on the last page, I don't know much about ARs, but I had kind of settled on getting the Ruger AR 556 later this fall. Looks like the MPR version has the Magpul grip and stock, the free floating handguard, and the elite trigger, with an 18" barrel instead of a 16".
So now I'm a little conflicted because I'd planned on getting Hogue grip, stock, and free floating handguard because I really like the texture and ergonomics of Hogue's products. So the Magpul grip and stock doesn't do much for me. And I could probably get the standard AR 556 for about $100 less, but it looks like Ruger's elite trigger is $150 on their website. I suppose I should go ahead and go with the MPR, consider the extra money a pre-installed trigger upgrade and toss the pieces I don't use in the parts bin.

Originally Posted by hwalker84

Finally got my $75 rebate from Smith and Wesson.

Nice, waiting on my Walther $100, will probably be a few weeks.
Bandit1
(10-14-2017, 05:15 PM)
Got my $100 rebate from Walther about a week ago. Also picked up a holster for my PPQ:

A DeSantis speed scabbard designed for the 4" model, but works well with my 5". Don't really plan on carrying the PPQ around but nice to have a holster for it in case I ever decide to.
Vilix
I think Bayonetta and Samus are more iconic than Lara Croft.
(10-15-2017, 02:30 AM)
Took my PPSh-41 out for the first time in almost a year. Took it to the range and ran through almost 1,000 rounds in 30 minutes. It's over 70 years old and still fires as if it was brand new. I tell ya, the Soviets knew how to make weapons that can take a beating and last.
M1nion
(11-22-2017, 06:33 PM)
Thinking about picking up a mosin nagant. Anyone can offer up their experience with the rifle? The part I like the most about the rifle so far is the ammo. 7.62x54r is beast of a round.
ThisGuy
(11-25-2017, 06:17 PM)
Can't offer any advice. All I own is a .22 rifle. In the market for a Mossberg 500 right now. Hoping to get one before hunting season is over.