• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Newtype-001
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:38 PM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
Was just gonna post Seagull streaming :D
Them pharah hits
https://clips.twitch.tv/FastFriendlyMinkTakeNRG

He got Dragonblade again after using it 1 fight ago
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldySparklyChickenAliens
CybernatonEvolution
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:40 PM)
CybernatonEvolution's Avatar
So, I am having higher ping and some input lag lately. It turns out the frame rate was locked to 95fps instead of 144. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU



I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't monitoring MSI afterburner's statistics too, even though I had ping and fps displayed using Overwatch's settings (alongside the damn RTSS overlay lol).


Now I can have my seventruple kills back.
Jellie
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:41 PM)
Jellie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Newtype-001

Was just gonna post Seagull streaming :D
Them pharah hits
https://clips.twitch.tv/FastFriendlyMinkTakeNRG

He got Dragonblade again after using it 1 fight ago
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldySparklyChickenAliens

Think I saw you in the twitch chat yesterday during Rogue vs Selfless talking about Korean ping? Was it you?
Terareflection
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:42 PM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by Newtype-001

Was just gonna post Seagull streaming :D
Them pharah hits
https://clips.twitch.tv/FastFriendlyMinkTakeNRG

He got Dragonblade again after using it 1 fight ago
https://clips.twitch.tv/MoldySparklyChickenAliens

Of course, he's playing Soldier. Can we just nerf this character so every streamer would stop using him?
Newtype-001
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)
Newtype-001's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jellie

Think I saw you in the twitch chat yesterday during Rogue vs Selfless talking about Korean ping? Was it you?

Yep
I said something like LG lost to Runaway on their 150-200ping lol and Uncleswagg corrected me 140-150 or 60 something like that.

Uncleswaggs super fast

Originally Posted by Terareflection

Of course, he's playing Soldier. Can we just nerf this character so every streamer would stop using him?

He actualy had to switch to that cause he had no idea how to counter such mobile comp he was basically halfway feeding on def till he switched.
DevilDog
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:54 PM)
DevilDog's Avatar

Originally Posted by kirblar

Yup. Play pattern is awful with him. "Does nothing...does nothing....does nothing...."YELLS IN JAPANESE"...*backline dead*"

I would like his blade to be more frequent but less powerful. Give other players more ways to play around it. Make it a part of his kit.

I mean he should get it far easier, but it should be less effective.
Last edited by DevilDog; 03-20-2017 at 11:57 PM.
GoaThief
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:55 PM)
GoaThief's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiK

Lol, Sty's latest OverAnalyzed video is for a Diamond Genji. I'm laughing so hard at him triggering over the Genji's bad positioning and shitty attitude towards his team. Def worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/9rm3yC40w9g

Sty didn't say enough, particularly come the end. Requests for switches from Genji player when it's likely that Genji was the biggest issue - last two rounds especially. Genji attitude was horrible and the silence for long periods near the end was very telling. At least some comments are telling it like it is from the little I've read. That support line...yikes .
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
antitrop's Avatar
I'm surprised Sty didn't mention that it's probably not a good idea to triple queue with 3 people in 3 different ranks in the first place.

They were lucky another Gold/Plat/Diamond triple was queueing at the same time.
caesar
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:05 AM)
caesar's Avatar

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum

GUYS I KNOW GENJI IS AMAZING WITH A HIGH SKILL CEILING

I'm just tired of people instalocking him and letting my team down because they can't flank, can't prioritize supports, can't reflect priority damage, and then proceed to blame everyone else for their shortcomings and masturbating furiously when they land a dragonblade triple kill.

I JUST DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER AT ALL MMMKAY

Why don't you like him? His design and mechanics are awesome.
Newtype-001
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:12 AM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousFairBaconGOWSkull
Dem dinks
LucidMomentum
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:14 AM)
LucidMomentum's Avatar

Originally Posted by caesar

Why don't you like him? His design and mechanics are awesome.

I don't like Genji's current playstyle. As someone who mainly plays frontline defense or backline support, Genji and Pharah are my current biggest annoyances. Not to mention the skill ceiling separating a player like Seagull from your every day pub player on a character like Genji.

Toolkit wise and mechanics I think it's an interesting archetype and I like how Blizzard has worked melee kits into an FPS game but at the end of the day I will probably never play him outside of random heroes or 1v1s because I absolutely loathe the character design.

Blizzard made the most Anime bait character a DPS which lends to a lot of people instalocking Genji and being insufferable while doing so.

Basically it's like if you mixed a Razer mouse with Bleach and gave it the potential to get teamwipes and the hallowed 1V6 PotG that so many people in team games seem to crave.
Last edited by LucidMomentum; 03-21-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Newtype-001
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:20 AM)
Newtype-001's Avatar
Im still gon pick Genji every qp match i can
komaruR
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:21 AM)
komaruR's Avatar

Originally Posted by antitrop

I'm surprised Sty didn't mention that it's probably not a good idea to triple queue with 3 people in 3 different ranks in the first place.

They were lucky another Gold/Plat/Diamond triple was queueing at the same time.

He thinks he could carry the gold but no, it was the other 3 that was doing carrying. Carried his sorry ass until he somehow not really poking and got ult for swording.

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum

I don't like Genji's current playstyle. As someone who mainly plays frontline defense or backline support, Genji and Pharah are my current biggest annoyances. Not to mention the skill ceiling separating a player like Seagull from your every day pub player on a character like Genji.

Toolkit wise and mechanics I think it's an interesting archetype and I like how Blizzard has worked melee kits into an FPS game but at the end of the day I will probably never play him outside of random heroes or 1v1s because I absolutely loathe the character design.

Blizzard made the most Anime bait character a DPS which lends to a lot of people instalocking Genji and being insufferable while doing so.

Basically it's like if you mixed a Razer mouse with Bleach and gave it the potential to get teamwipes and the hallowed 1V6 PotG that so many people in team games seem to crave.

How about Hanzo?!
Rickenslacker
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:21 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
Genji practically gets POTG handed to him as the algorithm seems to love his derp stick.
Skii
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Skii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Newtype-001

Im still gon pick Genji every qp match i can

I will happily solo dragon blade a support if it means I can ruin their enjoyment of the game.
LucidMomentum
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
LucidMomentum's Avatar

Originally Posted by komaruR


How about Hanzo?!

I think I have the least time played on the following heroes:

Widowmaker
Hanzo
Genji

For similar reasons to my Genji reasoning.

Out of the three, I actually like Hanzo's design the most. But I still feel it's a little too much anime bait and still plays on common Asian tropes a bit too much.

I dig Widowmaker's backstory, femme fatale style and her use of French is cool but making her T&A Assassin the hero lost a lot of points with me.

In terms of gameplay, I'm not necessarily amazing with snipers so I rarely use them.

Once again, making an anime bait character a sniper that has a high skill ceiling and needs some amount of coordination and has a high chance of being a detriment to the team if played poorly also frustrates me.
Last edited by LucidMomentum; 03-21-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Celcius
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:30 AM)
Celcius's Avatar
Playing as Widowmaker and going up against Pharah is always fun
caesar
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:35 AM)
caesar's Avatar

Originally Posted by LucidMomentum

I don't like Genji's current playstyle. As someone who mainly plays frontline defense or backline support, Genji and Pharah are my current biggest annoyances. Not to mention the skill ceiling separating a player like Seagull from your every day pub player on a character like Genji.

Toolkit wise and mechanics I think it's an interesting archetype and I like how Blizzard has worked melee kits into an FPS game but at the end of the day I will probably never play him outside of random heroes or 1v1s because I absolutely loathe the character design.

Blizzard made the most Anime bait character a DPS which lends to a lot of people instalocking Genji and being insufferable while doing so.

What is his current playstyle? I don't really think people play him cos 'anime bait' anymore, he is legitimately one of the best heros to learn.

I don't really get your argument, so your mad when genji harrasses you as backline support but you also want that player to be as good as seagull?
DevilDog
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:39 AM)
DevilDog's Avatar
Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.
Joshmyersbv
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:41 AM)
Joshmyersbv's Avatar
I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?
TWrecks310
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:41 AM)
TWrecks310's Avatar

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

The first step to recovery is acceptance that you are a weeb.
Rickenslacker
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:44 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joshmyersbv

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?

Anything Zowie (same sensor across their mice, just choose the form factor that you like). Logitech Pro and G403 are good too.

I use a Zowie FK1, something I especially like about Zowie is that there's no mouse software with them, everything is done entirely on the mouse itself.
Last edited by Rickenslacker; 03-21-2017 at 12:47 AM.
DevilDog
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:45 AM)
DevilDog's Avatar
Everytime an enemy switches heroes, I want a sound indicator. It's lame that we have to use tab for it.

Originally Posted by TWrecks310

The first step to recovery is acceptance that you are a weeb.

My dad used to cut my hair with a katana, doctor.
Last edited by DevilDog; 03-21-2017 at 12:48 AM.
TheThinWhiteDuke
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:50 AM)
TheThinWhiteDuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by MG310

The Bastion meta has been a lot of fun for me as a Zen player who got to kill a lot of bad Bastions who don't seem to think Zen has a chance at killing them after they are discorded.

Agreed, but there are some Bastions who are flat-out looking for Zens now, and will pass up other targets just to get to you. It's kinda frightening if the Bastion actually knows what he's doing.
caesar
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:51 AM)
caesar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joshmyersbv

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?

I use a zowie ec2a. Great mouse and no software.
CybernatonEvolution
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:58 AM)
CybernatonEvolution's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joshmyersbv

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?

I am using the Logitech G502; it has a great optical sensor. Corsair M65 is great too.
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
shintoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

Hey guys, we got some Weeb Trash here.
komaruR
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
komaruR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joshmyersbv

I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse to use for Overwatch and I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys.What one's and you all use?

go out to your local bestbuy and see if they got a razor deathadder on display. try the ergonomics of it.
zowie ec2-a is similar deathadder but slightly smaller.
imo, think deathadder and ec2-a is feels more comfortable for palm grip
http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse/ec/ec2-a.html

zowie fk1 or 2 series are symmetric form factor and does not have the bump on the palm area like razor deathadder/zowie ec2-a
fk series is not bad if you want to have a smaller palm area for griping when doing wider movement
http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse/fk/fk2.html

rocketjumpninja does great mouse reviews
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/
CybernatonEvolution
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:04 AM)
CybernatonEvolution's Avatar
Speaking of weebs, I was trying to get out of ello hell in Season 1 by grouping up with a Gaffer here (finalflame). We had someone pick Hanzo immediately, so we told him to switch and we were like "hopefully he doesn't switch to Genji" AND HE FUCKING DID LOL. It was literally a meme; I remember screen capturing the group chat where we predicted he would switch to Genji.

Them Shimada bros.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(03-21-2017, 01:04 AM)
Gorillaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

I love that genji is pretty much the one character that has had his label stick and just permeate to a person's personality since launch. We had Reaper and D.va jokes but "pro genji" is never going away.

Just embrace it at this point and tell everyone in the main lobby what your favorite anime of the season is
TWrecks310
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:10 AM)
TWrecks310's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gorillaz

I love that genji is pretty much the one character that has had his label stick and just permeate to a person's personality since launch. We had Reaper and D.va jokes but "pro genji" is never going away.

Just embrace it at this point and tell everyone in the main lobby what your favorite anime of the season is

Some people think that every Mercy main is a girl.

I also had a guy on my team once who was getting tilted while playing Soldier and started acting like him saying stuff like "We're all Soldiers now" in the most serious way possible. I'm not sure if that story is relevant, but I had to share that lol.

If I ask a Genji player their favorite anime and they DON'T say either Cowboy Bebop or FLCL they are getting reported.
finalflame
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:12 AM)
finalflame's Avatar
https://www.twitch.tv/carbonentertainment

LG Loyal vs. Immortals about to start up for the Carbon Series W5 :)
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
(03-21-2017, 01:16 AM)
shintoki's Avatar
It's a shame you can tell how the game is going to go many of the times just in the first pick

Notice we have absolutely no range.

"Hey, if they have a Pharah, we're fucked, can someone switch".

They have a Pharah

"Can someone switch to something to help with her"

1v1 Pharah as Lucio
No one switches, so I switch
Round ends

"Why do we have one healer guis?!"
Karsticles
(03-21-2017, 01:19 AM)
Karsticles's Avatar

Originally Posted by shintoki

It's a shame you can tell how the game is going to go many of the times just in the first pick

Notice we have absolutely no range.

"Hey, if they have a Pharah, we're fucked, can someone switch".

They have a Pharah

"Can someone switch to something to help with her"

1v1 Pharah as Lucio
No one switches, so I switch
Round ends

"Why do we have one healer guis?!"

In Bronze/Silver 100% of matches feature Junkrat, and 99% have Pharah. The Junkrats always complain about Pharah, and I always tell them to switch to a useful hero so they can help kill her.
kirblar
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:20 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

In Bronze/Silver 100% of matches feature Junkrat, and 99% have Pharah. The Junkrats always complain about Pharah, and I always tell them to switch to a useful hero so they can help kill her.

Truth.
Rickenslacker
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:23 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar

Originally Posted by CybernatonEvolution

Speaking of weebs, I was trying to get out of ello hell in Season 1 by grouping up with a Gaffer here (finalflame). We had someone pick Hanzo immediately, so we told him to switch and we were like "hopefully he doesn't switch to Genji" AND HE FUCKING DID LOL. It was literally a meme; I remember screen capturing the group chat where we predicted he would switch to Genji.

Them Shimada bros.

The Shimadas and Widowmaker. It is the quintessential Overwatch player stereotype. So many times I've seen players who, if they ever swap characters, only EVER swap between that trinity.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(03-21-2017, 01:26 AM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by TWrecks310

Some people think that every Mercy main is a girl.

I'm a 31 year old male war veteran.

I just like playing Mercy. :(

I'm not bad at aiming either, I've been playing online FPS since the 90s.

I. JUST. LIKE. PLAYING. MERCY.
Last edited by antitrop; 03-21-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Ayumi
Your Waifu is Shit
(03-21-2017, 01:39 AM)
Ayumi's Avatar

Originally Posted by DevilDog

Genji is by far my most played character and my best character.

Fuck his appearance. Thanks to him I'm labelled a weeb everywhere.

Make sure you equip the Sparrow/Young Genji skin for that extra Naruto-feel.
Gorillaz
sober as a drunk judge
(03-21-2017, 01:41 AM)
Gorillaz's Avatar
wait is the maskless genji the ultimate one? I thought it was the halloween one tha was pure weeb

I only have the masked off ones. Fuck it's the weeb's choice :(
CybernatonEvolution
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:42 AM)
CybernatonEvolution's Avatar
I increased the mouse DPI by mistake, and suddenly I am so much better at aiming with Mcree, Widow (especially her) and Pharah. I usually don't like higher sensitivities by somehow this works better in Overwatch (Widow has slow scoped speed/sensitivity).
DevilDog
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:47 AM)
DevilDog's Avatar
But I don't even watch anime. The only ones I've seen are DBZ and Psycho Pass.
LucidMomentum
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:47 AM)
LucidMomentum's Avatar

Originally Posted by caesar

What is his current playstyle? I don't really think people play him cos 'anime bait' anymore, he is legitimately one of the best heros to learn.

I don't really get your argument, so your mad when genji harrasses you as backline support but you also want that player to be as good as seagull?

His current playstyle of being an annoying fly on the wall that pokes your supports until he builds ult and then he kills everyone.

The odds of having a Genji be godawful and think he's good have been way higher than any other character, IMO. He just tends to attract the worst players in Overwatch with the worst attitudes.

Also Genji just bleeds anime and even as an avid anime watcher I hate the character, the design, the ability his ult has to singlehandedly kill me before I can react, and I hate that as a Reinhardt / Lucio / Ana / Hog player I have to focus him more than anyone else on the team because my team tends to ignore him until RYUJIN...

But most of all,

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

The Shimadas and Widowmaker. It is the quintessential Overwatch player stereotype. So many times I've seen players who, if they ever swap characters, only EVER swap between that trinity.

This. I've had so many games lost because our star DPS xUCHIHAx who can't outperform me as Rein is trying to tell me how we all suck and his smurf is GM and he doesn't feel he should switch off Genji and when he switches he switches to Hanzo into the other team's Winston.

Originally Posted by CybernatonEvolution

I increased the mouse DPI by mistake, and suddenly I am so much better at aiming with Mcree, Widow (especially her) and Pharah. I usually don't like higher sensitivities by somehow this works better in Overwatch (Widow has slow scoped speed/sensitivity).

High DPI, low sens is the way to go my guy.

Originally Posted by DevilDog

But I don't even watch anime. The only ones I've seen are DBZ and Psycho Pass.

I've seen so much anime, it just reminds me that Genji is super tryhard design mode. Like, I had the benefit of the doubt until the Sparrow skin at which point I realized they were going full Shounen with it.
Last edited by LucidMomentum; 03-21-2017 at 01:52 AM.
LiK
(03-21-2017, 01:59 AM)
LiK's Avatar

Originally Posted by DevilDog

But I don't even watch anime. The only ones I've seen are DBZ and Psycho Pass.

I have bad news...
Stallion Dan
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:03 AM)
Stallion Dan's Avatar
I got to Gold, then lost and dropped below 2000, but I'm still Gold?


Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

The Shimadas and Widowmaker. It is the quintessential Overwatch player stereotype. So many times I've seen players who, if they ever swap characters, only EVER swap between that trinity.

Lol, another random and I were begging a teammate to swap from Hanzo, he finally agreed...Picked Widow.

The other and I just started laughing so hard.
Last edited by Stallion Dan; 03-21-2017 at 02:08 AM.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(03-21-2017, 02:05 AM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stallion Dan

I got to Gold, then lost and dropped below 2000, but I'm still Gold?

You keep your highest rank icon for Bronze through Diamond. Master through Top 500 only keeps the icon if you're above the minimum SR for that rank.
Stallion Dan
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:09 AM)
Stallion Dan's Avatar

Originally Posted by antitrop

You keep your highest rank icon for Bronze through Diamond. Master through Top 500 only keeps the icon if you're above the minimum SR for that rank.

Gotcha, cheers.
Terareflection
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:10 AM)
Terareflection's Avatar
Just stole POTG from Pharah as Mercy

She got a quad kill to full hold the first point.

I got a double Rez then sniped an enemy Soldier to help secure the second point.

Anything wrong with this picture?
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(03-21-2017, 02:12 AM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Terareflection

Just stole POTG from Pharah as Mercy

She got a quad kill to full hold the first point.

I got a double Rez then sniped an enemy Soldier to help secure the second point.

Anything wrong with this picture?

Did you get any assists? Those count for quite a bit towards POTG, actually.

A 2x rez, an elim, and an assist or two isn't a bad POTG.
Terareflection
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:16 AM)
Terareflection's Avatar

Originally Posted by antitrop

Did you get any assists? Those count for quite a bit towards POTG, actually.

A 2x rez, an elim, and an assist or two isn't a bad POTG.

Nope, just an elim. But still I don't think that's fair.
randome
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:18 AM)
Got to 2300 SR and then literally just continue to lose. It's been like two days of straight losing. I lost over 100 SR in 1 match. Fml.

Thread Tools