• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(10-20-2017, 08:48 PM)
wenis's Avatar

Originally Posted by JoseDFrog

What form factor?

In-ear
e90Mark
Member
(10-20-2017, 08:54 PM)
e90Mark's Avatar
First batch of 6xx from this year are supposed to ship next week. Nice that they were able to do it way before 12/18.
sixteen-bit
Member
(10-20-2017, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by e90Mark

First batch of 6xx from this year are supposed to ship next week. Nice that they were able to do it way before 12/18.

4 month turnaround instead of 6
JoseDFrog
Member
(10-20-2017, 09:12 PM)
JoseDFrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by wenis

In-ear

Awesome, I look forward to your impressions.
sergioalb64
Member
(10-20-2017, 09:50 PM)
sergioalb64's Avatar
Any closed back planar magnetics that could potentially offer better audio than the LCD-XCs?

I love mine, but just...thinking ahead.
Ashhong
Member
(10-20-2017, 10:38 PM)
Ashhong's Avatar

Originally Posted by wenis

currently under NDA on a pair of wireless headphones I'm testing out, but they'll be in the market soon and they're pretty darn good.

I'm hoping they are the Zolo kickstarter since I picked myself up a pair of those.

The HD6XX coming early means I need to buy a DAC/AMP soon. Is the Fulla 2 still the best for the price? I really don't want to spend more than $100 on one. Most of my usage will be on my computer, bed, and light travel
Compsiox
Member
(10-20-2017, 10:57 PM)
Compsiox's Avatar
What are the best headphones for PC gaming? Price 300 or less.

Not gaming brand.

I play shooters.
faint.
Member
(10-20-2017, 10:59 PM)
faint.'s Avatar
Sup HeadphoneGAF. I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs after my Etymonic HF5s shit the bed today. They lasted me a good 3.5 years so I can't complain. I've been out of the earbud game for a while now so I'm hoping people can recommend me some solid options.

Here are some things I look for. The buds don't need to meet every req:

- <$200, but I could probably stretch to $250 if they were amazing
- Flat wire or tanglefree cable
- Inline mic and volume controls for Android
- Good warranty

Thanks!
Blam
Member
(10-21-2017, 12:16 AM)
Blam's Avatar
I'm looking for earbuds in the same style as the Apple Earpods. Since in ear just doesn't work for me regardless it's always way too big for my ears and these apple ones fit perfectly.

Now I hate the sound quality on them obviously, but is there a better solution?
OdysseusVA
Banned
(10-21-2017, 12:28 AM)

Originally Posted by faint.

Sup HeadphoneGAF. I'm looking for a new pair of earbuds after my Etymonic HF5s shit the bed today. They lasted me a good 3.5 years so I can't complain. I've been out of the earbud game for a while now so I'm hoping people can recommend me some solid options.

Here are some things I look for. The buds don't need to meet every req:

- <$200, but I could probably stretch to $250 if they were amazing
- Flat wire or tanglefree cable
- Inline mic and volume controls for Android
- Good warranty

Thanks!

Earbuds or in-ear monitors?

Originally Posted by Blam

I'm looking for earbuds in the same style as the Apple Earpods. Since in ear just doesn't work for me regardless it's always way too big for my ears and these apple ones fit perfectly.

Now I hate the sound quality on them obviously, but is there a better solution?

Budget?
Same design as earpods or just earbuds in general?
faint.
Member
(10-21-2017, 01:05 AM)
faint.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Earbuds or in-ear monitors?





Budget?
Same design as earpods or just earbuds in general?

IEMs. My bad for lack of clarity.
HiResDes
Member
(10-21-2017, 01:20 AM)
HiResDes's Avatar
Brainwavz iems meet your requirements but don't sound that great to me. RHA as well, I like their sound but it's much warmer than any etymotic
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(10-21-2017, 01:49 AM)
LQX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Compsiox

What are the best headphones for PC gaming? Price 300 or less.

Not gaming brand.

I play shooters.

The Sennheiser HD 598 are great for shooters. Very wide sound-stage.

There is also the AKG K7XX. Ridiculously comfortable, wide sound-stage and decent bass. Only sold on Massdrop though.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdro...ode=guest_open

Your budget is $300 so I would also consider the Sennheiser HD 600/650. Massdrop might have the 6XX(HD650) on sale again for $200 which are more than worth it as that extra $100 can maybe go to an Amp/DAC if needed.

There is also the Monoprice Monolith M1060. Seemingly has shoddy build quality but has a 5 year warranty.
leng jai
Member
(10-21-2017, 01:54 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
I'm interested to see how easy the HD660s are to drive, might pick up a pair if they sound decent straight out of a phone.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(10-21-2017, 01:56 AM)
LQX's Avatar
V-moda Crossfade Wireless Bluetooth Headphones on sale for $179

https://slickdeals.net/f/10672440-v-...e-shipping?v=1

First I have seen them drop that low.
HiResDes
Member
(10-21-2017, 02:09 AM)
HiResDes's Avatar
Fidelio X1/Boompro combo still pretty nice for games too.
Blam
Member
(10-21-2017, 03:02 AM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Budget?
Same design as earpods or just earbuds in general?

Budget doesn't really matter. I've spent a fucking while looking for something and I couldn't find anything like the earpods/earbuds that weren't shit.

I also don't want anything in-ear.
Compsiox
Member
(10-21-2017, 06:04 AM)
Compsiox's Avatar

Originally Posted by LQX

The Sennheiser HD 598 are great for shooters. Very wide sound-stage.

There is also the AKG K7XX. Ridiculously comfortable, wide sound-stage and decent bass. Only sold on Massdrop though.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdro...ode=guest_open

Your budget is $300 so I would also consider the Sennheiser HD 600/650. Massdrop might have the 6XX(HD650) on sale again for $200 which are more than worth it as that extra $100 can maybe go to an Amp/DAC if needed.

There is also the Monoprice Monolith M1060. Seemingly has shoddy build quality but has a 5 year warranty.

I got the 598. Great suggestion. I don't like open back thanks though.
HiResDes
Member
(10-21-2017, 07:31 AM)
HiResDes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Compsiox

I got the 598. Great suggestion. I don't like open back thanks though.

Logitech UE6000 or AKG K553
e90Mark
Member
(10-21-2017, 04:22 PM)
e90Mark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

I'm hoping they are the Zolo kickstarter since I picked myself up a pair of those.

The HD6XX coming early means I need to buy a DAC/AMP soon. Is the Fulla 2 still the best for the price? I really don't want to spend more than $100 on one. Most of my usage will be on my computer, bed, and light travel

Since you said bed and light travel, Fulla 2 probably best for your $100.
Ouija Luigi
Member
(10-30-2017, 11:34 AM)
Ouija Luigi's Avatar
Since my old headphones decided to crap on me yesterday, I ordered Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 around-ear headphones off of UK amazon. Seems like they have a sale on them at the moment.

Also, these will be my first high quality headphones after buying "gaming" hardware for ages, really looking forward to these!
Sapiens
Member
(11-01-2017, 07:40 PM)
Sapiens's Avatar
Any hands on opinions on the Sony wf-1000x earbuds?

Have a pair in shipping but already planning on sending back based on a lot of the recent reviews.
sun-drop
Member
(11-17-2017, 04:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Sapiens

Any hands on opinions on the Sony wf-1000x earbuds?

Have a pair in shipping but already planning on sending back based on a lot of the recent reviews.

my partner just returned her's and picked up instead the 2018 iconX's

the sony one's look great, and have noise canceling ..but if you have that feature on, you struggle to get even 1.5 hours out of them :(

the iconX's are way better. better fit, touch controls, and the option for on board playback ..and yeh twice the battery life even if you turn NC off on the sony's
Fledz
Member
(11-28-2017, 11:37 PM)
Fledz's Avatar
Just grabbed a pair of PXC 550s for 32% off on Amazon. An absolute steal :D

Wasn't a fan of the QC35 overall sound and I like the fact that the Sennies have a dynamic ANC, as well as on/off.

Almost went with the MDR1000 but read way too many reviews of poor build quality which doesn't surprise me with Sony headphones. If they couldn't get DJ headphones right for durability, then that says it all.

Thread Tools