• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

cj_iwakura
Member
(08-08-2015, 03:43 PM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by silver.tongue

Just finished. GAF didnt lie.

This game is fucking perfect. I think I'm in love with the whole party. Just so good together. I teared up a bit more than once. Liked it so much I'm actually gonna do the Anime now. The original. Not golden first. Gonna do a complete LTTP post later today also.

Two things now tho:

1) How can people NOT like Marie? She is the best. Yukiko a bit behind.

2) I have a PS3 and a Vita. Which version of Persona 3 should I play? How can I get it?

Persona 3 FES is on the PSN for 3, Persona 3 Portable is on the PSN for PSV.

Do not get Portable. FES has added content, a post-game story, and the original presentation. The director is not fond of the concessions made for portable, and neither am I. (Animated scenes replaced by talking heads, to say the least.)
jello44
Chie is the worst waifu
(08-09-2015, 12:45 AM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

Persona 3 FES is on the PSN for 3, Persona 3 Portable is on the PSN for PSV.

Do not get Portable. FES has added content, a post-game story, and the original presentation. The director is not fond of the concessions made for portable, and neither am I. (Animated scenes replaced by talking heads, to say the least.)

Just as a addendum to this, in FES you do NOT control your party's actions. You can adjust their focus, just not what they will do. It might be a bit jarring coming from P4 depending on your playstyle.
silver.tongue
Member
(08-26-2015, 04:03 PM)
silver.tongue's Avatar
Currently playing NG+ of P4G while I play P3 FES.
P4G hooked me sooner in the game, but I totally see why ppl love P3 as well.

Also, I'm shooting for Max S.Links now on my Golden NG+. I was following a guide for a while but after I bit I decided to improvise a it.
I hope I can "fix" some differences between my gameplay and the guide later.

I am ahead on Yukiko, Rise, Dojima, Kanji, Shu and Sayoko, but late on Chie, Naoki and the Death lady.

Also trying for all costumes and all quests in this gameplay too.

I fucking love this game so much. I don't want to say it, because I've been playing games for liek 20 years now, but this might just be the best game I've ever played...
Curufinwe
Member
(08-26-2015, 04:28 PM)
Curufinwe's Avatar
You should be fine. I managed to max all my S.Links on my first playthru of Golden without strictly following any Guide.

The only place I really needed help was doing all the fishing stuff.
FrenchMovieTheme
I'm waiting for a star to fall
(10-06-2015, 06:33 AM)
FrenchMovieTheme's Avatar
hey breauxs, weird question but is there anyway to download an online save for this game? my wife accidentally erased my memory card. i thought games saved to the cart but they cleary don't. really bums me out because i had put like 30 hours or something into it. don't feel like starting over -_-
Grinchy
Member
(10-31-2015, 08:45 PM)
Grinchy's Avatar
haha so I finally got around to beating [End-game spoilers] Marie's dungeon. I just was not grasping how it was possible to get through all the floors with my SP halving each fight. It wasn't until like the 5th floor that I realized I was picking up armor the whole time that gave me some SP back lol. After I realized that, it became much easier.

I had made all the girls my girlfriends, so I got that awesome sequence where the game makes you feel like a complete piece of shit for it. It was done so well. I felt like a jerk. And even after all these months of not playing the game, at the end, I still felt the feels when everyone was sad about me going back to the city. It was the second time seeing the game end but it was still sad.
Remembrance
Member
(11-03-2015, 08:45 AM)
Remembrance's Avatar
I'm in January and just noticed something weird. Nobody texts you about the movie playing in January, and nobody gets a social link boost from the January movie.

Shouldn't there be movies for Naoto and Teddie in January and February?

Edit: Figured it out. You're supposed to unlock Okina City in June, and the movie schedule starts from the month when you unlock it. Naoto's movie should be in November and Teddie's in January.

Instead, I unlocked Okina in July and all the movies got bumped down one month. Now Naoto's movie is in December, when you can't watch any movies. In January you get this movie called "Obatar," which doesn't go with any party member and would have been playing in December otherwise.

This game, it is complicated.
JumpCancel
Banned
(11-03-2015, 08:57 PM)
Can someone remind me how to get the fishing rod? I've been frozen with doubt and not played it since I wanted to max out all SL in my current playthrough and haven't gone back since for fear of running out of time.

About 3 days in from the earliest date you can beat Nanako's Dungeon. I should just push past it and see what happens but I want everyone to love me first time round.
Remembrance
Member
(11-04-2015, 02:37 AM)
Remembrance's Avatar

Originally Posted by JumpCancel

Can someone remind me how to get the fishing rod? I've been frozen with doubt and not played it since I wanted to max out all SL in my current playthrough and haven't gone back since for fear of running out of time.

  • Trade soda to the kid at the shrine for ladybugs
  • Get any gem from the dungeons
  • Take both to the Shiroku Pub at night and trade ladybug for fishhook
  • Take fishhook to old man at the riverbank to get fishing rod
If you're in November and still have to do Hermit rank 10... The last rainy days in the whole game are in November, so you'll want to save catching the fish and the rank-up events for those days.

If you want to max out all SLs, just make sure someone gets ranked up on every possible day. Plan around the boost you get from the final exams. Draw fortunes at night if necessary (Temperance in particular will take too many days if you don't). Make sure you know which SLs have deadlines in December, and prioritize Death whenever available.
Guess Who
Banned
(11-04-2015, 02:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Grinchy

haha so I finally got around to beating [End-game spoilers] Marie's dungeon. I just was not grasping how it was possible to get through all the floors with my SP halving each fight. It wasn't until like the 5th floor that I realized I was picking up armor the whole time that gave me some SP back lol. After I realized that, it became much easier.

I had made all the girls my girlfriends, so I got that awesome sequence where the game makes you feel like a complete piece of shit for it. It was done so well. I felt like a jerk. And even after all these months of not playing the game, at the end, I still felt the feels when everyone was sad about me going back to the city. It was the second time seeing the game end but it was still sad.

If you're implying Marie's dungeon was the last one you did in the game, you missed one.
Grinchy
Member
(11-04-2015, 02:46 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guess Who

If you're implying Marie's dungeon was the last one you did in the game, you missed one.

Oh, I'm aware :(

The only person I never cared about hanging out with screwed me out of the good ending!
Guess Who
Banned
(11-04-2015, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Grinchy

Oh, I'm aware :(

The only person I never cared about hanging out with screwed me out of the good ending!

If you have a save file where you can get to the last day of the game, you could still get it!
Grinchy
Member
(11-04-2015, 02:51 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Guess Who

If you have a save file where you can get to the last day of the game, you could still get it!

!

I might! Wow I gotta check into that.
Guess Who
Banned
(11-04-2015, 02:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Grinchy

!

I might! Wow I gotta check into that.

(How to get on the True Ending route spoiler) After speaking to everyone in town on the last day, when it prompts you to go home and get ready for tomorrow, say "no" and head to the Junes food court instead. That'll get you going.
hiten
Junior Member
(12-08-2015, 03:53 PM)
Hi all, newcomer here.

I want to ask, do stats get inherited when fusing Personas?

I mean, if the parents have leveled up or gained stats bonus from card, will the fused Persona become stronger compared to one with the same parents but lower level/stats?

Thanks.
sweetvar26
Member
(12-10-2015, 11:34 AM)
sweetvar26's Avatar
Just bought the game couple of weeks ago when it was on sale, never played a Persona game before. Looking forward to it and staying in very easy, I heard it's the best and fastest way to go through the story without much grinding.
RedFox85
Member
(12-18-2015, 04:56 PM)
RedFox85's Avatar

Originally Posted by sweetvar26

Just bought the game couple of weeks ago when it was on sale, never played a Persona game before. Looking forward to it and staying in very easy, I heard it's the best and fastest way to go through the story without much grinding.

Same here, picked up a psTV and this game. I am about 15 hours played, pretty good so far! It seems simplistic from a gameplay standpoint but I love the characters.
lucablight
Member
(12-22-2015, 03:08 PM)
Does this have any DLC? I have an Australian PSN account but a U.S copy.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(12-22-2015, 04:06 PM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucablight

Does this have any DLC? I have an Australian PSN account but a U.S copy.

Not that I can remember.
Funyarinpa
Member
(12-22-2015, 04:11 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar
Y'all motherfuckers were right.

GOTY
RoninChaos
Member
(02-01-2016, 02:20 AM)
RoninChaos's Avatar
I'm in October and I'm getting really fucking bored. It's like the game is in a slump. Does it pick back up?
Tamanon
Banned
(02-01-2016, 02:21 AM)
Tamanon's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoninChaos

I'm in October and I'm getting really fucking bored. It's like the game is in a slump. Does it pick back up?

Over this next month it shifts into hyperdrive.
Funyarinpa
Member
(02-01-2016, 08:35 AM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoninChaos

I'm in October and I'm getting really fucking bored. It's like the game is in a slump. Does it pick back up?

I think that was right before the part where I started to pull 10 hour sessions daily.
Sakujou
Banned
(03-06-2016, 05:35 PM)
hey guys, i hope you can help me out. i have a hard time playing the kanjis bathhouse. the boss is super hard to finish. what to do? did i not level properly?
Funyarinpa
Member
(03-06-2016, 05:46 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sakujou

hey guys, i hope you can help me out. i have a hard time playing the kanjis bathhouse. the boss is super hard to finish. what to do? did i not level properly?

Vanilla or Golden?

Anyway, if it's golden, just play the dungeon from the bottom floor again. Completely base your strategy on hitting its weakness (Don't recall what it is) and level one or two Personae that have a skill that is the weakness of the boss. Buffs/Debuffs are INCREDIBLY important. Rakunda is a must.
Sakujou
Banned
(03-06-2016, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Funyarinpa

Vanilla or Golden?

Anyway, if it's golden, just play the dungeon from the bottom floor again. Completely base your strategy on hitting its weakness (Don't recall what it is) and level one or two Personae that have a skill that is the weakness of the boss. Buffs/Debuffs are INCREDIBLY important. Rakunda is a must.

its golden and i usually never used any buffs till now
iam level 18 and the two side thingies are already giving me a hard time. i dont look shit up on gamefaq so i hope someone can give me hints how to level in a specific way or which personas are a must for this boss fight. another big question is how to fuse personas, if fusing them is important and if it helps me which ones will help me in that specific bossfight...
Funyarinpa
Member
(03-06-2016, 05:57 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sakujou

its golden and i usually never used any buffs till now
iam level 18 and the two side thingies are already giving me a hard time. i dont look shit up on gamefaq so i hope someone can give me hints how to level in a specific way or which personas are a must for this boss fight. another big question is how to fuse personas, if fusing them is important and if it helps me which ones will help me in that specific bossfight...

If memory serves, both side things have a weakness. Experiment with all skills you have because hitting an enemy's weakness and then triggering All-Out Attacks is crucial to success in P4G.

Fusing (and S. Linking) is INCREDIBLY important. Since Golden lets you choose the skills to carry over, you pretty much have no reason to not fuse stuff. Especially fuse Personae you've progressed the S. Links for, since they give a CRAZY XP boost. With a far S. Link you pretty much get 1-2 skills for free after fusion thanks to the XP bonus. In Persona, don't grind. Just save all your Personae to the Compendium and fuse away!
Sakujou
Banned
(03-06-2016, 06:30 PM)
healing is also expensive.... is there another way than getting healed by the fox?
Funyarinpa
Member
(03-06-2016, 06:55 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sakujou

healing is also expensive.... is there another way than getting healed by the fox?

Spam Media by going to Skill from the menu. Are you stuck at Kanji's deadline? If not, you can just come back another day.
Grinchy
Member
(03-06-2016, 11:34 PM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sakujou

healing is also expensive.... is there another way than getting healed by the fox?

I just realized I never once paid the fox fee. If I couldn't get through the whole dungeon in one day, I'd just count it as a loss and come back the next day to finish it.
Sakujou
Banned
(03-07-2016, 12:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Grinchy

I just realized I never once paid the fox fee. If I couldn't get through the whole dungeon in one day, I'd just count it as a loss and come back the next day to finish it.

i eventually found out that you can control the other peeps in your party too.
i never used rakunda before so i eventually got through without getting killed once. wow what the fuck was i doing the whole time....
i retried the boss afterwards to see how easy it was and saw that i got far less EXP on my second time. does anyone know if exp are given out differently?

oh and btw. thanks to everyone for the tips!
jbluzb
Member
(03-07-2016, 04:20 AM)
jbluzb's Avatar
1st time play through on p4g oh my, 25 hours in what a great game. I'm in the rise dungeon. Teddie is so cute😍😍 all the charters are so endearing and memorable.
Funyarinpa
Member
(03-07-2016, 05:34 AM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by jbluzb

1st time play through on p4g oh my, 25 hours in what a great game. I'm in the rise dungeon. Teddie is so cute😍😍 all the charters are so endearing and memorable.

You're in for the ride of your life.
calder
Awesome Овечкин
Овечкин is awesome
(03-16-2016, 11:27 PM)
After getting stuck on a playthrough about 30 hours in a couple of years ago and never getting around to it again I finally finished P4G this week. Such a great, great game, I can't believe how much of it was unfamiliar to me as for whatever reason I had thought I was half done the game or more when I stopped playing the first time. It was long, but I loved the extended epilogue of the last couple of months - the feeling of visiting with my friends and talking to everyone in town to tie up loose ends. *sniff*

I played it in the living room on my PSTV and to my surprise my wife expressed a bit of disappointment that I was done - I hadn't realized she was occasionally paying attention. She said she'll miss the music now that it won't be playing for a couple of hours a night and that it's a shame the soundtrack isn't on Apple Music.


Now I'm finally able to watch the anime and patiently wait for P5.
Funyarinpa
Member
(03-16-2016, 11:38 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by calder

After getting stuck on a playthrough about 30 hours in a couple of years ago and never getting around to it again I finally finished P4G this week. Such a great, great game, I can't believe how much of it was unfamiliar to me as for whatever reason I had thought I was half done the game or more when I stopped playing the first time. It was long, but I loved the extended epilogue of the last couple of months - the feeling of visiting with my friends and talking to everyone in town to tie up loose ends. *sniff*

I played it in the living room on my PSTV and to my surprise my wife expressed a bit of disappointment that I was done - I hadn't realized she was occasionally paying attention. She said she'll miss the music now that it won't be playing for a couple of hours a night and that it's a shame the soundtrack isn't on Apple Music.


Now I'm finally able to watch the anime and patiently wait for P5.

One of us, one of us! Glad you liked the game.
Ostinatto
Member
(07-25-2016, 04:34 AM)
Ostinatto's Avatar
End Shuffle "immediately ends shuffle time"



What is this?
Guess Who
Banned
(07-25-2016, 04:43 AM)
edit: ignore
Hironobu Sakaguchi
Member
(08-23-2016, 12:48 AM)
sorry for the bump but i'm also late to the party and i just finish the game on NG+ with platinum trophy around 200 hrs -2 months to beat NG and NG+-

i cant get enough from saying how much i LOVE this game , i didnt play original P4, and lost interest on original P3 although i was on the final parts of the game then lost complete interest after FES and P3P versions , too much for a single game

i dont know where to start, from the awesome cast of characters , or the amazing turn of events, or the presentation of a complete package with GREAT QUALITY truly polished, it's a solid game that must be owned , even a system seller IMHO.

the extra contents are appreciated and i say the GOLDING ENDING is the way to go , glad that i didnt play the original cause i didnt like the other endings that much and maybe it'd be a normal ending if it wouldn't be golden.

i believe this game got what it deserved from many people, what i'm saying here isn't new and maybe thousand said it before, but the satisfaction of this game is what urged me to write this post no matter what.

hope P5 would be something.

what a game, i LOVE it

am i overacting if i said that this game deserves an appreciation threat -? i think not :) -

SOLID 10/10
btw, CHIE for the win ;)
jmaine_ph
Member
(01-03-2017, 10:40 PM)
jmaine_ph's Avatar
50+ hours in and I just discovered Tentarafoo. What's the catch because this seems OP as hell?!
Femto.
Member
(01-12-2017, 12:03 AM)
Femto.'s Avatar
Necro bump.

So I'm looking at a spoiler-free guide and was initially looking to get the true ending. Then I noticed that there is a Golden ending. Which one is "better"?

No spoilers please.
Funyarinpa
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:06 AM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Femto.

Necro bump.

So I'm looking at a spoiler-free guide and was initially looking to get the true ending. Then I noticed that there is a Golden ending. Which one is "better"?

No spoilers please.

Regarding ending differences: Golden Ending is almost the same as the True Ending. The only difference, if memory serves, is that getting the Golden Ending lets you see some extra content related to a particular character if you fill a particular prerequisite. So, Golden is the best ending and True is just the OG P4's true (best) ending.
T8SC
Member
(02-25-2017, 05:53 PM)
T8SC's Avatar
I just finished this game last night, I've never played a Persona game before, but bought this based on recommendations here & various other sites. I needed a good game for the Vita and I definitely got it here.

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The story, characters & music were all fantastic. I loved how it took awhile to properly get into the game, building the world & characters, very different from how a lot of games are made these days, where it's action from the first minute to keep some people's short attention.

Only managed around 50% of the trophies so I'll have to play New Game + at some point, but I want to forget as much as possible before I try again so it feels like a fresh experience again and I'll have to get Persona 5 too.

So yeah, this is a fantastic game, probably the best last gen game and its perfect on the Vita too.


I didn't know it was possible to stand on your face.
Funyarinpa
Member
(02-25-2017, 06:16 PM)
Funyarinpa's Avatar

Originally Posted by T8SC

I just finished this game last night, I've never played a Persona game before, but bought this based on recommendations here & various other sites. I needed a good game for the Vita and I definitely got it here.

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The story, characters & music were all fantastic. I loved how it took awhile to properly get into the game, building the world & characters, very different from how a lot of games are made these days, where it's action from the first minute to keep some people's short attention.

Only managed around 50% of the trophies so I'll have to play New Game + at some point, but I want to forget as much as possible before I try again so it feels like a fresh experience again and I'll have to get Persona 5 too.

So yeah, this is a fantastic game, probably the best last gen game and its perfect on the Vita too.


I didn't know it was possible to stand on your face.

Persona is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey...

All P-GAF knows this from birth...


Welcome to this space between dreams and reality, which we call the Persona 5 release wind- ahem, I mean,The Velvet Room.
T8SC
Member
(02-25-2017, 08:36 PM)
T8SC's Avatar
I need to pick up The Animation series boxset on Blu-Ray. Looks good.
chunk3rvd
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:07 AM)
chunk3rvd's Avatar
Just about to tackle the 3rd dungeon. I'm finding that there's no point in switching Kanji in as he's 10+ levels lower than everyone else. Also, no point in ever switching personas as I've had that many lvl up cards or +1 stat card that my current persona has way better stats than anything I could fuse

Is this all pretty normal? If so, I'm thinking of just sticking to the OG 4 for my first playtbrough then exploring some of the other characters in NG+?
DieNgamers
Member
(03-22-2017, 10:01 AM)
DieNgamers's Avatar
Am I missing something with this game?

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.
Lusankya
Member
(03-22-2017, 04:14 PM)
Lusankya's Avatar

Originally Posted by DieNgamers

Am I missing something with this game?

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.

If you're not used to these types of games the beginning can be quite slow. But after a while you'll get lots of dungeons to explore and battles to fight plus the sim aspect of the game opens up.
Lunar15
Member
(03-22-2017, 04:45 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by DieNgamers

Am I missing something with this game?

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.

The beginning is a lot of setup and doesn't allow you much freedom. Once you hit the first dungeon then the game backs off a bit and lets you decide how you want to spend your time.
_Ryo_
(03-22-2017, 05:16 PM)
_Ryo_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by DieNgamers

Am I missing something with this game?

I went in unprepared but so far it has been "run from point A to point B to experience walls of dialogue". Well, I got sucked into a TV and fought some kind of shadow there but overall it has been painfully uneventful and slow. The murder mystery is kind of interesting...Dat padding though.

Does the gameplay loop change up a bit? I'm not a fan of interactive movies...Maybe it's not for me or I'm way to impatient.

If you're just beginning the game takes anywhere from 3 to 6 hours to pick up.
DieNgamers
Member
(03-22-2017, 08:52 PM)
DieNgamers's Avatar
Alright! I'll give it a chance, of course. There are elements I like...You have to be in the mood for it.

Thread Tools