• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Mindlog
(03-20-2017, 02:29 AM)
Yes, you can farm on a freighter. I have ~108 hydroponic trays on my freighter.
Containers/Vaults are shared between bases and freighters so you only get 10 of those total.
You used to be able to send stuff from your ship to your freighter, but now you have to go to the captain on the freighter for everything. I basically only use that feature for long term storage. Would be very useful if you hoarded a very expensive material until you found a system that sold it with the special bonus star value.

*Beaten by Unicorn!
Nemic77
(03-20-2017, 03:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Minamu

The blueprints thing is probably a glitch, it wasn't like that last year, it happened after the Foundation patch I think, and they haven't fixed it yet. The ship scanner is probably broken as well, or at the very least very finicky.

Originally Posted by eyeball_kid

They had fixed the repeated blueprints, but seem to have reintroduced that bug in the Foundation update. Fortunately, with the new nanite cluster system you can at least go to space stations and buy the ones you want.

And yeah the ship scanner is mostly useless. If you want to find a specific type of building, build a signal beacon on the ground. You can tell it to search for several kinds of POIs.

Thanks for the answers.

Hope they fix the blueprint bug then. Just played for around 3 hours and didn't get a single new blueprint from around a dozen or so chances. I do buy some at the space stations but they seem kinda limited in selection and no Atlas pass or warp drives there from what I've seen so far.

Guess I'm just going through a rough patch. Even the crashed ships are all 90% shuttles and all clear downgrades.

Will keep trying.
neoism
(03-20-2017, 03:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Unicorn

Yes you can grow on freighter.

On PC there is a mod to transfer to freighter through more avenues, but vanilla requires you to go to the captain and deal with that menu system.

Also, cross post from pathfinder thread. I'll probably frequent the OT more often:

https://nomansskymods.com/mods/darc-...nges-the-game/

This could be interesting. First "overhaul" mod I've seen. Has good list of compatibility too. Removes geknip and requires german or brithish language files, so I guess I'm out.

In other news, here's the past 3 days of my life:

I'm at over 100million and Now I'm on the lookout for a sick freighter and then I think I'm good until the next update or I find a sweet new homeplanet.

A lot more images here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/adivine.../?appid=275850

Need more Rigogen to finish the basement. When I loaded up my game again the nipnip bud was no longer a commodity of high value in the system, so maybe certain goods vary based on game load? Either way I'm sort of frustrated by that and maybe I'll just keep trying to reboot to get that special again because they were paying a really high percent, but just now the highest I could find on an on-planet trade station was +5%.

dat blue ship my gawrd...��

soo is glass the best thing for money?

i only have 5 mill....

if only i knew i had a planet back in the og days gravballs every fucking where!

��

but glass is 20k each in meh game?!
dubq
(03-20-2017, 03:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Mindlog

Yes, you can farm on a freighter. I have ~108 hydroponic trays on my freighter.
Containers/Vaults are shared between bases and freighters so you only get 10 of those total.
You used to be able to send stuff from your ship to your freighter, but now you have to go to the captain on the freighter for everything. I basically only use that feature for long term storage. Would be very useful if you hoarded a very expensive material until you found a system that sold it with the special bonus star value.

*Beaten by Unicorn!

Does that mean once you get a freighter the capacity for those containers increases to 2000, on planet as well?
Minamu
(03-20-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Nemic77

Thanks for the answers.

Hope they fix the blueprint bug then. Just played for around 3 hours and didn't get a single new blueprint from around a dozen or so chances. I do buy some at the space stations but they seem kinda limited in selection and no Atlas pass or warp drives there from what I've seen so far.

Guess I'm just going through a rough patch. Even the crashed ships are all 90% shuttles and all clear downgrades.

Will keep trying.

I've gotten my three Atlas Passes from abandoned buildings and such as rewards. But you're not missing out on much at the moment, and they don't stack >_< The lvl 2 and 3 doors mostly lead to silly plant farms for free Carbon... As for warp drives, you could get them from the people in space stations that you can talk to. Solving the "puzzles" the station leader provides can give you such blueprints. No idea if that's the only place though but it used to be that way I believe.
eyeball_kid
(03-20-2017, 07:20 AM)

I've gotten my three Atlas Passes from abandoned buildings and such as rewards. But you're not missing out on much at the moment, and they don't stack >_< The lvl 2 and 3 doors mostly lead to silly plant farms for free Carbon...

After 100+ hours in NMS, Polo finally gave me a level 2 Atlas pass. Yeah, it was definitely a itsfuckingnothing.gif when I walked into the room.
ultimota
(03-20-2017, 11:25 AM)
posted this in the PC performance thread but since that thread has been dead for months i thought i would post here to (if not ok plz delete)

i just started playing and noticed some odd "issues"

i visited a friend to see if these things were showing up for him and they didn't seem to be

also getting some missing textures eg. emeril is just black. also low 50fps on planets though not sure if thats normal for this game though

cpu - 7700k
gpu - GTX1080
ram - 16gb ddr4
Nemic77
(03-20-2017, 01:18 PM)

I've gotten my three Atlas Passes from abandoned buildings and such as rewards. But you're not missing out on much at the moment, and they don't stack >_< The lvl 2 and 3 doors mostly lead to silly plant farms for free Carbon... As for warp drives, you could get them from the people in space stations that you can talk to. Solving the "puzzles" the station leader provides can give you such blueprints. No idea if that's the only place though but it used to be that way I believe.

This was before the update, right? Because I only get nanites from abandoned buildings and other places that seem to have given blueprints before.

Space stations with the nanite shop and the NPC dialogue are probably the best places to get anything new until this repeated blueprint bug gets fixed.
dubq
(03-20-2017, 03:50 PM)

The items don't stack but can a V2 pass not open a V1 and a V3 open a V2 + V1? If not, that's super lame..
Minamu
(03-20-2017, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Nemic77

This was before the update, right? Because I only get nanites from abandoned buildings and other places that seem to have given blueprints before.

Space stations with the nanite shop and the NPC dialogue are probably the best places to get anything new until this repeated blueprint bug gets fixed.

Ah yeah probably, I've had the v3 for some weeks, I think it was a building reward so probably before nanites.

Originally Posted by dubq

The items don't stack but can a V2 pass not open a V1 and a V3 open a V2 + V1? If not, that's super lame..

Yes that's what I mean. If you want to be able to open everything, you need to dedicate three slots in your inventory permanently for the passes. I guess you could go the bypass chip route and only build them when you need them but they're not one-time use like the chips and cost more iirc.
dubq
(03-20-2017, 11:23 PM)
According to the Wikia:

AtlasPass v1 is the only AtlasPass that can unlock Debris containers.

AtlasPass v3 can be used for any door that requires an AtlasPass. This makes AtlasPass v2 obsolete once the v3 version is acquired.

So I guess you could eliminate V2 from your inventory once you get a V3.. that's something. Still bizarre that they would have you carry around a V1 just for debris containers.
eyeball_kid
(03-20-2017, 11:31 PM)

Ah yeah probably, I've had the v3 for some weeks, I think it was a building reward so probably before nanites.

Yes that's what I mean. If you want to be able to open everything, you need to dedicate three slots in your inventory permanently for the passes. I guess you could go the bypass chip route and only build them when you need them but they're not one-time use like the chips and cost more iirc.

Yeah it's kind of sad that the level 1 pass is really the best pass, as the canisters often give Antimatter for warp cells. Those locked-off rooms were one of those things they probably just threw together as they were running out of money and had to ship.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just got rid of warp cells completely and just made warping a straightforward fuel meter. It really bogs down the flow of exploration and trading to have to find materials to craft warp cells every time. At the very least warp cells should be available for sale at every space station.
Ballistics
(03-21-2017, 12:43 AM)

Originally Posted by eyeball_kid

Yeah it's kind of sad that the level 1 pass is really the best pass, as the canisters often give Antimatter for warp cells. Those locked-off rooms were one of those things they probably just threw together as they were running out of money and had to ship.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just got rid of warp cells completely and just made warping a straightforward fuel meter. It really bogs down the flow of exploration and trading to have to find materials to craft warp cells every time. At the very least warp cells should be available for sale at every space station.

I don't think they should get rid of warp cells, because they are easy to make. What they should do is make each cell last for 100 lightyears. So if I travel 50 I still have room to travel back or to another system. Then if I wanted to travel further than 100, I'd need more than one. It would save space in your inventory, because you could just top up the drive.
Mindlog
(03-21-2017, 01:22 AM)
Oh dang. How rad would it be if they let players build warp gates? Imagine a very costly transportation network built organically by everyone still playing.
dubq
(Yesterday, 06:26 PM)
Finally got a warpdrive upgrade so that I could get to a red star system and mine some Rubeum.. wow that stuff sells for quite a bit on the GTN. Will probably have enough for a freighter sooner than I had thought!
neoism
(Yesterday, 11:05 PM)
Fucking woooow

I had 10 atlas stones and got to the last one with all 10 stones but didn't give me the option to give them to it because they were on my ship. 😑

I love this game but it has the fucking worst inventory management system ever and I have max slots on both suit and ship
Last edited by neoism; Yesterday at 11:12 PM.
shortcomings
(Yesterday, 11:12 PM)
Just bought the game and played half an hour to get the hang of things. Died a couple of times because of the sentinels but no worries.
Now I'm in an endless loop of death because I'm out of life support, and can't do anything because I'm dead in seconds, be it on a cave or inside the base.
Last edited by shortcomings; Yesterday at 11:15 PM.
dreamstation
(Yesterday, 11:41 PM)
I really hope the next update(s) focuses more on exploration and discovery because right now planets are not exciting enough to explore. Given that planets only have the one biome and that there are no unique structures or anything to discover, once you clear the atmosphere and land or even just fly over the surface for 5 seconds you've pretty much seen everything the planet has to offer. It has become even more apparent the last couple of days for me as I have been warping around a lot searching for new ships and freighters.

I've been landing on every planet and moon that I come to but only briefly as my experience with the game tells me that there's simply nothing out there to find that is worthwhile. Give me a reason to spend an hour or ten exploring a planet, other than to collect resources or to take a screenshot or two. I want some of that mystery, that excitement, that feeling of not knowing what's out there, that feeling we all had when we fired up the game for the first time and we were exploring our first planet. I want that feeling back again, but for every planet or moon that I visit.
eyeball_kid
(Today, 01:10 AM)

Originally Posted by dreamstation

I really hope the next update(s) focuses more on exploration and discovery because right now planets are not exciting enough to explore. Given that planets only have the one biome and that there are no unique structures or anything to discover, once you clear the atmosphere and land or even just fly over the surface for 5 seconds you've pretty much seen everything the planet has to offer. It has become even more apparent the last couple of days for me as I have been warping around a lot searching for new ships and freighters.

I've been landing on every planet and moon that I come to but only briefly as my experience with the game tells me that there's simply nothing out there to find that is worthwhile. Give me a reason to spend an hour or ten exploring a planet, other than to collect resources or to take a screenshot or two. I want some of that mystery, that excitement, that feeling of not knowing what's out there, that feeling we all had when we fired up the game for the first time and we were exploring our first planet. I want that feeling back again, but for every planet or moon that I visit.

I'm sure they realize the creatures are pretty goofy and way too limited to be unique enough to fill a galaxy (considering they promised "hundreds" of base creature models and we got what...15?), but I imagine they're waiting until all the changes they want to make to the proc gen are done before pressing the reset button again. Maybe that will be the next update.

But to your complaint about the lack of unique structures or discoveries, it's certainly a problem and not something that can be easily solved with procedural generation. It would be interesting to see some Dwarf Fortress kind of procedural lore and worldbuilding so that each planet has its own stories and history, but that would be a major undertaking.

I really think the best chance they have to make the planets more interesting is to increase the number of activities and threats, fleshing out the combat and making NPCs interact with the land (and with you). Imagine big Korvax mining haulers, or Vy'keen bounty hunters, etc. Dynamic missions that feed back into the local faction and NPC allegiances. One can dream anyway.
noonespecial
(Today, 02:06 AM)
Agreed about the lack of interest in planet exploration. I think I've said similar things in this forum before but I wish that they would construct their planets with "themes" to start with and to make most/all of the lifeforms on each planet fit into that same theme. I know that planet Earth has a huge variety of life on it and I'm not expecting nearly that level of variety on each world I visit in NMS but having at least narrow themes on a world would be good.

I also think that the lifeform generation should progress through more steps to determine the life on the planet based on the type(s) of biome(s) on the planet, if the planet is cold, or hot, or irradiated, etc. Although NMS does this to a small degree (I know that high radiation planets seem to have a much higher chance of having the really weird creatures and there are cactus on "desert" like planets for a couple of examples) there could be a lot more work done on this. A couple of quick examples are for a cold planet maybe all/most of the creatures should have fur or thick hides to protect them from the cold?

Some examples off the top of my head:
-A planet with fungus type lifeforms, including maybe some giant fungus that slowly move around.

-A lifeless world that perhaps had a nuclear disaster in its past so there would be devastated ruins and a high level of radiation.

-A mineral rich world with a bunch of illegal mining on it. Perhaps you have to fight the miners for resources.

-A planet where the indigenous sentient life form is being used as slave labor for mining or some other kind of work.

I know that regardless, there would still be a bit of "sameness" after a while but there must be something that could be done to make these planets seem more unique - maybe not even do this on every single planet (some of them should just be empty rocks) but even if a fifth of the worlds were more interesting it would help.