• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 free dlc delayed

Brhoom

Banned
https://youtu.be/8aMXEgo6SGI

- No new date was set
- Will still be free

just got the mail

Dear Resident Evil Ambassadors,

First of all, as always, thank you for your support of the Resident Evil series.

We have some important news for you today: we have decided to delay the release of the free Not a Hero DLC which was previously announced as coming in Spring 2017. The reason for this delay is that the content was simply not at the level of quality we know our fans expect and deserve.
In order to make sure we can deliver a great experience, we are going to take some more time to improve and polish this content.

As the Resident Evil 7 team wanted to let our fans know personally about this news, they have recorded a short video message which you can view below.

yurinka

It's ok for me. I prefer them to take some extra time in order to polish it as they consider. If it isn't ready I prefer to wait instead of getting a poor release.

Hanmik

just got the mail

Dear Resident Evil Ambassadors,

First of all, as always, thank you for your support of the Resident Evil series.

We have some important news for you today: we have decided to delay the release of the free Not a Hero DLC which was previously announced as coming in Spring 2017. The reason for this delay is that the content was simply not at the level of quality we know our fans expect and deserve.
In order to make sure we can deliver a great experience, we are going to take some more time to improve and polish this content.

As the Resident Evil 7 team wanted to let our fans know personally about this news, they have recorded a short video message which you can view below.

Tagg9

Basically they were close to finishing the extra content, but were surprised at the high reviews RE7 got so now they are spending more time on the DLC to increase its quality in line with the main game.

No new date is given.

Zip_it007

I was going to make a post about this, then I remembered I can't create threads.

It's a good delay if it's for quality reasons, I've got plenty of games to play in the meantime. Kind of makes me look forward to it more now, knowing they are putting in the extra effort.

They mentioned it will still be free too, which is also good.

T.O.P

Banned
Was thinking about this yesterday, kinda sad it's delayed but i guess it's for the best...need more RE7 stats :)

Nemesis_

Just to clarify, this is different to the paid DLC, where there's one piece left of the Season Pass to release, right?

That's cool but they really need to spill what the paid DLC episode is about. It's bullshit how we know nothing about that yet.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Just to clarify, this is different to the paid DLC, where there's one piece left of the Season Pass to release, right?

Yep. Jun Takeuchi talks about it in the video. There's a big piece of story DLC coming, part of the Season Pass.

myco666

That's cool but they really need to spill what the paid DLC episode is about. It's bullshit how we know nothing about that yet.

Quoting Dusk Golem from another thread

For those curious on the last DLC, third DLC comes out towards the end of 2017, it's a full side campaign thing that's several hours long and with a horror focus. It takes place in a completely new location that wasn't in RE7 with a completely new story, but with a tie-in to RE7's story. It is being directed by a person who was a lead designer on P.T. and joined Capcom near the end of RE7's development.

But it's still in early/mid development, so won't see it for several months. Probably will release this Fall.

I think that is a decent amount of info on what to expect.

Aggelos

Oh! Nice!
This means more stuff will be added and the DLC is going to be more polished and of bigger proportions.
What's with all the people these days that are so anxious and apprehensive to see everything being released with lightning speed.
Given the complexity of the games, the players' expectations and demands, the industry standards, delays are more like the norm (not the unpleasant exception anymore)....

Quoting Dusk Golem from another thread

I think that is a decent amount of info on what to expect.
Awesome. Especially to hear someone who was working on Silent Hills/PT is behind it. I don't care how long both of them take as long as they're up to the quality of the main game.

Sesha

I think they'll do a shadow drop at E3 after a trailer at one of the press conferences. With the same for the third DLC pack at PSX.

Whether or not this delay was already in the cards is hard to say, but this would be in line with Capcom's promise post-SF5 to delay releases if they deem it necessary to achieve a high enough quality.

myco666

Awesome. Especially to hear someone who was working on Silent Hills/PT is behind it. I don't care how long both of them take as long as they're up to the quality of the main game.

Honestly I am bit worried about the last DLC since it has horror focus and P.T designer working on it. Sounds like it will be hide and seek style horror which is easily the worst part of the main game and daughters DLC.

Sesha

Honestly I am bit worried about the last DLC since it has horror focus and P.T designer working on it. Sounds like it will be hide and seek style horror which is easily the worst part of the main game and daughters DLC.

I just assume the horror focus mention is meant to contrast it with the Not a Hero DLC, which is going to be more action-focused. Even with the PT designer I don't think it's reasonable to assume it will be a solely indie FP horror-type experience.

Kuraudo

Banned
I think they'll do a shadow drop at E3 after a trailer at one of the press conferences. With the same for the third DLC pack at PSX.

Whether or not this delay was already in the cards is hard to say, but this would be in line with Capcom's promise post-SF5 to delay releases if they deem it necessary to achieve a high enough quality.

Is RE7 DLC really big enough to get stage space at any of the conferences?

Besides, if they just delayed it from Spring it doesn't seem entirely plausible they'll be happy to release it a couple of weeks into June. We're most likely looking at July or August now.

liquidtmd

Banned

"Here is a trailer of RE7 DLC available tonight"

*Trailer plays, gets to the end, crowd fairly receptive and then the video crashes...

*Video pans to cinematic view of Racoon City, first REMake 2 trailer plays, crowd dies of a heart attack

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hopefully Chris can stay off the drugs in the meantime. Roid-rage Chris looked absurd.

I don't think a muscled Chris Redfield with a similar face to his RE6's model would look odd in Resident Evil 7's engine. I mean, I'm one of those people who thinks RE5-6 Chris was a bit too huge but I still think there's a way to make him look more realistic, keeping the muscles and the face.

170425102259250611.png

Sesha

Besides, if they just delayed it from Spring it doesn't seem entirely plausible they'll be happy to release it a couple of weeks into June. We're most likely looking at July or August now.

At PSX? Absolutely. A lot of the stuff shown at PSX are small fry compared to even DLC of RE7.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Well that was a very humble and honest video. I'm fine with this, take the time needed. Actually anticipating the second piece more, since that supposedly has more of a horror focus

Top Bottom