• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Zafir

This is true, it's why sometimes you can rank up back to back even without fortune perk. If it wasn't true then you would never be able to rank up back to back without using that perk.

Yeah.

It's why some social links are "easier" to level up than others. Some of them offer ranks which have a lot of questions that have possible "music note" answers. Getting them all right can give you a boost that can propel you through ranks fairly nicely.

Ryuji, Ann and Makoto are three where I noticed that to be the case, and it makes them really easy to rank up back to back, even without using fortune telling or anything.

LiK

Thank you! Did Tokyo Otaku charge you immediately? I see BiJ requires immediate payment.
yea they did.

Damn exclusives are a pain in the ass. Just wish I couldve gotten on Amiami. That reminds me, Blizzard charges immediately too, between Ann and Widowmaker I'm out $330 on figures that arent in my possession...

LiK

yea they did.

Damn exclusives are a pain in the ass. Just wish I couldve gotten on Amiami. That reminds me, Blizzard charges immediately too, between Ann and Widowmaker I'm out $330 on figures that arent in my possession...

Same, I also preordered Widow. But yea, what's with Ann being an exclusive anyway? It's not like she's some obscure character in the game. Really sucks. Guess I'll think about this before I jump in.

TheStig88

yea they did.

No doubt, it's the worst. I can't wait to see how much will be coming out of my pocket up front for Makoto since she comes with Johanna.

Blizzard hit me out of left field with that immediate charge for Widow too, since when I ordered Tracer I didn't have to pay until she shipped and they weren't exactly forthcoming with mentioning that little policy change. What an unpleasant surprise that was.

Same, I also preordered Widow. But yea, what's with Ann being an exclusive anyway? It's not like she's some obscure character in the game. Really sucks. Guess I'll think about this before I jump in.
thats Amakuni for you
No doubt, it's the worst. I can't wait to see how much will be coming out of my pocket up front for Makoto since she comes with Johanna.

Blizzard hit me out of left field with that immediate charge for Widow too, since when I ordered Tracer way back I didn't have to pay until she shipped. What an unpleasant surprise that was.
I'm expecting 26k yen. Will be fun. Ah well, its the one I want the second most after Futaba

I was already expecting the blizzard charge since they did it to me for Reaper

Sciel

The manufacturer tends to produce exclusive figures for HobbyJapan. I can bet that the Makoto figure (that is by the same manufacturer) will be exclusive as well.

The protagonist one is made by Kotobukiya(eww)who rarely make exclusives. It's a bit pricey for a 1/8 though.

Here's hoping Alter decides to produce their own line of P5 figures as well.

DNAbro

Only 1 trophy left and it's the goddamn one that has been eluding me this whole time. I guess I'll finish this run and start a 3rd just to see if I can force it in the first dungeon.

LiK

thats Amakuni for you
I'm having a hard time debating between Tokyo Otaku and BiJ.

edit: Gonna go with BiJ. Purchased from them multiple times. Only purchased from TO once but had no issues.

edit2: Wow, fuck that TOM Premium crap. Need to pay to get it the same price as BiJ with shipping. Not worth it.

Save party member from hostage negotiation. The game has refused to cause it to happen to me.
Play on hard in new game plus. I swapped to that and got two negotiations in the first dungeon (actually was probably my first trip to mementos. Not sure. I was spamming Rush every fight and it just happened), despite none on my original playthrough

Weebos

Banned
Is there a list or guide to the best accessories/equipment for Futaba?

I imagine it is the stuff with the highest luck, but where do you get those?

Rodin

Well, you don't have to stand still. You can move around and he'll still appear eventually.
Thanks, didn't think that was the case because it happened that i spent quite some time on a single floor and he never showed up.

Anyway completed Justine and Caroline slink and fused Black Frost. Is it just me or he's ridiculously overpowered? I love it lol

LiK

Ann preordered. Damn, upfront payment for a figure that doesn't come out until next year, LOL

The manufacturer tends to produce exclusive figures for HobbyJapan. I can bet that the Makoto figure (that is by the same manufacturer) will be exclusive as well.

The protagonist one is made by Kotobukiya(eww)who rarely make exclusives. It's a bit pricey for a 1/8 though.

Here's hoping Alter decides to produce their own line of P5 figures as well.

Dammit, Makoto too? The price we need to pay....

Logash

I have a trophy question. Do the confidants I maxed in my first playthrough counts towards the trophy in my new game+ playthrough or do I have to max out everyone in one go?

Ummmmmmm what about:

Palace 6
Thor being last in the test of Strengh

and

Palace 7
Goro's main persona being Loki a big bad in the Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei books that are the bases for MegaTen

I noticed Thor.

Loki is meant to relate to Goro's role as a traitor. Robin Hood's bow and arrow in the transition to Loki evoke the episode in Norse myth in which Loki cemented himself as a traitor by tricking Hodr into shooting the almost-universally beloved Baldur with a mistletoe arrow.

LiK

Kotobukiya's Tales of Berseria Velvet is fantastic. They have been getting a lot better outside of their Bishoujo line

Yea, they've been good. Don''t really have complaints about them. I'm glad current Megahouse isn't making them cuz their quality has gone down over the past few years.

Young Magus

90 hours 50 minutes.

Game done and wrapped up.
The ending was great, the scenes with
your maxed links cheerin you on and the poll finally reachin 100 felt good. And them spreading the word about your imprisonment was a nice addon as well. Fake Igor was a great way of fuckin with ppl who came in expecting a different voice due to IRL situations. Was the eng voice the same dude who did p3/4 tho?
And another thing
they really need to stop teasin a Narly return =_= from Akechis true persona awakening onward I like like "HES BACK" but it was someone else :mjcry:
P3 still has a better ending tho
Yea Imma take a weeks break from gaming.

daveo42

Banned
What the, the swimsuit pack is out and it's free. Got my costumes to play with in NG+. Excellent. lol ;)

Dancing All Night is also on there, but I can't buy it yet for some strange reason. Is that supposed to be out this week or later on?

Edit: It finally switched over for me. Weird.

Emu-Fred

Banned
Just finished the game at around 130 hours. It has done its job into turning me into a Persona faithful.

Im still salty you don't get a stronger version of arsene. Why make him so cool just to throw him away early in the game?

Just got to the "present". Holy shit at everything going down.

Did anyone catch the thing about the
pancakes
when it happened, or were you like me and only realized much later when it was thoroughly explained?

kewlmyc

Just in case people are interested...a figure of the MC just went up for pre-order. It's about $100 not including shipping. Comes out in September though.

3K79njc.gif

Waiting to see if the one with the mask shows up on Koto's US store.

DNAbro

Just finished the game at around 130 hours. It has done its job into turning me into a Persona faithful.

Im still salty you don't get a stronger version of arsene. Why make him so cool just to throw him away early in the game?

That's what Satanael is. It's a new game+ only Persona.

daveo42

Banned

pancakes
when it happened, or were you like me and only realized much later when it was thoroughly explained?

I brushed it off when it came up because it was just natural in the flow of conversation. I didn't realize how out of place that should have been until it came up much later. Went from just normal conversation to...oh yeah, that basically reveals what is going down here.
I'm interested in getting back to that in NG+ to see that go down again.

FluxWaveZ

pancakes

A lot of people caught it when it first happened. I did immediately, so it put me on-guard until the pivotal scene; it just stood out too much.
I looked back through the Log to make sure I had heard it correctly.

Many didn't catch it, though, so you're not alone on that.

RalchAC

pancakes

In a game as full of small talk as Persona 5, they can't expect me to notice such a small detail. That's why I think it was a neat idea.

If you
were paying enough attention, you'd sure say WTF, but I bet most people didn't. Because the sheer amount of text and banter leads you to not pay the same level of attention to everything.

Young Magus

pancakes

I caught it
by only in the form of "hes a persona user/future party member"not in a "hes been in the metaverse as well"

Griss

pancakes

Palace 6 ending discussion continued:
It's funny because I immediately realised that if Goro had heard that, then he had been listening for some time, and therefore knew they were Phantom Thieves.So I knew he knew from the start. What slipped my attention was that it was Morgana who had mentioned it, meaning that Goro was definitely a metaverse user. I came to the same conclusion, but didn't catch that detail.

Honestly I thought all of the hints were pretty obvious as they happened, though. Especially when Futaba stole his phone, that was blatant.

Nose Master

So I'm reaching the end, question: (December spoilers)
would it serve me better to just max all stats instead of wasting time on social links? I played pretty fast and loose and there's no way I'm gonna max even half of them. Also, is the game over after shido? Not sure if I should go into mementos any more or if new requests might pop.

Dragner

would it serve me better to just max all stats instead of wasting time on social links? I played pretty fast and loose and there's no way I'm gonna max even half of them. Also, is the game over after shido? Not sure if I should go into mementos any more or if new requests might pop.

Each maxed SL will reward you an item that will give you part of that confidant skills into new game+ some are really useful,stats are carried, so anyway, you will max everything for sure on a second run since most of the time you spent raising atributes will be used now on SLs.

Also theres no Game over after Shido but theres only a bit more to do stuff.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

If you're close to maxing a confidant I would try to do that, but maxing stats is good too.

There's still more but the free time stuff is basically over, so it'd be your last period for mementos requests.

Zafir

pancakes
I wasn't entirely sure what to think at that point myself. I figured he'd probably be playable character and a persona user at that point, mostly because the damn cover and ps4 disk load screen spoils it. I did think he might be the traitor, but I was of two minds since I thought that was going to be too obvious.

That all said. I'm not surprised people didn't notice what happened in that scene. The thing is if you actually rewatch it, there is literally about 20-30 other lines of dialogue between Morgana talking about Pancakes and then Akechi saying about cake.

It's a random scene between friends so most people aren't going to be paying a massive amount of attention to detail of who said what and when. By the time Akechi says about cake, most people will remember pancakes being mentioned, but probably not that only Morgana had mentioned it.

I thought it was a nice little way of hiding it actually.

Hylian7

pancakes
Yes, I totally caught that back then.
I thought Ann noticed then when she was saying "Ryuji you idiot, do you realize what this means?",
but I guess not.

Top Bottom