Visit the No Man's Sky Repository for all information collected about the game all in one place.
No Man's Sky is a Science Fiction game focusing on space exploration and survival, with the primary objective of getting to the CENTER OF THE GALAXY. Little is known about this Galaxy, and the development team have deliberately
kept a lot of the game mechanics and details about the lore a secret. The reason for this is simple- You have to discover them yourself. There is a Malevolent Force present in this Universe, and we get to uncover it's secrets.
- 18 Quintillion Planets - Planet-sized planets. Some of which are dangerous and hostile. Some barren and dead. Others lush and full of life. All rotate and orbit around their parent star.
- You Can Go There! - All planets and stars in the sky are reachable, explore-able, and star systems contain objectives with significance to that system.
- Procedurally Generated - (Not RANDOMLY) Terrains, Atmospheres, Flora/Fauna, etc, are all generated with a reason and purpose. Things like distance from the sun, size, etc, play a role in what's generated.
- A Galaxy at War - Multiple factions and races exist in this universe. Choose to help or harm them for your own gain. Learn their languages, and learn how to more easily work with or against them.
- PS+ Not Required - Game can be played completely offline. (Requires internet to share Discoveries with server. Don’t forget the Day One Patch though!)
- Day One Patch Notes!- You need this if you want to fully enjoy the recommended experience.
No Man's Sky is a game focused on Emergent Gameplay. What this means is simple. The game tosses you in and leaves you to your own. The "Gameplay Loop" is yours to decide.
The Following Four Pillars of Gameplay are all you need to navigate your exploration of the Cosmos. Explore unknown worlds. Discover ancient alien ruins that may help or hurt your
journey. Beware of the Sentinels, a self replicating machine race that protects the galaxy from invasive explorers like you who disrupt the balance. Stop asking questions, and go forth.
- CLICK THE GIFS FOR VIDEO!
Sean Murray figured out the answer. Click below.
Well, here you are. Stranded.
You're on an unknown, undiscovered world. Your scanner is malfunctioning, your Multi-tool is a piece of junk only meant for basic mining, your Analysis Visor is borked, and your busted Starship is grounded and emitting an
unceremonious shower of sparks. It's Launch Thruster and Pulse Engine are fried. The good news- your Exosuit, Life Support System, and Environmental Protection System are operational. But this
planet could be dangerous... Harmful atmosphere could be eating away at your protection, and Life Support is slowly diminishing. You really want to get off this
world, but it's going to take some work. You crack your knuckles and begin to "science the shit out of this."
- Lost In Space - Extreme heat and cold, toxic, radiation, and stormy climates, mean the clock is ticking. Manage your time on the surface!
- Feed Me Seymour! - The Flora can be alive and dangerous. Approach with caution!
- An Angry Pineapple! - There may be Fauna on your world! It could be tame, it could be aggressive. It may even hunt you! Be careful when interacting with alien life.
- Friends With Benefits - Sharing with the local Fauna may just have it's rewards.
- Take Shelter! - There are various places that you can hide to escape hostile atmosphere. Caves, structures, trade posts, and your Starship.
- Use Your Resources! - Your Exosuit, Multi-Tool, and Starship's shield can be recharged by elements you've collected.
- Below - Better resources may exist in cave systems and further beneath the surface. But stranger and more dangerous life may exist as well.
- Share The Load - If you're close enough to your Starship, you can teleport resources to it's inventory to allow you to carry more stuff.
In order to get your journey through the cosmos started, you're going to need to repair some of your gear, and that busted ship. Below are the four items that will need repair if you wanna get off this rock, and moving towards the center-
(Click to enlarge)
Click for some helpful and basic tips for your journey
Click below to view a long running list of popular trailers, gameplays, demonstrations, interviews, and other information. You'll be there all day.
Spoiler Thread- Please keep major spoilers out of the |OT|, and tag anything that might be spoiler-ish. Use common sense.
PC Screenshot Thread- For you high end PC users that love your super crisp beauty shots.
Day One Patch Notes Thread- The lengthy list of content and improvement to the Day one version.
Review Thread- Where people think 8.0 isn't a pretty good score for a game.
More Sci-Fi Art! Plenty of old school Science Fiction Goodness.
No Man's Sky Photo Thread!- Take your photo sharing to this thread. Just dont be a punk. Follow the rules :)
Sean Murray's Message to you.
Digital Foundry PS4 Framerate Test
What would make No Man's Sky better for you?
No Man's Sky Photo Contest!
Thanks to ichtyander for the great Galactic Allied Federation logo. Thanks to Trouble for the |OT| Title.
Will continue to add content to the OT as needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PLEASE KEEP ANY LORE, NPC DIALOGUE, GALAXY CENTER, OR STORY ELEMENTS SPOILER TAGGED.
This OT was originally created by LegacyZero.